NerfRevolution hacked

not this again...

7 replies to this topic

#1 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

So it would seem Nerfrevolution has been hacked, at least as of right now, hopefully the admins will have it cleaned up soon. I'm just posting this as a pre-warning to let people know to avoid it for safety reasons for a while, and we can also use this thread to keep updated on it's status until it gets fixed, unless an admin decides to post some "official thread" on this, so far I've seen no threads relating to this.

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#2 chase

chase

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

This is from an iPod.
Posted Image
Because calling a nerfer a nerd is like calling water wet.

#3 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:29 AM

It seems to be back up.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#4 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

It seems to be back up.

I'm still seeing the hacked directory page when I get in through the address bar, but was able to wander in through some of the links. Nrev still may not be 100% yet.

Edited by shmmee, 26 September 2011 - 02:02 PM.

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#5 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

http://www.nerfrevol...ms/homepage.php works for me.

http://www.nerfrevolution.com is still borked.
Fugly is a feature.

#6 tim3716

tim3716

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

Same over here, the hacker must have not been good at hacking.:)

#7 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

He didn't hack the site. All he did was put up a fake page in the directory. You guys can go use the site with no worry of being hacked.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#8 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, I'm sure most of you noticed the site hacking. The problem was not on our end. It looks like someone gained access to all/most of the sites that were being hosted by this website's host. This allowed the skiddie access to pretty much all of the websites, including several of mine.

What this means:
We weren't specifically targeted. In addition, the security problem was not on our end. So don't worry that we'll be attacked again; even if we are, it would just be a blanket attack on all the sites on those servers. In addition, this guy was a complete script kiddie. He even left in the comments on the mp3 code clearly indicating someone else wrote them. Hence, it is very unlikely that he managed to do anything at all besides change the index page. All evidence points to him having done nothing else. Your passwords were encrypted when stored anyways, so he wouldn't have found much use with them had he tried to get them. The reason for the odd behavior of the index page afterwards was because a suitable backup was not found by the host on their server. It'll be fixed asap. In the mean time, I ask that you just continue using the site normally and ignore the homepage.

/thread.

Edited by Ozymandias, 26 September 2011 - 11:57 PM.

If you wish to post anything HvZ related, here ya go.

"...if you've ever suffered the effects of a fucking faggot retard overpopulation, you'll understand what devistaiting effects it can have on one's psyche." - Talio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users