Pretty Fly(wheel) for a White Guy!

12 replies to this topic

#1 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

Just found and bought at the East Lansing Toys R Us. Have also seen at other Michigan TRU stores. Right off the bat, the aesthetics are a win.
Posted Image
Behold, the key to being Rambo.

Right off the bat, looking at it, it's a cross between a Stampede (looks) and Punisher (flywheel+chains). The "clip" holds 6 AA batteries, and there's an On/Off switch on the left side. Turn it on, the flywheels spin up. The trigger then fires the darts in automatic.

Posted Image

Posted Image
With a removable, collapsible stock.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Has an electric switch linked to the presence of a chain, just like the Vulcan.

Posted Image
In its full glory.

Here's a quick firing video; I'm a bit angled here, but I'm getting 40' flat stock. So far, have had no feeding troubles or misfires.
VIDEO NOT WORKING AT THE MOMENT.
The blaster looks great, feels great, and shoots great. While flywheels defeat any attempt at stealth and limit modding potential, I could see myself using this at a stock Nerf war, or (once the voltage is increased) as a suppression/Defend the Core blaster at a modified war.

Edited by Buffdaddy, 02 October 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#2 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

While it seems completely silly to have a faux mag with a chain, It still looks totally cool. Great find. I love how tacticool the stock is. What's the price on one of these badboys?

Edited by andtheherois, 02 October 2011 - 10:17 PM.

The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#3 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

Will update initial post: it was $30, so a pretty penny for a flywheel blaster. That being said, there's voltage mods you could do to it, and a relatively large space in the rear of the blaster ready for integration (ideally, an upwards-facing backpressure tank with RSCB, and a blast button behind the trigger). So I could see this as capable of becoming a legit primary with work.

#4 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

Will update initial post: it was $30, so a pretty penny for a flywheel blaster. That being said, there's voltage mods you could do to it, and a relatively large space in the rear of the blaster ready for integration (ideally, an upwards-facing backpressure tank with RSCB, and a blast button behind the trigger). So I could see this as capable of becoming a legit primary with work.

Sounds like a good plan. I was thinking something like that too, depending on what the insides looked like. Have you tested the rail with nerf accessories?

Edited by andtheherois, 02 October 2011 - 10:32 PM.

The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#5 Nerfomania

Nerfomania

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

Nice find!

I am kinda looking forward to the integration possibilities (flywheels EWWWW).

How is the plastic quality/feel? Similar to Nerf or like the quadshot?
20:45 Talio I'll have the talk with you
20:45 Talio penis in vagina
20:45 Talio fin

#6 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

Pretty sure Rambo prefers his PAS...

Anyway, was there any sign of a spare belt package like there was for the Vulcan?

Can this thing take unmodified whistlers, or do you have to cut them down to fit?
If you wish to post anything HvZ related, here ya go.

"...if you've ever suffered the effects of a fucking faggot retard overpopulation, you'll understand what devistaiting effects it can have on one's psyche." - Talio

#7 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

Pretty sure Rambo prefers his PAS...

Anyway, was there any sign of a spare belt package like there was for the Vulcan?

Can this thing take unmodified whistlers, or do you have to cut them down to fit?

No signs of spare chains. The chain itself says "PUNISHER" (hahaha), though.

And the darts have flat rubber heads streamlined with the body. Whistlers would not go in all the way, and would jam it.
Although if the flywheel is built for darts like these, stefans cut to appropriate length should work.

#8 yennepnollad

yennepnollad

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:06 AM

I can definitely see an amperage boost here. How people think that increasing the voltage automatically increases the power is beyond me, though. 8 AA batteries in a series creates 12 volts, the same as your car battery. The important difference between the two is the amperage. You can have a lead-acid cell the size of a minivan, but, depending upon the stoichiometry involved, it will still only produce 12 volts. Just in case there are any disbelievers you can look up Ohm's law, which states that voltage=potential difference measured across the conductor, while amperage is a measure of the amount of electrons, or current.
"How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak."

#9 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

I can definitely see an amperage boost here. How people think that increasing the voltage automatically increases the power is beyond me, though. 8 AA batteries in a series creates 12 volts, the same as your car battery. The important difference between the two is the amperage. You can have a lead-acid cell the size of a minivan, but, depending upon the stoichiometry involved, it will still only produce 12 volts. Just in case there are any disbelievers you can look up Ohm's law, which states that voltage=potential difference measured across the conductor, while amperage is a measure of the amount of electrons, or current.

May I quote an equation for you? Let's go with the rotational speed of a DC motor, operating at a constant voltage.
Posted Image
Rotational speed is proportional to voltage applied. Current increases would reduce speed.

SCIENCE, BITCHES. RESPECT IT.

a.k.a. As an FNG, you should probably look things up before stating them as fact. Not to mention that:

a ) In attempting to explain Ohm's Law, you instead merely defined terms in it, voltage and current. Ohm's Law STATES that current is proportional to voltage, and inversely proportional to resistance.
b ) 8 AA batteries (on the assumption that they are alkaline) do make 12V. Thanks for telling us, dawg.
c ) In stating this opinion, you ignore all of the previous mods done before where upgrading the Voltage DOES increase the range, because it makes the DC motors rotate faster. Which also reduces torque, but we're flinging foam, so lowering the torque is largely irrelevant. We're not operating a car here.
d ) Your example of having a lead-acid battery the size of a minivan is completely nonsensical, considering the topic.

Edited by Buffdaddy, 03 October 2011 - 01:05 AM.

#10 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:28 AM

As you cite, Ohm's law:

Posted Image

Given a resistance (your motor), the only way to jack up amperage is by increasing voltage. That is Ohm's law.

You are terrible at physics and you are terrible at life.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#11 canuck

canuck

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

You are terrible at physics and you are terrible at life.

So they are not mutually exclusive.....

Edited by canuck, 03 October 2011 - 12:01 PM.

We don't have military tactics or specialized training. We're fucking kids playing with plastic guns trying to tag each other.
-nerfer9

#12 yennepnollad

yennepnollad

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

May I quote an equation for you? Let's go with the rotational speed of a DC motor, operating at a constant voltage.
Posted Image
Rotational speed is proportional to voltage applied. Current increases would reduce speed.

SCIENCE, BITCHES. RESPECT IT.

a.k.a. As an FNG, you should probably look things up before stating them as fact. Not to mention that:

a ) In attempting to explain Ohm's Law, you instead merely defined terms in it, voltage and current. Ohm's Law STATES that current is proportional to voltage, and inversely proportional to resistance.
b ) 8 AA batteries (on the assumption that they are alkaline) do make 12V. Thanks for telling us, dawg.
c ) In stating this opinion, you ignore all of the previous mods done before where upgrading the Voltage DOES increase the range, because it makes the DC motors rotate faster. Which also reduces torque, but we're flinging foam, so lowering the torque is largely irrelevant. We're not operating a car here.
d ) Your example of having a lead-acid battery the size of a minivan is completely nonsensical, considering the topic.

My my, aren't we touchy? I do concede that you are correct, sir. My apologies. I'm sure you spent a long time researching this in order to supplant a stinging retort. Well done.
"How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak."

#13 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

My my, aren't we touchy? I do concede that you are correct, sir. My apologies. I'm sure you spent a long time researching this in order to supplant a stinging retort. Well done.

About 3 minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users