OFNO - Ohio Fall Nerf Out
Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:06 PM
Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM, or when everyone's tired.
Try to arrive early, ~9:30 AM or so.
Date: October 29th
State: Ohio (HUR DUR)
What to bring:
- A Primary (more than one is a good idea - in case you have breakage!)
- A single-shot pistol, speedloaders, turrets, etc. are allowed. Just no apeshit NF rifle or something.
- Darts - Domes, stock, slugs, etc. Just no slingshot/3/0 weighted darts.
- Eye protection - I don't give a shit how old you are, you're gonna wear it.
- Lunch / Money - I will have a few extra sandwiches/snacks. Either way, bring some.
- Proper clothing - It will most likely be rather chilly. Also, don't be a moron and show up in camo unless it is neon pink or something.
- Any and all missle/rocket/ball shooting weapons you might have access to. You might find they come in handy during some of the game-types, and they are always useful for breaking shields.
- Melee weapons and shields will be permitted - see below...
What not to bring:
- Dangerous blasters/darts/etc - i.e. no metal spikes, wooden "gunblades", no tack-darts, etc. Blasters will be banned if they are deemed unsafe for any reason, including firing way too hard. No blanket bans will be imposed, but it is unlikely that your singled Titan will be used unless it is fairly underpowered. (No, "I will only pump it X times" will not be acceptable!) You can bring these for show off only, blasters, not darts.
- Blasters or other gear that could be mistaken for actual weapons (i.e. black-painted blasters, silver "knives", etc.). These should definitely be left at home.
- Participants under 13 years old are welcome, but MUST be accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult (18+)
- If you act like a 3-year-old, I'll send you home like a 3-year-old.
- Please clean up after yourselves - a trash bag will be provided, and everyone is expected to participate in dart-sweeps.
- We will break for lunch some time around Noon or a bit later, probably for 30-45 minutes.
Melee & Shield Rules
Melee weapons will be allowed, though they should conform to a few basic rules.
- No metal should be used in the construction of the Melee weapon.
- All striking surfaces should be covered with a sufficiently thick layer of foam.
- Anything I deem ridiculous or dangerous will not be allowed.
- Melee weapons can be used for blocking darts just like shields (see below) - but only if they are in your hand. If your Melee weapon is holstered, a hit on it counts just like a gun hit.
- I have not set up a specific game schedule. This will be done soon.
Sieze the Balls
Capture the Flag
Defend the Core
Strategic Assault (a game of my own devising - involves "destroying" the enemy base before they "destroy" yours by scoring hits on special targets)
Bring money if you wish to buy something from an attendee, and bring things you'd like to trade.
psychoswan17 + 1-2
Bring family, friends, etc. Lets make this war happen!
Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:13 PM
And when she looks stunned show her a picture of the blaster.
But if she gets excited. You're in.
Time is the one thing you can never escape.-Father Time
Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:33 PM
Northeast area, Canton specifically.
Where in Ohio are you planning to have this war?
Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:15 PM
Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:23 PM
Count me in as a definite. I'm looking forward to it.
Games Schedule will be up later on today.
Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:01 PM
Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:26 AM
Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:37 PM
Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:34 AM
I can re-schedule, but be warned, its gonna be cold... really cold.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users