I decided not to put this in the mod/paint section just yet because from the outside it looks pretty stock aside from the barrel. A paint job is coming but I decided to post this now because it made me laugh.
You can see from the top pic that it has an extended draw and an internally couplered barrel of 4" of 0.5" CPVC nested inside 3.5" of aluminium. Not a big deal, I know.
...but it's what's on the inside that counts, right?
During one of the film shoots I was on 4 weeks ago, there was a scene in a hospital. The hospital location was actually in our local College. I was surprised that they had such a facility and was even more surprised that it was a fully functional hospital/emergency centre. I'm telling you, they had at least 25 beds with monitors and a full on ER!...
Anyway, as we were wrapping up I stumbled upon a few things kinda 'swept under the rug'. After some kind words, I was allowed to take a few of the said items home.
This is what I did with them.
Upon opening up the DS/Element, it is immediately noticeable that I have replaced the plunger tube.
...haha. That's right. I put a syringe in that bitch!
I made the syringe about 0.5" longer than the stock plunger. It's also about 0.25" wider in diameter. The shell has been dremeled out to accommodate the Syringe.
I chose not to use the whole length of the syringe because I knew I was using the Triple Shot spring and wanted it slightly pre-compressed. I actually wound up using a similar industrial spring as well.
I used a metal rod and epoxy putty to help reinforce the plunger rod.
I also deepened the catch notch so the catch could seat in more securely.
...I know it's kind of hard to see.
I'm getting 80+ feet with Slugs and Angel's Stefan's and only about 70' to 75' with my rubber heads.
Because I can't resist the cheese, it does vacuum load and it is 100% HERMETICALLY sealed! BUWHAAAAA....!!! (...I'd like a red Merlot with that please.)
Next patient, nurse!
***edit - answers to FAQ's -
- The original plunger head for the syringe was too tight to use affectively. ie. It caused too much friction.
- The Disk Shot/Element plunger head is actually a little too small for the syringe. I used extra layers of e-tape and 2 orings of slightly larger guages than the stock o-ring.
- The coupler in the front is a CPVC coupler nested inside a PVC coupler. In hind sight, this was unnecessary. But I had already gooped them together.
- Shell minimization is not planned. I want the surface area to create a more than awesome paintjob.
- This mod would work for a Nitefinder as well.
Edited by makeitgo, 25 May 2011 - 06:32 PM.