Classic Marshmallow Blaster Writeup

Post-mod

1 reply to this topic

#1 idleninja

idleninja

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

Hello Nerfhaven, this is my first writeup so please go easy on me.

This writeup will show you how to make your classic marshmallow shooter Nerf compatible. SPV999 here on NerfHaven already posted a writeup http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=17344 . Please refer to his thread if you need an explanation on how this blaster works. I saw his writeup, but it didn't keep the vacuum loading of darts, which is the coolest part of the gun. This writeup will let you keep the vacuum loading.

I would not recommend buying this for any serious nerfing.

All pictures are post-mod but it should be pretty easy to follow.

Materials:
1x Classic Shooterhttp://www.marshmall...cchk=1&Itemid=1
- Hot Glue Gun
- 1/2" Drill bit. It has the width of a nerf streamline.
- Electrical Tape
- Barrel material

Here is the gun stock. (Minus the RSCB)
Posted Image

First, take these two pieces out of the gun.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Take the back piece and widen the hole so stefans and streamlines can fit through. You are now done with this piece.
Posted Image

The front piece, this is the tricky part.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This flap opens and closes, which makes the vacuum loading of darts possible. You have to widen the hole without breaking this flap. Drill from the front while holding the piece "upside-down" so the flap stays open.

You now have to seal these holes so air will flow out the barrel and not out these holes. The holes are only at the top of the barrel piece. I just took some thin pieces of FBR, wrapped them around the holes, and hot glued over them. Make sure to not let any glue into the holes, which will block the door from opening and closing fully.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wrap this in E-tape for a better seal.

You can now add a barrel, I used about 3 inches of 1/2" CPVC in a CPVC coupler. I took a streamline and put it through the front piece to center the barrel while I glued it on.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ranges: This is a pump gun, like the Reactor, so ranges will vary. Streamlines work better than stefans in this gun.

1 streamline I shot went around 80', which was awesome, but it mostly shotguns 2 at a time around 40 feet. My HomeDepot stefans go about 15 feet, with 3-4 being shot at a time. This gun works much better indoors and its not very accurate, but its lots of fun.

Questions, Comments, Flames?
Sig?

#2 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:14 AM

Very cool. I'm working on using this plunger system to make a pumpbow type gun. Very impressive mod.
Please, call me Busted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users