Photo

Nitefinder Rifle Trigger Problem

5 replies to this topic

#1 IrishMonk

IrishMonk

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

I'm working on a KBarker style NF Rifle mod (an NF with double length plunger rod and plunger tube ), and I've already upgraded the catch spring and I am using the stock plunger rod (double the length of a normal one though). When I prime the blaster without the spring, it catches fine and when I pull the trigger the plunger rod can move forward. However, when I prime the blaster WITH the spring (which is a 7.5" [k26]), it still catches, but when I pull the trigger nothing happens. Any ideas on why this is happening? (Sorry, I can't post pics at the moment)

EDIT: Problem fixed. Turns out Yellow NF catches are slightly thicker than Whiteout Series catches, or at least that's how it turned out for me. I was using a Yellow NF catch in the Whiteout Series shell and there was too much friction in the catch grooves. I reverted to the Whiteout Series catch and it works great. Thanks to everyone who posted here!

Edited by IrishMonk, 03 September 2011 - 12:36 AM.

#2 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

It sounds like maybe the force of the coiled spring is too much for the trigger to push the catch against. Is the trigger pull the same with and without the spring? If it's possible, I would do tests with weaker springs as well.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#3 BOSS9

BOSS9

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

I'm working on a KBarker style NF Rifle mod (an NF with double length plunger rod and plunger tube ), and I've already upgraded the catch spring and I am using the stock plunger rod (double the length of a normal one though). When I prime the blaster without the spring, it catches fine and when I pull the trigger the plunger rod can move forward. However, when I prime the blaster WITH the spring (which is a 7.5" [k26]), it still catches, but when I pull the trigger nothing happens. Any ideas on why this is happening? (Sorry, I can't post pics at the moment)

I have a nite-rifle made from a clear shell (the plastic is terrible, no one ever try it- reinforcements broke my wallet) and noticed that with a strong catch spring (ace #2) the post the trigger slides on can bend down, and without a stable base, the trigger doesn't push the catch up. This would be made worse by a spring pushing against the spring rest and potentially squeezing the catch, making too much friction. This is especially a problem with newer editions that have 2-3X thinner spring rests, or clear ones. I solved both of these problems with lots of epoxy putty- around the trigger post, and into the small area behind the spring rest (later sanded to fit around the catch).

Edited by BOSS9, 02 September 2011 - 10:26 PM.

#4 IrishMonk

IrishMonk

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

I tried tests with weaker springs, as well as different combinations of strong and weak catch springs. The trigger still doesn't work. I already have epoxy putty near the catch. I'll try putting some around the trigger and see what happens.

#5 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

I had this problem too. I did two things to fix it.

1) Cut out more space for the #2 spring to move more freely. Its a tight fit in the current catch spring slot.
2) Dig the catch notch deeper, and sand the little bump thing flat. DONT CUT MORE THAN HALF WAY! also reinforce with something else if you are using hallow NF plunger rods. My plunger rod was 3/8" PVC so I didnt have to worry about that.

#6 IrishMonk

IrishMonk

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:37 AM

Problem solved. See first post. Admins, feel free to close this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users