13 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 03:01 PM

http://www.amazon.co...4#more-pictures

So there you have it, the Van Helsing nerf gun. Is it gas powered? Clip loaded? Fully auto to semi? A paintball gun that shoots arrows, but yet can't hit vampires?
One can only hope.

If you had the misfortune of actually seeing this movie you can only hope that the gun doesn't suck as much as it did in the hands of the Wolverine and Indian Jones love child.

I'll swing by TRU this evening to see if they have one to give a detailed review on what this gun may be. I can't tell from the picture whether it will suck or not.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 03:04 PM

I really liked the movie Van hel sing. If you look closely you can see a black dart with a green suction cup. I can't tell where you put the dart though. Can't wait for the review.
"Is luck a loser's excuse for a winners position?"

#3 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 03:19 PM

It sucks that Jakks Pacific doesn't review it on their own website. I might want to do some research online before plunking $20 into it.

It looks nice though, maybe it is similar to the Lord of the Rings crossbows.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 03:37 PM

Become Van Helsing and hunt monsters with the kid-friendly rapid fire crossbow. It measures over 20" expanded and will rapid fire up to four arrows. Featuring a working scope and auto loading, it is Van Helsing's ultimate weapon.

4 shots. I'm guessing spring action but it could be essentially a sm1500/at2k.

By "working scope" I'd guess they're talking about those flip-up ring style sights.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:15 PM

That really sounds interesting. I'd buy one if it was avaliable.

Is it actually made by Nerf though?

#6 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:33 PM

No, it's made by Jakks Pacific as stated on the page that Talio linked.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#7 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:40 PM

Looks cool.

From my view, it seems you pull that golden thing on the back to prime a spring. A visible track that the string for the bow parts follows is on both sides, showing that they move back. I think they (strings) are for show, but they move with the spring in the action of firing and cocking. I think that it's like a SM3k, see the cartridge? It holds four micro darts from what I can tell, and it probably fires from the middle of the two bow parts, and auto rotates the darts into the chamber. Probably a bad seal, but it could be worth looking at.

This is what I can tell anyways... I may be wrong. I apologize for the grammatical errors in this post, I am damn tired.

Edited by Xx_Black-Wrath_xX, 10 May 2004 - 04:43 PM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:49 PM

Well I bought it, and have to say it's not really worth the cash. It's tiny, I'd take pictures, but it's not even worth it. Buy two blast bazooka's instead.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#9 Movius

Movius

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:05 PM

Maybe it'll be good if you mod it, if there is even a way how.

-Movius

#10 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:52 PM

whats the range un-modded talio? Is it spring powered? try banding it or see if theres any air restrictors. hell, if the thing can be moded to fire 50 feet id get one for indoor wars

#11 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:16 PM

No.

#12 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:22 PM

I saw one at TRU the other day. Looked like your basic nerf fair, you cock it for each shot. I'm guessing that you either manually rotate the darts after each shot, or that when you cock it it rotates the next round into position.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#13 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:23 AM

No, it's made by Jakks Pacific as stated on the page that Talio linked.

Ohh, sorry. I didnt really look at the description.

From what talio said this gun doesnt sound to good..

#14 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:44 PM

my brother recently bought it. it is possibly the most uncomfortable gun to hold in the world. other than that, it looks modifiable. i'll make my brother give a full review later, i haven't really seen too much of it in action.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users