Photo

Very simple crossbow modification

7 replies to this topic

#1 teamturbo95

teamturbo95

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

This is a very easy crossbow mod that just about anyone can do. All you need is a stock crossbow, 1 foot of 17/32 brass tubing and some stefans. First you load a dart into the end of the 17/32, and then you push the 17/32 into the crossbow. Then you prime the crossbow and shoot. Since the end of the barrel of the crossbow is thinner than the front of the barrel, it makes a snug fit. The ranges are about 50-60 feet flat and 70 feet angled.

Edited by teamturbo95, 20 May 2011 - 03:16 PM.

#2 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

And if you have a tight enough dart fit, you can shoot a foot of brass at somebody.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

Sounds perfect! I don't know why those other pussies keep wanting to remove the metal from the darts. I say MORE metal!
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 teamturbo95

teamturbo95

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:09 PM

And if you have a tight enough dart fit, you can shoot a foot of brass at somebody.

I don't know if that would work with 17/32 brass but maybe 1/2 brass would work.

Sounds perfect! I don't know why those other pussies keep wanting to remove the metal from the darts. I say MORE metal!

Yes many people have been leaving the metal out of darts lately. My crossbow shoots less then 25 feet with its stock darts and with a 1 foot 17/32 barrel and a stefan weighted with a copper bb it gets ranges over 65 feet.

#5 xet

xet

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

Tell ya what bro, I'm pretty much answering for everybody in my opinion (tell me otherwise if you disagree) but this mod is pretty much a waste. We appreciate newer members at least making an attempt to make a write up but with no pictures and about a paragraph of instructions without explaining anything this is just a waste of space.
Fome:
"What the fuck?
A "borrowed" picture and a theoretical picture drawn in paint? Yeah, great writeup"

#6 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

On a more positive note, yes, this is a simple mod. But there is also the chance of taking a human core sample.

#7 teamturbo95

teamturbo95

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

Tell ya what bro, I'm pretty much answering for everybody in my opinion (tell me otherwise if you disagree) but this mod is pretty much a waste. We appreciate newer members at least making an attempt to make a write up but with no pictures and about a paragraph of instructions without explaining anything this is just a waste of space.

I just wanted to put out an easy and effective mod that anyone could do.

#8 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

I just wanted to put out an easy and effective mod that anyone could do.

Everything about this thread is just awful. Does everyone seriously have to dogpile on every bad thread? We've got noobs flooding in that are going to be active in a few days.

teamturbo: Nice try, but you're about 11 years and some hotglue short of a good mod.

Everyone else: Next time you're all getting a month of minimum. If the thread is already DOA you don't have to put on it's skin and dance around in it.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users