Homemade Ball Valve Gun

mine only shoots 30ft

5 replies to this topic

#1 Megothitinheadbydart

Megothitinheadbydart

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:11 PM

I made a homemade ball valve gun but it only shoots 30'. I used 80psi with a two foot pvc barrel and mega stefans.

#2 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:21 PM

Does it use a 3/4 inch barrel or a 5/8 inch barrel diameter? Cause i made one with a 3/4 inch barrel, shot a mega dart in it with 80 psi with a two foot barrel, and the dart exploded. But the second shot went 60 feet becaus it spiralled into the ground. The tip wasn't heavy enough. I don't really see why your's only shot 30 feet. Unless you did use a 5/8" barrel with a nerf mega dart, not a stefan mega, meaning that the two foot barrel was useless except it only acyed as an expansion chamber makin less pressure hit the dart. But still, there must have been a fault somewhere in your construction. What design of a ball valve homemade was it? Multiple shots from one fill or shoot it and fill it? Because one thing to remember is to always have a firing tank the same size volume as your barrel. Otherwise the dart won't do as much in performance. That's what i have noticed with testing of my homemade.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#3 Megothitinheadbydart

Megothitinheadbydart

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for the advice. I used a 1/2 inch pvc barrel with a mega stefan. the dart didn't spin out it just went really slowly and weakly. My chamber was a little bigger than the barrel.

#4 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:36 PM

Next time before firing listen to the gun to see if it's leeking, it sounds like a bike tire after you just ran over glass (I do hate that so much). BMX forever and good luck.
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#5 Phantom

Phantom

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:19 AM

lets just say this: mine seems as if its a real firearm.

#6 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 06:54 AM

lets just say this: mine seems as if its a real firearm.

Thanks, Phantom that was very helpful.
Anyway, I'd say make sure you are turning the ball valve quickly. If this is hard to do then lube it with WD-40.
Sup?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users