Photo

Help With Nite Finder

6 replies to this topic

#1 gnakk

gnakk

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:36 PM

i modded my nf with a crayola and a glue tube and it gets about 60 ft. i also took out the air restrictors and drilled a hole in the plunger cap. ive heard people of getting well over 70 with a "properly" modded nf. how do you "properly" mod a nf? is 60 ft good for a modded nf? im a beginner. this was my first gun and mod

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:59 PM

Yes, sixty is quite good for a first-time mod on a nitefinder. I used a 4 inch 9/16 brass barrel on mine, and drilled out a hole in the plunger cap, and get around 70-80 with bands.

~ompa

#3 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:02 PM

Not trying to flame you or anything, but some one will....

1) Look around the site before you sign up. This help’s a lot so you don’t make stupid posts.

2)Don’t post in red…it annoying.

3)Check around the mod section, I have seen about 10 mods for n.f’s now

4)Look in c.x mod section, there is a good mod there.

otherwise... that looks like a really good mod!

Edited by blink_182, 05 May 2004 - 09:08 PM.

New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 02:51 PM

before you do anything more, just try and put a nice helping of bands on it. I feel thats where most guns get the "power" from.

#5 Steveoxxx

Steveoxxx

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:22 PM

I am getting really frustrated with my nf too, i had it shooting about 70ft, then one day i shot it and the dart never came out of the barrel, i have tried to fix it like 6 times but it still wont work, so i guess i feel your pain.

#6 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:03 PM

try re-lubeing the plunger tube, and also, thry taking apart the gun, and reinserting the plunger to make sure the gasget isn't coming off. (if it is, use a needle to push it back into place as you push the plunger in, that ought to do it steveo.
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#7 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:26 PM

Your mod is probably good, because mine goes 60-70 feet with stock darts, and no bands. You may want to hotglue or epoxy areas between the tubing and the plunger that will prevent good airflow. A good spot to check is the plunger stopper, where there are those three things that aren't connected to the tube. Plug that up, so that the only way the air can go is through the hole you drilled.
-AirApache
Indiana '11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users