5 replies to this topic

#1 PVC Arsenal 17

PVC Arsenal 17

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:50 PM

After months of development and weeks of construction, I present the A2:

Posted Image
(picture taken at about 95% completion... there were a few minor changes and some things were tidied up)

The A2 is the next level electropneumatic revolver designed to take the proven ARchangel concept, improve upon it, and apply it to a neater platform. Like before, it features select-fire and runs off CO2. The circuitry and coding are much improved. The layout of the weapon draws inspiration from the Nerf Firefly; it essentially matches the footprint and adds a foregrip.

There will be more details to come, but it's been a very tiresome week getting this thing to work in time for opening day of my town's annual HvZ game tomorrow, and I have to rest for it. Expect a more thorough report as well as some actual battle results in the days to come... assuming I don't get killed off too soon.

Edited by PVC Arsenal 17, 10 July 2011 - 11:52 PM.

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:09 AM

If you get tagged by an unarmed kid in a green bandanna while you're carrying around an electric co2 powered (semi?)automatic nerf blaster, you're doing it wrong.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

Looks fine. That is until you go to reload a canister that you spent like 30 bucks on and get destroyed by an unarmed kid like langely said.

My question is how many rounds can it fire off before it reload?. And ranges on it?
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#4 PVC Arsenal 17

PVC Arsenal 17

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:52 PM

40 feet flat with stock darts @ 100 psi. With stefans, a larger reservoir, and some valve time adjustments I expect much more than that. The gun performed very well today. Full-auto proved especially useful. 0 misfires but a few fishtails due to the stock darts. There are 15 barrels btw.

Edited by PVC Arsenal 17, 11 July 2011 - 07:52 PM.

#5 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:16 AM

Sorry for the slight necro here.

What if you took out the CO2 tank and replaced it with a compressed air can? They are cheaper and I know there are ways to actually compress them on the go. I think that would work a little better.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#6 PVC Arsenal 17

PVC Arsenal 17

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

It's certainly possible, but the A2 was purpose-built for fast-paced close quarter engagements in HvZ. Pumping would not have been ideal there. I'm taking a step away from this in my future projects, though. When I come back to Nerfing next year, I'll be bringing something entirely new to the hobby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users