dart modification

how too make darts work with tommy 20

4 replies to this topic

#1 reflex strike

reflex strike

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

i would like too know if there is a was too make Nerf brand darts work in the Tommy 20 without taking the tips off, and have them still work in other guns. does anyone know a way?

#2 The Nerfaholic

The Nerfaholic

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

Wrapping E-tape around the fly wheels sometimes works provided you can get it to stay.

Edited by The Nerfaholic, 08 October 2011 - 07:29 AM.

Roses are red, And violets are blue. One day we'll cruise down Blood Gulch avenue.

#3 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

Wrapping E-tape around the fly wheels sometimes works provided you can get it to stay.

Thats not what he ment, he means the darts are to long to rotate into the blaster,

I modified the blaster by removing some of the shell around the flywheels, pm me if you'd like some pictures.......
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#4 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

You can always cut down the foam chunk of the darts.

As for e-tape, I found some high-friction tape at Do it Best the other day, and physicswise it works, but you also have to think about how tightly the wheels grip the dart, tighter is better. But, the tape is a spikey kind, so it shreds the sides of the darts, and is especially more noticible the tighter the dart fits. There was another style, which was grey, and was a smoother, but still seemed to have a fair amount of friction, and definitly more than e-tape.

And just put some superglue on the ends of the etape, and try to get the two ends to match up as close as possible, so there's no gap, which would allow darts to slowly pry away at the tape.

Edited by Exo, 13 October 2011 - 03:31 PM.

#5 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

i would like too know if there is a was too make Nerf brand darts work in the Tommy 20 without taking the tips off, and have them still work in other guns. does anyone know a way?

What the fuck is this? Capitalization lets us know where your retarded sentances commence. Read the Code of Conduct before you post again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users