DDTB - Double Dart Tag Blaster

Ordinator

11 replies to this topic

#1 ScoutsIX3

ScoutsIX3

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

Hey everyone! For my first post, I would like to show you pictures of my Double Dart Tag Blaster. I got the idea for this after I got an eBay lot of guns for Christmas that contained a bunch of DTB's. I was thinking about possible combinations and had the thought of combining two DTB's. So without further ado, I present my Double Dart Tag Blaster - The Ordinator!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I am currently attempting to finish the writeup, but school has so far stolen almost all of my free time.

Questions?
Comments?

Edited by ScoutsIX3, 27 May 2011 - 07:01 PM.

#2 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

Love your face censoring. other than that, awesome job on this.are the triggers connencted or can you still fire one at a time?
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#3 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Awesome sauce. I like your idea for the connected priming bar-looks really comfy!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

Why would you take pictures that prominently show your face only to blur it out? Good idea to start with, you integrated pretty clean. Reminds me a of a manta ray, you could probably put some sort of shield thing on one side.

#5 proplus

proplus

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

Very cool,
you should do a draw extension
for more range. :)
"the peinus itself is a handle"

- Kane the medeocre

#6 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

That looks extremely fun. Practical? Maybe not. But fun? Hell yes.

#7 TheOne

TheOne

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

Why would you take pictures that prominently show your face only to blur it out? Good idea to start with, you integrated pretty clean. Reminds me a of a manta ray, you could probably put some sort of shield thing on one side.

He did that so that you could see how it looks when you wield it different ways.

#8 ScoutsIX3

ScoutsIX3

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

Thanks for the comments and keep them coming! I can't answer anyone right now (I'm in school, and not supposed to use forums), but I will this afternoon.

EDIT: Here are the answers.

Love your face censoring. other than that, awesome job on this.are the triggers connencted or can you still fire one at a time?

Thanks! The triggers are connected.

Awesome sauce. I like your idea for the connected priming bar-looks really comfy!

Thanks!

Very cool,
you should do a draw extension
for more range. :)

Thanks. I was planning on a draw extension once school is over.

That looks extremely fun. Practical? Maybe not. But fun? Hell yes.

Right! It's definitely not the most practical blaster, but it's hella fun!

He did that so that you could see how it looks when you wield it different ways.

Right.

Edited by ScoutsIX3, 31 May 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#9 Evano92

Evano92

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

I think it would be more useful with a draw-extended Nitefinder on the bottom,angled at 35 degrees without the linked triggers and stock because dtb's don't shoot very far or accurately, and the stock is just deadweight.

#10 ScoutsIX3

ScoutsIX3

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

I think it would be more useful with a draw-extended Nitefinder on the bottom,angled at 35 degrees without the linked triggers and stock because dtb's don't shoot very far or accurately, and the stock is just deadweight.

I personally loathe the awkward and ugly way that many people attach pistols to DTB's. It almost never looks very clean, and is usually awkward to use, especially when at an angle. I know that they are not accurate or very powerful, but if you read earlier posts I explain that is very fun to use. And I'm not running a marathon or climbing Everest, so I'm not worried about weight from the stock (and it doesn't even add that much).
Thanks for commenting!

#11 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:46 PM

I like the concept, and the blasters are cheap enough to make this worth doing even just for fun or indoor wars. Other than that, I hate to be a buzz kill, but without a write up this thread may fit better in the mods/paintjob pics thread.

...And I would have had to left the triggers unattached to fire independently.

Edited by Phree Agent, 05 June 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#12 ScoutsIX3

ScoutsIX3

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

without a write up this thread may fit better in the mods/paintjob pics thread.

...And I would have had to left the triggers unattached to fire independently.

In the modification/paintjob thread you cannot really comment on and discuss the blaster. Pictures only!
And I connected the triggers because it would be terribly awkward to shift my hand up and down between the two triggers, at least for me. My hands are small, so I cannot pull both at the same time.

Edited by ScoutsIX3, 06 June 2011 - 03:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users