longshot clip accepting problen FIXED!!

5 replies to this topic

#1 proplus

proplus

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:50 PM

Hello everybody,

I'd like to tell you all a way how to solve your longshot clip accepting problem without cutting the priming chamber ;) .

Some time ago my longshot has been acting funky. :|
The problem was that it didn't catch far back enough to accept the clip,
which meant I had to close the breech in order to put the clip which got really annoying.

My first thought was to cut the priming black piece by half a centimeter but, I thought to myself that there could have been something that caused the problem in the first piece. :|

Months later after re lubricating my blaster, found the ultimate solution.

It turns out that I placed my plunger head in the wrong position.

Okay, for those of you modders that have this problem and haven't taken action open up your longshot and take a close look at your plunger rod and head.
Now that your done that, see those four notches on your plunger head ?

If you have the problem I discussed earlier the four pegs from the plunger head will be out of alignment with the four nocthes
on the plunger head.

The next step is simple, just take out the plunger head and put it back in making sure it is all aligned.

Now put it all together and it should all work smoothly with the problem no longer in presence :D

So overall this is a great solution that everybody should do, especially if they go through this sort of problem. :)

Thanks for reading my post.

I'm trying to Improve my posting so, feel free to tell me how to improve. :)
By the way, I apologize for not adding pics.
"the peinus itself is a handle"

- Kane the medeocre

#2 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

Months later after re lubricating my blaster, found the ultimate solution.

It turns out that I placed my plunger head in the wrong position.

But if this problem was caused by you simply not re-assembling the blaster together, why post a topic how to fix it? There are many detailed modification guides to see how everything goes back together. Was the longshot like this before you opened it?

Edited by Broderick, 29 June 2011 - 10:00 PM.

#3 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

The only way this happens if you don't piece it back together right. Lots of people have issues like this but a new topic just to state this seems unneccesary. If I ever have issues I just look at the internal pictures and that solves it.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#4 Amp

Amp

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, the only way that could happen is if you put the blaster back together wrong. Always double check your blaster befor putting the screws in.

#5 proplus

proplus

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

But if this problem was caused by you simply not re-assembling the blaster together, why post a topic how to fix it? There are many detailed modification guides to see how everything goes back together. Was the longshot like this before you opened it?

No, but when this happens to you for your first time you start to think the problem is somewhere else.
This post was to point out where the problem was located.
"the peinus itself is a handle"

- Kane the medeocre

#6 KitAdrian

KitAdrian

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:02 AM

No, but when this happens to you for your first time you start to think the problem is somewhere else.
This post was to point out where the problem was located.

There used to be a stickied thread specifically about modding Longshots and how they are taken apart/put back together. It was up for a ridiculously long time. Now the Longshot is pretty well traveled ground for anyone with a screwdriver and time.

This section of the forum is for Mods and How To guides. It is not for threads about "I put my blaster together wrong and it sucked, then I did it right and it works better".

My roommate made a similar statement today: "My phone has been working terribly the last week. I can only receive calls and get online where there's wifi. Probably because I didn't pay my cellphone bill."

DUH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users