The guys running this war are not NH members. In addition to RSVP'ing here, please do the same at the Facebook event: http://www.facebook....23008168&ref=ts
IN A NUTSHELL: An intense indoor war in the sprawling Art/Soc building at UMD. Venue features 4+ stories of narrow corridors, wide halls, doors to barricade, a working freight elevator, ambush-ready stairs, and enough chest-high walls to get Marcus Fenix hard.
DATE AND TIME: Sunday, July 10, 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM.
LOCATION: University of Maryland Art-Sociology (Art/Soc) Building. GPS [38.985250, -76.947588]. Travel north on Adelphi and take a right onto Campus Drive. Free parking available.
- 50+ UMD students
- bpso (mebbe)
- DX (mebbe)
- 2-Team 3:15
- 4-Man-Team 3:15
- Flash HvZ
- VIP and Double VIP
- At least one blaster (READ THE RULES FIRST!)
- Streamlines, Slugs, or missiles. Leave the slingshot darts at home.
- A BuzzBee sword or soft boffer for melee
- Lunch and dinner. Restaurants on campus are far from the building.
- Eye protection. If you're thinking sunglasses, remember this is an indoor war.
- Flagging tape and/or bandanna if you have them
- Blasters MUST be eye-rapingly colored or have an orange tip. This is strictly enforced srs bsns.
- Sign the waiver when you get there. Again, srs bsns.
- Barrel tapping is not permitted.
- Melee may not be used on staircases.
- Non-padded darts are not permitted. Gumdrop darts will be tested on site if you have them.
- Koosh balls and balled-up CLEAN socks are legal projectiles.
- Trash cans, doors, and other objects may not be moved without express permission from the organizers!
- Participate in dart sweeps! Return darts to the pit in the atrium.
- Do not enter classrooms or offices. These are off-limits to all players at all times.
- Flashlights are allowed, but don't shine them in people's eyes.
- Range limit is 100ft. If you feel you're being hit too hard, tell a moderator.
- Anything over 65ft is overkill.
- High-ROF blasters and blowguns are highly recommended - you'll clean house with an AR-removed Recon.
- Melee weapons and sheaths are HIGHLY recommended, especially for HvZ.
- The majority of darts are salvaged. If you mark yours, you'll get many of them back.
- Fists, feet, elbows, knees, or any other part of your body used as a means of attack
- Unpadded swords
- Paintball blasters and airsoft blasters
- Bayonets (any kind of foam melee taped to a blaster)
- Foam swords fixed to one's arm or body (for example, no Wolverine claws)
- Armor and shields of any kind
- Darts designed or modified to inflict pain (complaints will be investigated)
- The Nerf Big Bad Titan, and unmodified Nerf swords, such as the Nerf N-Strike Sword, the Nerf Axe, or the Nerf Longsword.
- Unwashed socks (we're serious)
- Any blaster without a bright orange tip
- Dark or metallic painted blasters
- Artificial propulsion - Skateboards, heelys, horses, jetpacks, etc.
Edited by Zack the Mack, 05 July 2011 - 10:59 AM.