Welcome to the 9th Nerf War at Fort Worden.
Artillery Hill in Fort Worden State Park is composed of a L-shaped line of concrete artillery batteries built to defend Puget Sound from enemy warships in the first half of the 20th century. The batteries are constructed in a similar style as German bunkers on D-Day. Three stories stretching across a quarter mile of concrete provides an excellent place for Nerf warfare.
Previous Wars listed on NerfHaven: Oct 2009, Dec 2009. Feb 2010, Oct 2010, March 2011
Date: Sunday, October 2nd, 2011.
Time: 10 am until dusk.
Location: Batteries Benson, Ash, Quarles, & Randol (Artillery Hill) in Fort Worden State Park, Port Townsend, WA
Directions: We will be playing in the batteries on Artillery Hill in the center of Fort Worden. Upon entering the park, drive straight until you reach the buildings at the base of the hill. Park around the old power building in front of you which is now a woodworking shop. From there, you can either follow the road on the left as it goes up the hill. You can also take any of the trails going up the hill until you reach Battery Way and follow it to the right. As the road reaches the top of the hill, the line of batteries will be on the right. We will probably be setting up around Battery Benson at the north end.
Cost: The State Park is free. Parking onsite may require the purchase of a State Park's Discover Pass ($10 or $30 yearly)
Sandwiches, soda, and water will be provided. Please let me know if you are planning on coming so I can bring enough for everyone.
I will have a large quantity of darts for general use. Mark your own darts, or they shall be donated to replenish this supply.
While not a rule, bringing a flashlight is strongly encouraged. There are some darker areas of the batteries and it will aid in dart clean-up.
What to bring:
- At least one blaster.
- Nerf darts. Mark them with your initials if you want them back.
- Eye protection. Shatter resistant glasses are acceptable. We have limited extras.
- All players must be at least 14 years old. Most of our problems stem from young players without parental supervision.
- Eye protection is required to be worn for all games.
- We are guests of the park rangers at Fort Worden. We keep our bunkers clean, respect other guests, and behave ourselves.
- Please bring blasters suitable for indoor Nerf warfare. All modded blasters are subject to approval.
- Official Nerf darts only. Other brands are also acceptable. No homemade or camouflage darts.
- Foam melee weapons are only allowed in the HvZ games and can only be wielded by zombies.
Puget Sound Nerf War on YouTube
October 2009 Video taken by FlamingHilt
Edited by Gunther, 10 September 2011 - 05:41 AM.