4 replies to this topic

#1 SK8R

SK8R

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

Here it is...... Posted Image

Cap hot glued shut Posted Image

Took off the grey plastic from the back so the pump can be pulled out longer. (For shorter pumping time) Posted Image

Hot glued a ball valve to the front and glued some CPVC to the end of that. Posted Image

Here is what it used to look like Posted Image
Ranges are 50-60 feet with 25 pumps.

Let me know if you want me to do a writeup.

Edited by SK8R, 09 July 2011 - 06:26 PM.

KIRBY DANCE! <(0_0<) <( 0_0 )> (>0_0)> <( 0_0 )> <(0_0<) <( 0_0 )> (>0_0)> <( 0_0 )> <(0_0<) <( ^_^ )>

#2 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

Is there any particular reason why you decided to remove the stock trigger valve? Ball valves are very slow to open.

On another note, hot glue should never be used under pressure. It will tear itself apart, and probably take something with it. At the very least, I suggest that you use epoxy.

Also, could you provide some more information on the blaster itself? It appears to be a water gun of some sort, which would explain the large tank, small pump, cap, and the large number of pumps required to build pressure in the tank.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#3 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:43 AM

Is there any particular reason why you decided to remove the stock trigger valve? Ball valves are very slow to open.

On another note, hot glue should never be used under pressure. It will tear itself apart, and probably take something with it. At the very least, I suggest that you use epoxy.

Also, could you provide some more information on the blaster itself? It appears to be a water gun of some sort, which would explain the large tank, small pump, cap, and the large number of pumps required to build pressure in the tank.

I owned one of these, recently threw it out. It was part of a set that had a water blaster and a glove+handle. The water tank came out, and was replaced by a bottle of silly string that looked like web. It strapped onto your arm, and you pulled the stock trigger down with a spiderman like grip. Was awsome to run around and shoot web like a hero.

The straps it comes with stopped fitting around my arm when I was 6.

Edited by jaybo1996, 10 July 2011 - 01:46 AM.

01:15 N9> The problem with nerfers: We're around plastic. Plastic contains estrogenic compounds, so we're more feminine than the rest of the world.

WTF, are you in Tony Stark's basement!?'

#4 SK8R

SK8R

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for the advice. Would plumbers goop work? Ya like jaybo said, it was a water gun that you could strap to your wrist. I took off the front nozzle and it wouldn't hold air anymore for some reason, so I just slapped on a ball valve.
KIRBY DANCE! <(0_0<) <( 0_0 )> (>0_0)> <( 0_0 )> <(0_0<) <( 0_0 )> (>0_0)> <( 0_0 )> <(0_0<) <( ^_^ )>

#5 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for the advice. Would plumbers goop work? Ya like jaybo said, it was a water gun that you could strap to your wrist. I took off the front nozzle and it wouldn't hold air anymore for some reason, so I just slapped on a ball valve.

Plumbers goop should work, but expoy is better. If you choose to use goop, I would apply more than you think is needed.

Is the pump plugged?
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users