Effeminate 2.3

Le'ts get it on

59 replies to this topic

#51 Wickbuddy

Wickbuddy

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

sorry I missed this one. I really want to make it to 2.4. I can any date except the 19th-21st. I'll be in orlando. I might be in orlando for dtwc. I find out in monday.
Check me out on Youtube

#52 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

I have an idea for what could be an easier-to-transport mobstacle.

I feel like the kind of circumvents the problem, though. The point is that people shouldn't be moving them. I definitely agree that they should be more stable, but I would actually argue that the harder to move once installed the better.

Why don't we just use slug's original mobstacle design? Cheap, stable, and the triangular shape makes moving them to use as an illegal riot shield hard and impractical.

#53 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

Oh, the two are orthogonal to one another.

We're not going to allow moving mobstacles. I don't want to make the tech handle what should be a rules situation.

This is a proposal to make them more stable, and more portable (shorter pipes).
Fugly is a feature.

#54 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

I like the idea of making the mobstackles three dimensional. I will work on that over the winter. Right now all I'm going to do is fix them up and buy those tent stakes and put them in the bottoms so they stay in the ground. Thanks for your input on the mobstackles guy's.

Let's talk about dates for the next one. I'm thinking that this is going to be the last one. With school coming back next month it makes things really difficult for people.
How does August 27 sound for everyone?

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#55 tuna the fish

tuna the fish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

That sounds great to me.

#56 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

I'm out. Friend's marriage. He's a fandom sort, so I'll be wearing a FMA State Alchemist Cosplay getup. Weekends before that are also booked, so I'm basically out-of-commission for month of August.

For 3-D mobstacles, you can just do tetrahedrons. Take 6 sticks of PVC with holes drilled in the ends. Run zip-ties through three of them to form an apex, then make triangles so you from a d4. Toss the Tarp over one side, then cinch it down with a rope through the grommet holes.

Stupidly cheap this way. Only potential issue is that you have uncapped PVC. Should be safe - we're not cutting it at an angle or anything, but it bears mentioning. I figure 5' on a side d4's are big enough. Home Depot has 10' of conduit (which is UV-resistant) for $1.25, at least their online site, so $7.50 and some zip ties will give you a 3-d frame.

Mind you, that's 5' long sticks of PVC. I won't be able to carry any, which was my goal with the "St. Andrew's cross" mobstacles I was discussion before.

==

Edit: http://www.wholesale...llbluetarp.aspx has a 6' x 10' tarp for $3. I don't know about shipping, but this brings a mobstacle that should have cover on two of the three sides for $11.

Just did some quick math. If we use 5' poles, the D4 will be appx 3.75' tall.

Edited by taerKitty, 02 August 2011 - 07:49 PM.

Fugly is a feature.

#57 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

The 27th is clear for me so far. I'll also be more inclined to go because hopefully by then my parents will let me drive to Redmond alone, and I am working on a JPSB gun as a new primary. I need to make one more of these this year!

#58 Wickbuddy

Wickbuddy

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

I don't think the 27th is labor day weekend. And I'll be back from Orlando!!! (I was drafted) But I'm good for the 27th, hopefully my friends won't bail on coming with me this time.
Check me out on Youtube

#59 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

From the looks of things the war is going to be on the 27 of August. I'll post up a new topic tonight or tomorrow.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#60 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

Darth and I have been talking about those tetra-mobstacles on IRC. I bought a dozen ABS stakes, 100 zip ties and some poly ropes. I have some hand-me-down tarps that are probably too big, but they were free.

All we need are some PVC pipes. I'm that 3/4" PVC would be stiffer. Would it be possible for you to bring some with 1/4" holes drilled across them about 1" from the ends?
Fugly is a feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users