Photo

Dart Tag Speed Load 6 (SL6) review

2 replies to this topic

#1 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

So, I was gonna get an SL6 and mod it and post up a writeup. But I didn't get that far. That's because the SL6 sucks. Here is a quick list of the pros and cons of the SL6.

Pros:
-The shell is sturdy and looks cool. It is also cavernously large inside when you gut it out.
-Comes with some stock darts that also work in other nerf blasters.
-It can slam fire. Kinda. (see below)
-ummm.... that's all.

Cons:
-Jamming. So much jamming. I have heard of people having problems with the Quick 16, but nothing like this. The darts jam in the breech, they jam in the feeder, they jam in the clip. They can also jam in the jam door mechanism, and once my brother actually managed to jam it so bad the dart head wound up in the rear boltsled area, and the gun had to be disassembled to remove the head. Any clip jams also required long pliers or tweezers to unjam, and nearly all jams resulted in total destruction of the jammed dart. Streamlines may suck, but they don't seem to come apart as easily as these taggers do.

-Way too many moving parts. I think this helps to contribute to the jamming. This thing has easily twice the number of moving parts of any other clip gun I have opened.

-Very low modding potential. I thought the raider was bad, this thing is worse. The spring rests look very flimsy, and the reverse-plunger setup takes advantage of the length of the blaster seemingly to provide as much useless deadspace as possible. A simple spring stretch just to see what would happen revealed that the mechanism tends to "bounce" if you push it too hard/fast, resulting in, you guessed it, even more jamming.

Conclusion:
If you already have an SL6- then that's great, you own a really nice Nerf-branded shell. Stay tuned to the homemades board hear what I do with my SL6 shell. If you don't have one, don't bother buying one new, they'll start showing up at local Goodwill stores soon. With darts smashed into every crevice of the mechanism.

EDIT: and I forgot to mention, but you will have an extremely hard time getting this thing to work right with stefans/slugs, since the clip itself won't hold them correctly without some extreme modifications, and since the feeder mechanism will also not work right with them.

Edited by arfink, 30 June 2011 - 11:57 AM.

A2GS + 4 meg RAM + 128 meg CF + 9600 Baud Lantronix = WIN

#2 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

So..

Would you say it is better or worse than the fastblast?
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#3 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

Never used a fastblast, so I can't say.
A2GS + 4 meg RAM + 128 meg CF + 9600 Baud Lantronix = WIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users