Max Force Shadow Hawk

Rich kid's spitball gun

5 replies to this topic

#1 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

I have started seeing these in Target and saw immediate potential. For the benefit of the NIC I have an overview ofthe blaster meant to either entice to buy or dissolve interest. Either way, here it is:
Posted Image

Here are all parts (all $40 worth)
Posted Image

And assembled, basically a longstrike. HOWEVER you immediately notice a study build and the accessories are very well secured.
Posted Image

Here is why I really bought it: the ammo is paper! As in biodegradable, dissolves in rain, and mean ni more dirty parks!
Posted Image

The clip is loaded and advanced by the mechanical movement of the 'bolt action'. These mechanism are very sturdy and had no missadvances or clip misalignments.
Posted Image

First asspain: it is primed and fired by a pull-and-release system. Spring feels very strong, but the grip may or may not hurt like hell afte repeated firings.

Comfortable handle, good for grown hands, and lots of room to add a trigger.
Posted Image

Priming rod: look like you could attach a SNAP-esque catch perhaps.
Posted Image

Here is the point of air release, if a person was to single or adapt to Nerf.
Posted Image

Has a tac rail that is Nerf compatible.
Posted Image

Scope is compatible with Nerf tac rails.
Posted Image

Bi-pod blows. Flimsy as all hell. Only thing that I not solid and sturdy.
Posted Image

RANGES: I says 100' on the box, might shoot that. I consistently hit a tree 75' away but I hit every inch of it as the ammo constantly spins out of control erratically. THIS is an unfortunate fault. The faux barrel actually does a lot to hinder the quality of the shots.

You can see that only a few fires leaves a paper residue. Didn't come with a squeegee. Bummer.
Posted Image

So...there it is. I wish I wish I wish it shot straight because I would use it at wars but that is just not going to happen it seems. Have plans to dissassemble some day, more then, but for now I'll field questions.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#2 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

The ONLY reason I wasn't interested in this series is because it had not catch or trigger. Mabey if I had mor knowledge of catches and making them, I could have devised a way to make beast prime.
Please, call me Busted.

#3 AbstractSociety

AbstractSociety

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

I made a thread about their products earlier: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=21410

Not sure if mods want to keep this all in one thread. Just a heads up.

#4 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

@k-nex: dude, expand those boundaries :D

@AbStrac: rectified.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#5 hockeyfights118

hockeyfights118

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

That shell just looks badass. I'm definately buying one when they come in stock at my target.

But one question though, what is the mag capacity of those paper things, and how do you load them?
I love nerf.

QUOTE(Poseidon @ Oct 2 2009, 05:28 PM)

Stalk... do you mean "stock" or are we talking about corn now?

#6 Curly

Curly

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

But one question though, what is the mag capacity of those paper things, and how do you load them?

8. Insert paper in mag and submerge entirely for 10 minutes.

The thing I've been dying to see is the plunger tube and spring. For a non-homemade blaster that thing has a decent draw, and a shell roomy enough for various barrel systems. I can see some ways to make it slamfire-only, rather than using a trigger. If somebody wanted to mod these but retain the stock barrel the first order of business is to secure the barrel. In the slo-mo vids you can see it jiggle about, which can only harm it's apparently poor accuracy.

Edited by Curly, 16 August 2011 - 10:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users