Payload Game Type

Yes, its based TF2

10 replies to this topic

#1 MultiNerfMods

MultiNerfMods

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

Okay so I had a gathering of friend's and we decided to have a nerf war. My yard is pretty large and it has a dirt path through it. We also had a garden wagon and a 80 pound bag of cement. We put the bag into the cart, and designated one team as the 'blue' team (they are the ones trying to get the cart to the other teams base) and the red team, who is trying to stop them. We set a timer for 10 minutes and played.
It turned out to be a lot of fun, we played a couple of rounds and they lasted quite a while.
Pros: Fun, Last's for a while (if the teams are even),
Cons:If you don't have the props required, its probably not worth it to go buy them, Possible chance of injury?
Questions, Comments, Flames? --MNM

Edited by MultiNerfMods, 23 November 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

That sounds pretty cool actually, how did you do re-spawning and hits though?

#3 chavez guy

chavez guy

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

At first I thought this sounded pretty stupid. But I thought about it more, and it seems pretty damn cool. It sounds like (terrain providing) this could be played with outdoor century mark-hitting blasters, or with HvZ close range type ones (think N-strike) provided everyone has similar armaments. And as long as everyone knows to pull with their legs, not their back, injury sounds just as feasible as with any other nerf war.
Hablamos EspaƱol

#4 DeathTrap2468

DeathTrap2468

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

This sounds like an amazing idea. I can think of sooo many ways to amp it up, too.
Life sucks, get used to it.

#5 MultiNerfMods

MultiNerfMods

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

That sounds pretty cool actually, how did you do re-spawning and hits though?

We had you get hit once you go back to your base and touch it then your back in. I've been trying to think of a better system but haven't thought of anything so far. I'm open to anyone's suggestions for this.
And thanks for the compliments/opinion's, this was my first topic so I was admittedly kind of nervous. -- MNM

Edited by MultiNerfMods, 23 November 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#6 spencerak

spencerak

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:10 AM

This game type sounds fun and I would love to try it, maybe at the next war we have at my church, they have a cart thing and we can put stuff on it to make it heavy. Also, did you get the idea from TF2? In TF2 payload is my favorite gametype.

Holy shit it's Captain Slug.

#7 MultiNerfMods

MultiNerfMods

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

This game type sounds fun and I would love to try it, maybe at the next war we have at my church, they have a cart thing and we can put stuff on it to make it heavy. Also, did you get the idea from TF2? In TF2 payload is my favorite gametype.

Yes, I gave them credit in the sub-title.

#8 Swatsonia

Swatsonia

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

In Australia, we've had a working gametype which replicates TF2 (including Payload) for some time now. While it is rather LARP-ish, compared to standard rounds, having a class system creates a team based element of gameplay, rather than "This team has to tag all of the other team".

I can give you guys a link if you want, PM me for details.

#9 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

I'd like to see someone work out a really high quality round of this, then video record it from multiple angles and throw together an edited version complete with TF2 background music, heh, it'd be way cool if someone wanted to do that.

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#10 MultiNerfMods

MultiNerfMods

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:50 AM

I'd like to see someone work out a really high quality round of this, then video record it from multiple angles and throw together an edited version complete with TF2 background music, heh, it'd be way cool if someone wanted to do that.

Next time I have some friends over I might be able to do that...

#11 cmeej

cmeej

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

Substitute wheelbarrow for Tractor with Trailer...

Now we're talking, I have the acreage to do it too :D
Qualified Ginger
Deal affectionado and photo nazi.
"If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it" -Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users