broken air compressor tab

broken tab on top of air compressor of maverick

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jortaro

Jortaro

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

I have a very basic Maverick that has been very good to me, but recent stopped firing I didn't know why until I took it apart , and it looks like the air compressor has broken.

The chamber and the plunger is fine however the small plastic tab the is used to arm/cock the chamber has broken off, there is no dame to the integrity of the chamber but it does mean that I cannot cock the gun at all, the metal pin is fine and all but I've tried several methods of fixing the plastic tab back on, but each time after a few shots the tab would break off again.

Superglue gave me the worst result as it only stood the test of one shot.

The fix it putty from JML was slightly better since it stood up to 10 rounds of target practice.

Anyone know of a good fix?

The piece that broke off is still in my possession.

note the image here is not of my broken maverick jst an image i got off this forum to show which model i have

Posted Image

Edited by Jortaro, 25 May 2011 - 05:13 PM.

#2 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

I couldn't see the broken part in your picture, I'm gussing you're referring to the tab on the slide that holds the pin in place? That's the most common break on a mav. Here's two options:

fix with nail That's about what I've done to repair mine when they break - only with a bit of coat hanger instead of a nail.

and:

cocking handle repair with beefy steel bracket.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#3 Jortaro

Jortaro

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

I couldn't see the broken part in your picture, I'm gussing you're referring to the tab on the slide that holds the pin in place? That's the most common break on a mav. Here's two options:

fix with nail That's about what I've done to repair mine when they break - only with a bit of coat hanger instead of a nail.

and:

cocking handle repair with beefy steel bracket.

Thanks for the tip, but the section that is broken is not the bracket that holds the metal pin (thats been fine so faR)

But the orange tab on the compressor that the metal pin uses to pull/push back on to extend/arm the compressor.

And as i stated in first my post the picture is NOT of my broken mav but a stock from this forum to show which gun I'm referring to.

#4 yksnerf

yksnerf

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

Posted Image

If you do, I would say PVC Cement, Solvent weld, Contact cement, JB Weld, Epoxy, or Epoxy putty would repair it adequately. I would recommend sanding the surface first though, to make a stronger bond.

~yksnerf
I'm a regular member!

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:25 AM

I'm sure you could get that part from a member here for dirt cheap. There is no difference I know of between any of the colors of the maverick. I used to have several PT's in a box of maverick guts before I finally threw them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users