Photo

Supposedly amazing non-nerf foam dart bow?

found these on amazon for not too much USD

6 replies to this topic

#1 spacephrawg

spacephrawg

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

Haven't bought them yet. I wanted to run them by you guys first:

the compound bow

Another brand's bow:
this one might be better

They have few customer reviews compared to better exposed products like the nerf guns. I wanted to run it by you guys and find out what you think of them before dropping any cash on them. The claimed ranges are impressive The arrows couldn't be that hard to make.

They might not be that much use in a humans vs. zombies game unless fired en mass. The LARP potential is spectacular though.

edit: just found a video of one of the bows in action: here you go

Its small but so are cavalry bows.

Soooo, whatcha think?

Edited by spacephrawg, 25 May 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#2 Redted

Redted

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

I own the surefire compound. It doesn't shoot as far as it claims, but pretty far for stock. The only problem is the reload time. A viable way to increase range would be to replace the front elastics (which mostly propel it) with surgical tubing.

#3 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:17 PM

I modded the Surefire bow for a friend of mine awhile back after wrapping the front elastic around the pulleys once and replacing the back elastic with surgical tubing. This got it MUCH better ranges and impressive stopping power.
EDIT: Ranges varied from shot to shot from about 90+ to 150 ft (How that happened I don't know) with about 100 ft being the average. In regards to the stopping power, it knocked me (5'10" 200lb at the time) off my feet when I was struck at about 15 ft.

Edited by Demon Lord, 25 May 2011 - 10:27 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:24 PM

This got it MUCH better ranges and impressive stopping power.

Lol stopping power. Wait, are you this guy?

I got a friend that made a Nerf gun shoot a dart 640 feet.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#5 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

Naw - Demon Lord is cool. Knowing him, he's using the thing for something other than Nerf (I forget which group you hang with Demon Lord - Dagorhir? Or was it one of the others I can't think of right now.) He had a huge stash of boffer-type and similar non-lethal weaponry at the last Chicago war I attended. My guess is that the bow is being used in conjunction with those.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#6 T3K

T3K

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:45 AM

Demon Lord makes large foam forks... sweet melee is you ask me. I forget if we ever used it at the revolution though.

#7 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:52 AM

Actually it was Wicket that made that foam fork, not me. And the modded bow was for NIU Humans Vs Zombies, mostly for range but knocking a zombie to the ground was a nice plus.
As for the melee stuff that was for a group called The Northern Horde.
Nice to know I've got people who've got my back, that I didn't know had my back.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users