The Mmno Summer War

A sequel perhaps?

117 replies to this topic

#26 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 06:20 PM

Alright, ill have to ask my parents on the date. Stupid summer school, and gay civics careers course is keepin me busy in july. :P

Summer school for what? Dare I presume it's for math? My girlfriend is taking math in summer school, and my other friend is taking it for the second year in a row... she doesn't like to think about another wasted summer. I do hope our war won't interfere with your courses though. Why are you taking Civics during summer school? I could've sworn it was a grade 10 course... or maybe you want it out of the way?

One more thing guys... my darts are now BB weighted. Fish weights were too expensive, but now I have to use two weights, because they aren't as heavy as 3/0. Blah, I hope to have 100 done in the next 4 days.

If Chrysler is poking around, it'd be great if he posted, *wink*.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#27 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 07:35 PM

Yea im taking civics and careers in july. Its a grade 10 course and I need to get rid of it once and for all. Its not interfering with our war because i end on July 29, so thats good. But I really hate it now that im missing 1 month of my summer. :P
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#28 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:14 PM

BW you’re taking it with 90 yen on the Britney shrine (cough cough through in your 5k and it’s yours** we can add another person to the war list. Not for sure yet but maybe. He’s name is Daniel, cool guy. He nerfs with me a lot and I’m going to hook him up with a freshly modded maxshot. Good guy. Well I can come to the war for sure. Time to start to make some darts!

Blink
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#29 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 06:47 PM

....we can add another person to the war list. Not for sure yet but maybe. He’s name is Daniel, cool guy...

Blink

Okay guys, this topic died for a day or so... time to ressurect.

I modified the original news letter a wee bit, and this is what we get:

Meadowvale Nerf War Official News Letter

Okay people, this is the official newsletter for the ‘Mississauga Meadowvale Nerf Out’. The MMNO 2.

Now, I would like to outline a few key concerns I have about the war. These will be divided into their respective categories: Apparel, Safety, Time, Location, games, and finally, everything else that doesn’t fit in the above categories.

Apparel
For a Nerf war, you will generally want to be dressed in something very comfortable, and easy to move in. You will be dodging darts, running around, and it will be a mild day. Suitable apparel is anything you are comfortable wearing. There are laws, however, against certain choices of attire… such as not wearing pants in a public area. I shall hope we all show up ‘dressed to kill’, which is a double entandre.

Bring a backpack for all of your guns and parts, darts, and accessories. When and if we go out for lunch, you don’t want to be seen with a gun… plus, why carry it around?

Safety

You will be shooting projectiles at people, and having them to you. Safety is number one, and I will MAKE SURE that everyone is protected. The biggest factor is eye protection, and it will be REQUIRED at this war. Eye protection is goggles, glasses, shades, anything. I will be sporting some rubber science goggles, unbreakable by these darts.

You will also most likely need clothes that will soften the impact of darts. We do however need to be able to feel the hits so that there is no arguing over if you were shot or not.

Gloves are also something to consider, nothing like white knuckles after getting hit multiple times in the hand. Gloves are also good for crawling and such, if you use those tactics.

Time

We have our war date set for August 14th 2004. We have set the start date at 11:30 am, and the war will rage until about 5:00. We find this to be a suitable time frame, so that when you leave it isn’t dark, and your parents will be able to get your home for dinner.

The location is a school called Meadowvale Secondary School. It is a Public High School located just off of Edenwood Drive. It is the facility beside Battleford Road. The area should be clear, there may be a few people walking dogs and such.

(NOTE: If you need maps to this area, contact Spectre2689@sympatico.ca)

The weather here in Mississauga is predictable, and never changes much. For August, we expect a temperature range of 19*C to 30*C (maybe higher), after all, it is August. Wear what is comfortable.

The location has many characteristics that we can use to our advantage. It is a large school, and it’s basically a large box. The place we will be playing at is the forest in the back of the field. The forest is amazing. You will see pictures displayed shortly, once we can get them taken.

There is a plaza with places to eat not far from the location, walking distance (10 minutes). There are larger establishments within driving distance from our warring area as well. Washrooms shall be bushes.

Games

We haven’t really figured this out yet, we think that the games will be decided at the time. I would like to try a lot of rule sets and games to get the most out of this experience. Bring your ideas with you, and don’t be afraid to share your thoughts.

Our main game types would be CTF (Capture the Flag), Assault (one team defends and objective, another team tries to complete it), and just a Team Death Match sort of thing.

Everything Else

Bring a lunch if you can. This will make it easier on us as a group. Bring friends. Have fun. Laugh more than you cry. Goof around, but don’t be stupid. Remember safety comes first, and always others before you. Be polite and mature, and don’t get into stupid arguments. Try your best to not get hurt, and have as much fun as possible. Talk your parents into watching a round of Nerf so they know what we are doing.

I hope this answers all of your questions. If not, e-mail Mike (Spectre2689@sympatico.ca) or Cam (stonedsquirrelz@hotmail.com).

- Written by: Cam

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so now we get into the problems. Who's got some? I need to hear from you people on every aspect.

Blink, Daniel sounds cool, bring him along!

Everyone else, post! The pictures of the area will be up soon, I swear to god, as will the site! (Just don't ask about it anymore.)

I beleive that is it... Carry on.

Edited by Xx_Black-Wrath_xX, 03 June 2004 - 06:50 PM.

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--

#30 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 08:47 PM

Nice, ill print this off now once i finsish overload of work. I wont bother about the site anymore until you have it up. :huh:
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#31 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:39 PM

Okay, glad to hear it.

I'm finished school guys, finally! Exams start next week, but I basically get days upon days off. It's great to know that you don't have to wake up early anymore, my exams are all at 11:30am!

Now, I just refinished my SM5k. I 9/16 brassed it, with a new and improved bolt action breach. It looks just the same as it used to, because I hid it well. I used the same bolt, only it's a cover for the new copper bolt. I'm noticing range increases, aswell as a hell of a lot of fucking velocity. My dad watched me fire it, and told me if he heard me pull the trigger of it, it'd be in the garage for good. Obviously, I ripped through his drywall again... silly me. I can't wait to hurt you guys =). Just kidding.

Okay, letter to parents. Same as last year. Here it is, Halfie, and to all else who would like it. Copy/paste/print my friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Parents,

It has been brought to your attention by your child that he/she would like to attend a ‘Nerf War’ in Meadowvale, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

At first, the term ‘war’ may seem harsh, and uninviting. Although we refer to these outings as ‘Nerf Wars’, it is merely a ‘Nerf Outing’. The term war is simply a catchy title.

To fully understand what your child hopes to do at this outing, you must first be aware of the purpose of this outing, and the basic procedures that will be made during the outing. As you know, Nerf brand dart guns fire small bursts of air that propel soft foam darts at small distances. These foam darts are harmless as they are, but as you have witnessed, you son/daughter has ‘modified’ his/her Nerf brand dart gun to have increased performance. With these enhancements to the blasters, they can propel darts to reach great distances, with great accuracy. With these improvements, there comes a greater risk of injury.

At a Nerf outing such as this one, we will generally be running around a school field firing Nerf darts at eachother. Safety for this type of exercise is key to the success of the war, so my co-organizer and myself have made some points very clear. Attendees of the war must be covered on the torso and legs. Participants must wear eye protection as these darts could damage an eye. The participants of the war will be checked and evaluated on how well their equipment and protection will decrease the risk of injury.

Among the many games we play at a Nerf outing, we will play ‘death matches’. The rules are simple for a game such as this, which are: Shoot someone before they shoot you. Games and rules will be changed to fit everyone’s needs so that no one is left out. We will take the utmost caution when planning games to reduce the risks of injury and displeasure.

As with all sports, there is always a variable that we cannot control, and that is how well mannered and behaved the attendees of the war are. Trust is very important with a Nerf outing, and we hope that there will be no major disagreements regarding tagging and such. There will always be something that will go wrong, but we hope to keep things under control, and to keep everyone happy and enjoying themselves.

We ask that participants bring a lunch and drinks with them, unless they would like to look for a place to eat after the war. Refreshments may be provided, but that will be determined at a later time at this point. The war will begin at 11:30 am on Saturday, August 14th and will end at approximately 5:00 pm.

Parents are encouraged to come and watch a few rounds and games, and to get to know Nerf more intimately. We want everyone to enjoy their time at the war, and we would like parents to share in this experience.

CENSORED

Sincerely,

Cam, Mike, & Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys alright with that? And yes, Tony (Blink) is now an official host. He helped out so much last time, and now that he's one of Mike and I's best friends, he's a host.

Now, if your parents have any questions they wish to ask through you, post them.

I have a little idea for you all... earlier war? Let's say, in a week? The 12th of June 2004? What do you guys say to that? I'm itching for a war... If not though, the August 14th war is still happening. It'd be great if we could have 2 wars though, and month apart and everything.

Post damn it.

Edited by Black Wrath, 17 April 2010 - 04:02 PM.

--

#32 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 09:13 AM

You lucky lil' sacparrot. I start exams on the 14th. I might not be able to come to the war on June 12th if you have one. But it depends on how much i need to study for the exams.
Letter to the Parents = good. Three hosts now eh, we'll see what happens if we do that hosts vs. guests war again. ^_^
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#33 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 07:19 PM

June 12… sounds kick ass what is that next week… I can come to the April 14 for sure but I’m going to go and ask now for the 12th. But otherwise were good

So I’m a host, I feel so special. Like the little yellow bus special!
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#34 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 08:02 AM

So Cam how are those pictures com- oh wait. Last Time I asked my mom she said theres about a 75% chance of me coming. Oh yeah... About the earlyer (I don't know how to spell that) war, no no no no no. We're moving soon (On June 30th) and dont have time for stuff like, well, anything pretty much. Allthough I could ask my mom. But In Augest we'll already have moved. Thanks for the letter to parents.

Blink Is Special ~Halfling~

#35 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:47 AM

Glad to hear it Halfie! 75% is still a B... Anyways, that would be wicked if you could make it. Did your parents like the letter? I hope it persuaded (sp?) them to mayeb let you go 100%.

Now, about the earlier war... I've changed my mind. My band wants to get together next week, which is basically Me, Tony, Mike, Bryan, and Ryan might show. This makes a conflict in the shedual.

My conclusion is... Saturday June 19th 2004? Anyone up for that? Me and Mike would be done exams, and so would Jeeves. Blink doesn't have any so he's pretty much open from what I gather. So, opinions?

Good news everyone! We have two new Nerfers! Bryan and Mike! As long as I buy the stuff, they will pay me for two Nested Brass modded Maxshots. I'm going to ask for 20$ from each of them. This is very good guys, they would be ready to play on the 19th. Our war roster looks like it might grow pretty big, almost 15, I think we'd have 13. Which reminds me... another headcount please?

I beleive that's it for now.

1)June 19th war (I know it's the same as VANS)
2)New Nerfers

Are to be addressed.

--

#36 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 12:41 PM

(sp?)

Whats that mean? Also, like I said, We're moving so I can't attend any time before June 30th. I have not shown my parents the letter to parents yet. But I will.

~Halfling~

Edited by 1/2 Newb 1/2 Nerfer, 07 June 2004 - 12:41 PM.

#37 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:45 PM

June 19th is the weekend of next week right? If it is then ill most probably be free to come. Headcount: Me and Jon. Theres going to be 15 people, thats great! 6 more bullets from my rf20 yet to be used, hehehe :huh:
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#38 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:51 AM

June 19th is the weekend of next week right?  If it is then ill most probably be free to come.  Headcount: Me and Jon.  Theres going to be 15 people, thats great!  6 more bullets from my rf20 yet to be used, hehehe ^_^

Yeah, not this weekend, the weekend after. I changed my mind because not alot of people could come, I have exams, and I can't make darts while I'm studying.

Halfie, "sp?" just means, "I don't know how to spell this word, is that how it's spelt?". It's used when people are too lazy to pull up MS Word or something and use spellcheck on a word. I'm sorry to hear you can't make the earlier war... but your parents seem pretty cool with letting you come out in August, so that's not bad at all.

I just thought I'd share with the world my wonderfully small arsenal. If you guys can remember that far back, my guns used to look pretty budget, but you could tell I put work into them. Well now, I've remodded each of my three guns, repainted, and just reworked them all.

Behold... The 'Black Wrath Arsenal'.

SM5k Before:
Posted Image

SM5k After:
Posted Image

Lock N' Load:
Posted Image

MaxShot:
Posted Image

Whole Group:
Posted Image

What do you guys think? I can't wait to use them on you guys... it's been what, three months?

Edit: Go brass by the way! I redid my SM5k with 9/16ths and my Ln'L and Mshot both have 17/32nds nests in 9/16ths barrels.

SM5k: 130' average level shot with Hunting BB weighted 2 inch stefans
Mshot: 98' average level shot with Hunting BB weighted 2 inch stefans
Ln'L: 87' average level shot with Hunting BB weighted 2 inch stefans

I've gotten huge fluxes in my shots, sometimes my Ln'L will out distance my Mshot depending on what dart is used and the way the dart is twisted into the nest. My SM5K may have lost 3 feet in distance due to minimal air loss through the bolt. I've made it almost completely air tight, it's 9/16ths with a 19/32nds bolt (perfect telescope) so I doubt any air really does get out.

Yeah, I'm going to own this war unless Mike fixes up some of his guns. He has the same lineup as me: Overrated Spring pistol (=P), Excellent Spring Rifle, Excellent Pump Rifle. Blink on the other hand... if he can get all of his guns working again, there goes my chances of having children.

Um, so is anyone ELSE interested in June 19th? So far it's me, Nazgul, Bryan, Mike (not our Mike) and that's it. I do so painfully wish our Mike would check the FUCKING forums more than once a bloody week. I wanna hear from Blink too, are you bringing anyone on June 19th?

Wow... Math exam Part 1 was quite easy today, only took me an hour instead of the full 90 minutes. I can't wait for Part 2 tomorrow.

Edited by Xx_Black-Wrath_xX, 08 June 2004 - 12:49 PM.

--

#39 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:08 AM

Bitch.

#40 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 12:57 PM

Bitch.

Ha ha! Do you have a picture of your arsenal? It sounded huge, I'd like to see if you have any good guns, and what you've done to them.

Oh, and I check your post on June 7th about the pictures.

Fuckeh. I completely forgot. Exams+laziness= no clicky clicky. I will however, have so much free time after Math Pt. 2 that I can finally take some pictures without my mom finding out. It's all about if my dad brings home his computer so I can upload the pictures/resize/reduce quality/clean up/ e-mail them to this computer and then upload them to PB and then get them posted.

In other words, it may take until 8:00pm tomorrow, or it could take until 2:00am Friday morning. Either way, I'll have them for you sooner rather than later.

Now back to rotating my rollerblade wheels... bitch manufacturers make it so difficult.

--

#41 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:16 PM

Ha ha! Do you have a picture of your arsenal? It sounded huge, I'd like to see if you have any good guns, and what you've done to them.

Well, the only good guns I have are 2 SM750's, a Maxshot, Rapid Fire 20, Powerclip With 2 Clips and 2 SM1500's. Uh, I'm not that great at modding. But I do have a Powerclip thats broken where it makes the clip advance and I'm trying to think of an intergration. I AM DESPERATE FOR A PISTOL!!! (Lock 'n' Load, Nite Finder, Tech Target)

#42 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:02 PM

Our early June war sounds good, but, if the friday before the weekend is my last day of school then i might not be able to go. Im guessing it isnt.
Nice arsenal, i see you improved your lnl, now arjun might buy it for 100$, hehe.
You think your exams are hard. . . just pm me then.
Lastly, i shall be posting some pics of my arsenal once im done, tweaking them up. ^_^
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#43 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:06 PM

[Cam] Okay, I got the pictures taken. It was a very hot day today (35*C), so I had to work hard not to pass out while rollerblading. We're posting under Mike so it looks like he's actually doing something in this thread. I do warn this will be photo heavy, 27 pictures, it may take a while to load them all. Sorry for this. [/Cam]

To the pictures!

[ominously large amount of pictures courtesy of Cam]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[Cam]This is where I would like us to meet^. It's right beside the entrance to the forest.[/Cam]
Posted Image

[/ominously large amount of pictures courtesy of Cam]

[Mike] Oh my flaming dog shit in a used latex condom. Wow. I missed alot. Then I had to make up for it by downloading, resizing, and hosting every single image you see above.

Anyways, I may be able to make the 19th war, and will be re-vamping my arsenal before then. I'm gonna "silence" my all-powerful NF, so that it really looks like a Mk23. (snicker) But until then, I'll be...writing exams. I'll be back home before Cam is even awake. Son of a...

So, until I post again, I bid you farewell. You sluts...[/Mike]
Spectre of the CFM

#44 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:09 PM

[Mike] Aaaaand some more pictures...stupid picture limit control.[/Mike]

[another ominously large assortment of pictures]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/another ominously large assortment of pictures]

I think that's everything. Sorry for the double post, and go fuck yourse...I mean have a nice day. ^_^
Spectre of the CFM

#45 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:46 AM

...i shall be posting some pics of my arsenal...

I would too, If I knew how. Can someone please tell me how to post pictures on this godda- I mean wonderfull glorious website. Anyways, someone help me.

~Halfling~

#46 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 07:59 AM

Yeah, um. Wow.

Written by Mike and yours truely.

I hope it helps.

Anyways, anyone really like the area? It looks better in person, I couldn't take pictures of everywhere, but the place is huge. I mean huge! So many small trees to climb, and huge ones to hide behind... and I have a little secret in that forest too. Let's just say watch yourself when you walk past a 'Y'.

--

#47 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:34 AM

The forest seems big...too big. The area looks cool though. My dad is ok with both wars so i'll be able to come. We need to post more so thats all i have to say for now. :(
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#48 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 05:26 PM

Don't worry, we won't get lost. Yes it is a huge place, but it is also one of my favourite forests in our area, so I know it well.

I'm glad you can come to both wars! This is gonna be great guys.

I agree... more posting!

Headcount for next weekend please? Nazgul, can Jon make it next week?

--

#49 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:51 AM

Should we all post our 'bios' or something? Composed of things like our armory and whats the percentage of chance of comings to either wars? ect.

<edit> Fixed grammar, damn messenger talk throws me off! <edit>

~Halfling~

Edited by 1/2 Newb 1/2 Nerfer, 14 June 2004 - 06:57 AM.

#50 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:41 AM

Should we all post our 'bios' or something? Composed of things like our armory and whats the percentage of chance of comings to either wars? ect.

<edit> Fixed grammar, damn messenger talk throws me off! <edit>

~Halfling~

Don't worry about that yet. On the website we will have all of that stuff. We hope to have a chatarea.com forum just for general purpose, where you can post that information and then we put it on the site. It's gonna be a while... I have a lot to do in the next few weeks.

Which brings me to my next point. I just found out on Saturday evening that my dear old Nana is dying of Terminal liver cancer... the same son of a bitch that killed her husband, my Big Dad. It's untreatable, and has a 'killing frame' of 4-6 months. This means that I'm going to be losing one of the most amazing persons in my life. I'm trying to hold back from just letting it all go, but let me tell you that it's hard when you're so close to someone to know that they won't be around to see you graduate, or marry, or have their great grandchildren. My family will be flying out soon, close to the end of the month... so I'll be in Vancouver earlier than I expected. If you guys remember, I was going to see my Nana the first week of July until the third week.

So um... this weekend's war... I will try to pick up the pieces and make it... but I don't know if I can. It really is hard, I can't describe it. I hope you guys understand that now I have to take care of my family, and that now I will have so many stresses that Nerf quite possibly could take a hit and not be very important for a while.

I'm sorry for this inconvience... but I can't control rapid mitosis.

--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users