All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

DC Area Nerf War: Tell yo' friends!

147 replies to this topic

#1 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:47 AM

The goal of DCNF wars is to keep DMV NERF active, by having a war every month/2 months.

DCNF#1 was a success; now it's time to rock DCNF#2. This time around, I decided to give it an awesome name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
School may start in late August/ealy September, but that doesn't mean that Nerf has to end! Let's do this!

Date:
September 17th

Time:
10:00 AM SHARP will be when we start the war, untill whenever we feel like ending.
Please, if possible get there a bit( 10-15 mins.) earlier,if you think one/more of your blasters will be subject to range testing/ban

Fleming Local Park in Bethesda, Maryland.
9929 Fleming Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
More info: http://www.montgomer.../fleminglp.shtm

Pictures: http://s981.photobuc...P/Fleming Pics/
Host(s):
Me, o' course.

Rules:
-No JOBARs, No Cobras, no singled Titans, no singled plugged-pump airguns designed to shoot anything larger than a Mega dart. (If you are unsure about whether your blaster fits this description, bring a back-up just in case.)
-No exposed metal barrels
-No blasters painted flat black or gray
-No dressing up in camouflage
-Eye protection is manditory, I don't care how old you are
-Other blasters will be handled on a case-by-case basis(INCLUDING HOMEMADE AIRGUNS)
-Doomsayers are allowed
-If your blaster is more than 75 percent grey of black, please use orange tape on it.
-Super soakers ARE allowed, but will be dealt with/banned on a case-by-case basis.
-It is OK if people under 13 attend-they just HAVE TO have parents in the parking lot/in the field/watching the WHOLE TIME.

Guidelines to non-douche-ness: MUST READ!-We are using public space for this war, and we DO NOT wanna get kicked out or get the cops called by the general public/people there!
-please keep profanity and vulgar symbols/actions to a bare minimum
-please keep loud yelling to a minimum too; there are houses nearby, and we wouldn't wanna disturb the school's environment with loud noises.
-PICK UP ALL TRASH that you leave, whether it is from lunch or a blaster. If you are seen leaving too much trash, you may not be invited to the next DCNF; the hosts/other attendees are NOT here to be your maids.
-try to pick up all darts during dart sweeps/lunch; we don't wanna leave too many darts on their field (it's pretty much the same as litter to them)

-If you repeatedly act violate these rules throughout the day, you may be asked to sit rounds out, or to leave/not come back to DCNF wars...let's make this a fun war for everybody, and a non-disturbing war for the school! Afterall, we're there to have fun, right?

Dart Restrictions:
-Nothing heavier than a 3/0 fishing weight under a hot glue dome. In other words, BBs, 3/16" balls, and anything lighter than a 3/0 fishing weight are allowed under a dome. Washers under hot glue domes, no matter the size, are banned.
-3/0 Fishing weights and anything lighter are allowed under a felt pad, or at least a 2mm craft foam padding.
NO EXPOSED METAL! I reserve the right to perform an autopsy to any darts that I feel seem unsafe, and ban any darts that violate the above rules.

What to bring:
-WATER! For YOUR SAKE!
-A lunch, packed or pre-bought. There aren't many places to get food nearby.
-2-3 primaries.(Please bring more than one, since there is a large chance that it will break/fail during the day, or you will just hate it in the field/get bored of it)
-200+ darts
-A pistol or two-we will be having pistol rounds
-Fun ammo- rockets, missiles, megas, mongos, balls, etc.
-Stuff to trade/money to buy stuff. We will have trading time.
-Stock ammo, if your manly enough to use it.
-Bring some melee stuff-swords, knives, etc, just for fun.

What not to bring:
-Alchohol or drugs
-Real firearms
-Camo
-Ghillie suits
-Flat black blasters
-Un-allowed darts
-Death darts

Shields:
-Manta Rays and Laser Fang wings only.

Melee:
-Melee hits count as barrel "taps". If your melee weapon gets shot it counts as a blaster hit.

Lunch:
-Pack one. There are places to eat within driving distance, not really walking distance.

Match Types:
-Deathmatch (3-15, 5-20, etc.)
-Not Deathmatch (will figure out what once I get a better idea of who will be attending)
-CTF?
-Pistol only rounds
-Whatever else we want to play

Please post below saying whether or not you can attend, and what date/location works best for you. Also, if you have advice for venue choice, please post below or PM me (for example, if you know of a better venue in the area, or one of the three mentioned above just suck). Please bring guests/friends/family if possible! The more the merrier! Let's make this an amazing war!

Attendees

Definite:
ChaosPropel (+1)
Aftershock
Landstricker
Crankymonky
Keo
T-Dog
Shandsgator
Koree
Modsrus

Maybe:

Langley
Muttonchops
Doom
Dizzyduck
Redshot (+2?)

Edited by ChaosPropel, 16 September 2011 - 08:41 PM.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

#2 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

17th I can make. If Getty Park Silver Spring was good, I wouldn't mind that at all. Wheaton Park is only slightly closer than Beall to me, so either of those are good too.

Christian will probably be fine on either date, If I can go i'll try and see if any of our other friends can and want to go. Although None of my other friends have anything modded, I just got a new 16" 1/2 drill bit maybe I can atleast drop air restrictors if it's before the war.

#3 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

I may be able to attend (with possibly 2 or 4 others also). Do you have the actual address, so that I can see how far it is? At this point I dont see either of those dates being a problem, but again as it draws nearer I will have to check. I cant honestly say about the park because I have never been to any of them haha. So whatever you guys think is best!

Thanks! Hopefully I can come!
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#4 Aftershock 81

Aftershock 81

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

I can make either date, but I will be late by a couple hours if the date is the 17th.

#5 One long shot

One long shot

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

If I'm one of the 2-4 on Red's list, then I might be able to make it, too. Yay!
Weirdness is a relative concept; If I'm weird to you, then what do I think is weird? If I'm it for you, what's it for me?

#6 sharvil06

sharvil06

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

Haha I hope to see you redshot! I'm a maybe for both dates... I'll know if I can come or not once the date gets closer. I'm up for beall. Wheaton is too far, and Getty is too small.

#7 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

If I have my provisional Liscenese by then, I may bring some more guests (besides Christian, but i'm not giving hinm transportation, he's close enough)

Everybody try and have atleast 1 legal melee weapom please, I'd like a melee only round.

#8 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

Sounds great, everyone! Redshot, I hope that you/your party can make it! I'll update the OP with attendence info when we get everything confirmed (date/venue).

For now, I'm gonna go ahead and set the date at Sept. 17th. Objections? If it doesn't work for too many people, I'll be willing to change to the 24th, or possibly the week before.

I am currently looking in to potential venues other than Beall ES; I'll update you guys soon.

#9 landstricker

landstricker

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:21 AM

Nice to see a another DCNF up.
For now, I think I'll be able to make both.
Hope we can get as amny people a last time.

#10 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

Sounds great, everyone! Redshot, I hope that you/your party can make it! I'll update the OP with attendence info when we get everything confirmed (date/venue).

For now, I'm gonna go ahead and set the date at Sept. 17th. Objections? If it doesn't work for too many people, I'll be willing to change to the 24th, or possibly the week before.

I am currently looking in to potential venues other than Beall ES; I'll update you guys soon.

Only the 17th works for me, even if I have my provisional liscense by then I don't wanna drive from Bowie to Rockville myself >.>

Christian hasn't responded to me, yet.

I'll try and get more guests.

#11 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

I'll see everyone on the 17th
Tyranny Response Team

#12 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

I know for sure I can't make the 17th, but there's a chance I can make the 24th. No need to change the date to the 24th for me though. I'll try to give an update later.

#13 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

Maybe if I can find a ride, my dad is not an option right now, best bet is a carpool... Put me on the maybe list.

#14 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

I may be able to make it on the 17th but the 24th could possibly work better. Either one though, one would just be without my dad, If I am able to come.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#15 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

So I can tell any possible guests Beall and the 17th ?

#16 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

So I can tell any possible guests Beall and the 17th ?

The date is most likely the 17th, but location will possibly change.

#17 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:57 AM

I'm a maybe as of now, but if I go, I'll be bringing someone.
Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#18 sharvil06

sharvil06

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:12 AM

I can only make it on the 17th. 24th is a no-go for me.

#19 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

Alright, war is on the 17th. I'll update the attendees list later today.

#20 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:49 AM

I'm a maybe, as always. I do not know if I'll be in Maryland in September. Even if I'm staying, there's no way for me to predict if I'll have something else to do on either day.

#21 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

I'm a definite for all dates and all locations.

Just a word of warning that September is when MSI (Maryland youth soccer) starts up. Make sure that we don't have any conflicts with soccer games at Beall or General Getty.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#22 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:46 AM

Just a word of warning that September is when MSI (Maryland youth soccer) starts up. Make sure that we don't have any conflicts with soccer games at Beall or General Getty.

Thanks for letting us know. The MSI Soccer site says that schedules for the Fall 2011 season will be posted on August 26th, so we'll see then.

If we can't use the field at Beall, we might have to relocate, since the field is a large part of the area where we play. Just a heads up.

#23 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

I have a possible +3 and Christian.

I hope there's more Pistol rounds, and maybe a melee.

Edit: wow this is hella inactive, I'm inviting a certain famous Nerf youtuber that lives in Baltimore, hope it's cool with you guys =P

Edited by Keo, 15 August 2011 - 01:47 AM.

#24 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

Can you set a date for this sooner rather than later? Picking a date sooner is better than waiting until the last minute to pick the "best" date.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#25 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Alright guys, war is officially September 17th, at Beall ES in Rockville, MD. Will update the OP with this info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users