Homemade nerf reverse plunger?

7 replies to this topic

#1 DICE134

DICE134

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

I have been thinking. Is it possible to make a homemade reverse plunger system that actually shoots relatively good?

If you think about it, you can increase diameter, put a stronger spring in, and make it longer.

I am not sure if there is one on the forum, but it might be a good idea. If anyone has an idea for this, or has made one, leave a comment below.

#2 CuppaSteve

CuppaSteve

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • State:Florida

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

Louiec3 and Rogue collaborated on a homemade reverse PT here, although it was designed to be a more durable copy of stock PTs without any drastic performance changes. You could always change some stuff up, though.

#3 Nerfomania

Nerfomania

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

I have seen something interesting at various Home improvement stores to anyone attempting to do this. I looked in electrical conduit and saw something called an expansion joint.

http://www.besttooln...oint-Qty-20.jpg

It has a o-ring built in that make a very good seal.

Food for thought.
20:45 Talio I'll have the talk with you
20:45 Talio penis in vagina
20:45 Talio fin

#4 DICE134

DICE134

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

Louiec3 and Rogue collaborated on a homemade reverse PT here, although it was designed to be a more durable copy of stock PTs without any drastic performance changes. You could always change some stuff up, though.

That is cool but I was thinking of making a homemade shell or something like that.

#5 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

I designed a reverse plunger blaster sometime last year that would have been Rear loading, pump action with an integrated inline but it never got past the design stage. One of the problems was the sizing of the piping used as the bigger diameter pieces would have been very heavy. That and the ball valve on the back..
I won't go in to much detail.

Take a look at how the LOTR Xbow (in the mod directory), a large reverse plunger. Something like Koree's mod (look for it) would be do-able and practical in the right hands.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#6 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

IIRC, someone made a HAMP style reverse plunger. Check the homemade pic thread.
If you wish to post anything HvZ related, here ya go.

"...if you've ever suffered the effects of a fucking faggot retard overpopulation, you'll understand what devistaiting effects it can have on one's psyche." - Talio

#7 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

I was going to direct you to Carrtoon's TEC-9 as an example of a homemade reverse plunger, but it looks like his picture links have died. Anyway, the gist of his design was a SNAP-style pistol where the barrel served as the plunger rod. It was primed by pulling the barrel forward. The barrel then flew backwards when firing. It was loaded by means of a removable endcap, so a dart could be placed in the base of the barrel.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#8 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

I am not sure if there is one on the forum, but it might be a good idea. If anyone has an idea for this, or has made one, leave a comment below.

No. This is what we refer to as a concept thread. You had a fraction of an idea, and now you want someone else to do the heavy lifting. If you're not going to do it yourself, don't even bother posting.

Oh, and I have this crazy idea about how you could find out if there "is one on the forum".

DO A FUCKING SEARCH, YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT! Now don't post again unless you're possitive I won't castrate you for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users