Bbb Spring Into An X-bow

anyone try it?

4 replies to this topic

#1 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 05:37 PM

Hey all, my BBB exploded today...i went to cock it and it exploded in my hands !
so I stomped on it in frustration and all the guts fell out. I looked at its spring and noticed its pretty similar to the stock spring in an x-bow. Im too lazey to take my x-bow all apart and swap the springs to test it. so i was wondering if anyone ever used a BBB spring in their x-bow? I already get 150' flat out of my x-bow so i dont know if it can get any more powerfull.

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 05:40 PM

150' flat? Whoa... idk whether to believe it, but if that's true, that is incredible. Anyways, it's similar, but I don't really think it's much stronger. I think you're better off re-enforcing the internals and putting an industrial strengh spring in. By the way, what mods did you do to your x-bow?

~ompa

#3 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:31 PM

Yeah, 150' flat is a little hard to belive...I'm using a DT3 spring and a bungee and I am clearing 100'.

You can use the BBB spring, but it is smaller. Thus, less power.

Linky-poo to my Crossbow mod, which I belive is the most informative on the net. Also make sure to use rawray7's.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:56 PM

my x-bow has the dt3 spring, reinforced plunger shaft, bungee and intagrated sm1500(old). I shoot cutt in half stock micro darts (red) out of a PVC barrel. I went to Lowes one day and they had some new brand of PVC that had a MUCH smoother inside than the PVC they had before. I think my extra 50' of range comes form my micros and new PVC.

Thanks for the help guys.

edit: nice matching X-bow and LnL there Rag !

Edited by NinjZ, 13 May 2004 - 09:01 PM.

#5 seirus

seirus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:54 PM

I went to home depot the other day and found some 1/2 in. PVC that was 600 P.S.I, so I replaced the old stuff on mine with it, and it made a massive difference. My buddy found that one out the hard way after I got a shot in his earlobe from three feet. Ouch.
Yeah, life sucks, but it does guarantee a trip around the sun every 365 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users