Photo

Tactical Close Quarter Raider

5 replies to this topic

#1 CarbonNerf1

CarbonNerf1

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

This is my modded nerf Tactical Close Quarter Raider (and also my 1st post )

This Blaster is painted tactical black and has a few internal and external mods:
-AR Removed
-Air Release Hole Covered
-Plunger Padding
-Spring Spacer
-ORing Seal Improvement
-Iron Sight(external)
-Custom Tactical Black Paint Job (external)
it gets about 50 to 55 ft feet Flat.60 to 65 angled (30 degree angle) so its getting pretty decent ranges for a close quarter blaster.
it still slam fires as smooth with relatively less force as a stock raider as i only did a spring spacer (wrapping layers of e-tape around the plunger to pre-compress the spring, same effect as the penny mod. gives about 5-10 feet extra boost range! :lol: ) The ORing seal improvement is just by wrapping a layer of E-Tape around to the Stock ORing. this mod has two goods, 1. is that it improves the seal ( like DUHH!) 2. it covers up the ORing so i can put ANY LUBRICANT without worrying about swelling up the Oring!!! The plunger padding pads and reinforce the plunger tube is that it doesn't break and it also silences the gun. The AR (Air Restrictor)removal gives the most range to the blaster, about 15-20 feet! I gave it a clean Tactical Black paint job so it could look realistic (i ain't about to take this gun outside anytime soon LOL) i also attached a steel pipe at the end of the blaster to give it a "iron Sight". its not accurate at all, so its just for looks.
So all in all this is a good gun with good ranges and nice Tactical look . be sure too check out my youtube video to look at the gun.
Interested in owning this Tactical Close Quarter Raider? you cn Buy this buy E-mailing me (@ carbonnerf@hotmail.com) or PM-ing me and placing an order^^
Questions? Comments? Flames?~

CarbonNerf

Edited by CarbonNerf1, 07 November 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#2 chavez guy

chavez guy

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • State:California

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

Flames?~

It wouldn't surprise me.
Hablamos Espaņol

#3 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,078 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

Why yes, I think I do have some input to offer:

• Don't call your toy guns "tactical". That's fucking stupid.
  • The link to your youtube video is broken. Fix that shit.
  • On second thought, don't fix it, because your video sucks. It's 50 seconds of text, and 3 seconds of pictures...
  • ... pictures which you should have just posted here...
  • ...or in the modifications and paintjobs thread, where this whole post probably belongs.
  • Capitalize your goddamn sentences.
  • Use proper punctuation, and stop with the multiple fucking exclamation points!!!!1!1!111!
  • I was also going to rake you over the coals about spelling, but to my surprise you actually did pretty well in that regard.
  • No one gives a shit about angled ranges.
  • The mod itself is pretty good. 50-55feet is quite competitive for a Raider. While it will probably be out-classed at an outdoor war, it should work well at an indoor venue.
  • Don't paint your guns jet black. At least you're sensible enough not to take it outside... the fashion police would probably shoot you, given how hideous the paint job is.
  • This whole thread stinks of an effort to try to sell your shitty blaster. That sort of bullshit belongs in the trading section.
  • Don't put your signature at the end of the post. That's obnoxious as fuck, and your goddamn name is right there in the sidebar.
I'm mean because I love you, and want you to succeed. You exhibit competence and gumption when it comes to modding, but you need a little guidance when it comes to posting. For now, just stick to posting in the picture thread unless you have a comprehensive writeup to contribute.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 07 November 2011 - 10:17 PM.

#4 The Nerfaholic

The Nerfaholic

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

I saw the name and thought it was a new way to minimize a Raider. Try to avoid painting guns all black, and pictures are always nice. Also if it's not new (or an improvement on an existing mod) just post it in the mods and pictures threads.
Roses are red, And violets are blue. One day we'll cruise down Blood Gulch avenue.

#5 CarbonNerf1

CarbonNerf1

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:48 AM

Why yes, I think I do have some input to offer:

• Don't call your toy guns "tactical". That's fucking stupid.
  • The link to your youtube video is broken. Fix that shit.
  • On second thought, don't fix it, because your video sucks. It's 50 seconds of text, and 3 seconds of pictures...
  • ... pictures which you should have just posted here...
  • ...or in the modifications and paintjobs thread, where this whole post probably belongs.
  • Capitalize your goddamn sentences.
  • Use proper punctuation, and stop with the multiple fucking exclamation points!!!!1!1!111!
  • I was also going to rake you over the coals about spelling, but to my surprise you actually did pretty well in that regard.
  • No one gives a shit about angled ranges.
  • The mod itself is pretty good. 50-55feet is quite competitive for a Raider. While it will probably be out-classed at an outdoor war, it should work well at an indoor venue.
  • Don't paint your guns jet black. At least you're sensible enough not to take it outside... the fashion police would probably shoot you, given how hideous the paint job is.
  • This whole thread stinks of an effort to try to sell your shitty blaster. That sort of bullshit belongs in the trading section.
  • Don't put your signature at the end of the post. That's obnoxious as fuck, and your goddamn name is right there in the sidebar.
I'm mean because I love you, and want you to succeed. You exhibit competence and gumption when it comes to modding, but you need a little guidance when it comes to posting. For now, just stick to posting in the picture thread unless you have a comprehensive writeup to contribute.

Thanks for your constructive criticism. i will think about all of that :blush:

Edited by CarbonNerf1, 08 November 2011 - 12:49 AM.

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

This is my modded nerf Tactical Close Quarter Raider (and also my 1st post )

Pretty much everything Beaver said. But most of all, this belongs in the mods/paintjobs thread.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Don't do this.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users