DCNF

DC Nerf Fest (BAFF Style DC Wars)

55 replies to this topic

#1 sharvil06

sharvil06

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

Hello, as we were discussing in the OMWF thread and the IRC about a monthly war in the DC area, I have decided to create DCNF! DCNF will be a monthly war in the DC/DMV area. We are going to try to start it in July.

Date:
25th of June

-Beall Elementary, Rockville, MD, I will go have a look at the place before the war.

Time:
-10 AM til whenever we feel like ending

Rules:
-No JOBARs, No Cobras, no singled Titans, no singled SM5Ks, no singled plugged-pump airguns designed to shoot anything larger than a Mega dart. (If you are unsure about whether your blaster fits this description, bring a back-up just in case.)
-No exposed metal barrels
-No blasters painted flat black
-No dressing up in camouflage
-Bring a pistol or two. We will be having pistol-based rounds.
-Bring some other weird crazy fun blasters. Ball guns, proprietary missiles/arrows, whatever.
-Eye protection is manditory, I dont care how old you are
-Other blasters will be handled on a case-by-case basis

Dart Restrictions:
-None at this time

Darts:
-If you guys want, we can make a "Shared Dart Bin" where we all can bring 25-100 darts to the war to put into the dart bin and the rest are yours to keep so we dont have to worry about not having enough darts. Also we could put extra dart sweep darts into the dart bin for the next war.
-Another idea is that for every 5th war everyone has to bring in 100-200 darts for the dart bin so we can keep darts in stock for loaner darts.

Shields:
-Manta Rays and Laser Fang wings only.

Melee:
-Melee hits count as barrel "taps". If your melee weapon gets shot it counts as a blaster hit.

Lunch:
-Pack one. There are places to eat within driving distance, not really walking distance.

Match Types:
-Deathmatch (3-15, 5-20, etc.)
-Not Deathmatch (will figure out what once I get a better idea of who will be attending)
-CTF?
-Whatever else we want to play

Host-
I will be hosting it for now but if I am still in Canada at the time of the war, anyone else can feel free to host this.

If we have less then 3 people attending a war, we can reschedule it or cancel it if needed.

(Once we decide a date and everything else)

Definite
--------
Sharvil
Chaos
Phree
Landsticker

Maybe
-----

Who's ready for DC Nerf Fest?

Edited by sharvil06, 12 June 2011 - 10:23 AM.

#2 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

I'm a definite for now. I'll have to wait for the date, though.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

#3 landstricker

landstricker

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

I'll most likely be making them, but I will know for sure once we have the certain dates.

#4 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

I am on board, but I don't know how regular my attendance will be. Good work on starting this up though.

#5 NerfNoob10

NerfNoob10

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:12 PM

Hi, I'm new to nerf, but I would love to start going to wars, would you mind if a noob comes?

#6 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hi, I'm new to nerf, but I would love to start going to wars, would you mind if a noob comes?

No problem! It doesn't matter if you've only been here a few days, or a few years- The more the merrier!

#7 sharvil06

sharvil06

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

What works better for everyone, the 16th or 23rd? I might be in Canada up to the 16 or maybe even the whole month so I might have to have someone else host it. Would Getty work for everyone? Anyone willing to host it if I'm in Canada?

#8 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Both dates should work for me. Getty works as well.
Also, for the dart/blaster, restricions, I think we should do it this way:
Any blaster is fine, as long as it doesn't shoot over "X" feetwith a slingshot dome dart. All darts are fine.

#9 sharvil06

sharvil06

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

Both dates should work for me. Getty works as well.
Also, for the dart/blaster, restricions, I think we should do it this way:
Any blaster is fine, as long as it doesn't shoot over "X" feetwith a slingshot dome dart. All darts are fine.

Nah, I dont like to blanket-ban guns, but I will add/change it if I see anything that is unsafe.

#10 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Nah, I dont like to blanket-ban guns, but I will add/change it if I see anything that is unsafe.

Ok. I still t hink that we should do some dart restrictions, even if the physics of it is against it.

#11 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

23rd is best for me. I don't have a confirmed ride yet.

#12 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

Any date works for me, just let me know so I can take off work and get the arrangements made.

#13 sharvil06

sharvil06

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

Ok so for now, I will be keeping the date as the 23rd, which gives me a better chance of attending. I will be e-mailing Beall elementary to ask permission if we could you their postable area for the war. These are some pics of the area-

Posted Image

If we do have a war at beall, this is how its going to work-

Posted Image

LOOK AT POST BELOW

Edited by sharvil06, 06 June 2011 - 04:58 PM.

#14 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

Okay, so for now, put me on the maybes list, to get to beall or getty, I have to go through washington d.c traffic, which isn't fun. I'll have a confirmed yes or no soon.

#15 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

23rd sounds good. If you want, Sharvil, I can email Beall (if you don't have time). Put me down as a definite for either location.

#16 sharvil06

sharvil06

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

Sorry for the late reply but while I was on the IRC, Langley asked why I was asking for permission to use beall's school grounds and it turned out that the people who hosted DCNO never asked for permission and they had no problems. So if we do want to have a war there, we have to clean up all of our mess and we need to collect as many darts as we can find. So how about we go nerf at Beall? So how does the 23rd at Beall sound? Use the above pictures to see what the setup is. This is turning out pretty good. I hope we can get atleast 10 people on the definite list!

#17 landstricker

landstricker

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

Put me down as a definite for now. I will probably come at around 12:00.

#18 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:15 PM

Sorry for the late reply but while I was on the IRC, Langley asked why I was asking for permission to use beall's school grounds and it turned out that the people who hosted DCNO never asked for permission and they had no problems. So if we do want to have a war there, we have to clean up all of our mess and we need to collect as many darts as we can find. So how about we go nerf at Beall? So how does the 23rd at Beall sound? Use the above pictures to see what the setup is. This is turning out pretty good. I hope we can get atleast 10 people on the definite list!

Lolz, that's exactly what I thought! It's a public Montgomery County (my county :D) school, so the grounds should be considered public.

23rd @ Beall sounds great.

#19 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:31 AM

Yessss! I will start making arrangements to be off work. Put me down as a strong maybe as of now :D

#20 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Isn't the 23rd the same weekend as U of Maryland's Dart of War?
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#21 Aftershock 81

Aftershock 81

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

As things stand with my work schedule, either date looks good for me, although I might be a little late for the 23rd. Unfortunately, my work schedule can change at the drop of a hat, so put me down as a maybe until we get closer.

#22 Nate45

Nate45

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

Can't do it the 23rd that is when I get back from my trip.

#23 sharvil06

sharvil06

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

Isn't the 23rd the same weekend as U of Maryland's Dart of War?

Oh I didn't know that. Could you check to see if it is in the same weekend? If you guys want, I can postpone it to August 23rd. If you still want to keep it to the 23rd, I'll still go/ host.

#24 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

That later? If it was the same weekend, couldn't we do it the next week?

#25 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

That later? If it was the same weekend, couldn't we do it the next week?

Or the week before in June...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users