Nerf Bolo Rounds

Improvement to shotgunning?

31 replies to this topic

#26 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

After messing around with Buffs homemade cobra and Bolo darts at Apoc, I would be disappointed to not see these implemented in other wars. Maybe a defend the core type game, with a pole as the core? Its a very fun alternative ammo that works actually like it was intended to.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#27 moosa

moosa

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:34 AM

These are great, but could you make them without needles in them?
Yes.

#28 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

These are great, but could you make them without needles in them?

You're only using the needle to thread the yarn through the foam. You're not actually leaving it in the foam.

#29 moosa

moosa

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

You're only using the needle to thread the yarn through the foam. You're not actually leaving it in the foam.

Haha. My mistake.
Good work!
Yes.

#30 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

I tried this with some 1.25" foam I found at the local surplus store. I loaded them with big hex nuts and connected them with some thick string I had. Wraparound was amazing, but my pulse strike, mighty as it is, can't propel two of these heavy weighted darts very far. I need to try something smaller.
A2GS + 4 meg RAM + 128 meg CF + 9600 Baud Lantronix = WIN

#31 Oxymoron

Oxymoron

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:28 AM

I was playing around with these using an inch of the normal hollow blue foam we use here in Aus. Firing from my Titan I get around 60ft flat but i'm not getting very good wrap around. Anyone have any ideas why? I tried tying them together with some cotton as well as fishing line, about 50cm in length. The cotton worked best.

#32 XxnoahnolexX

XxnoahnolexX

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

thats pretty sick. you should make a video to show how it works. thanks!!!! : J
You're so stupid that when police tell you that you broke the speed limit, you offer to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users