Photo

T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Please refer to the new thread!

75 replies to this topic

#26 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

I would be using slugs but I just can't find any good materials to make them. I'll probably be using modified streamlines any way.
By the way, shandsgator8, you said your slugs only really work in CPVC. How well do they work in PETG?
Also, Red can we get some kind of consensus on the date yet?

They are generally too narrow for PETG. I know PETG can differ in its inner diameter, but I can't say my slugs will work. At best, they'll probably produce an airgun-fit. I've seen my slugs get stuck in PETG because the slugs are too narrow. In case you are wondering, I use McMaster FBR.

Edited by shandsgator8, 01 June 2011 - 08:02 PM.

#27 LTJG Rob

LTJG Rob

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

They are generally are too narrow for PETG. I know PETG can differ in its inner diameter, but I can't say my slugs will work. At best, they'll probably produce an airgun-fit. I've seen my slugs get stuck in PETG because the slugs are too narrow. In case you are wondering, I use McMaster FBR.

That'd be perfect for me since I would be using them in an airgun. Maybe we could talk about how many and for how much on the IRC?

#28 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

That'd be perfect for me since I would be using them in an airgun. Maybe we could talk about how many and for how much on the IRC?

I can't even say they'll produce an airgun fit in PETG, but it's possible they will...I just don't know. I've seen my slugs fail miserably in PETG, but of course, that's just one type of PETG and I believe certain types of PETG can vary in their inner diameter. Once RedShot sets up a date and if we both can make it, then perhaps we'll discuss a possible transaction.

#29 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

Tip for any nerf war at a park with lots of grass: do NOT use stefans made from black foam xD i had over 100 now i'm down to like 3 :P Red's and some others had white foam, which was really easy to see during dart sweeps, i'm going to try and get some white foam as well :D
Thesaz123: Noob Nerf Modder

#30 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

Update on me. I can make the June dates but not July on the account of me being in Miami. If I come I'm bringing a commission thing for ice if he will take it.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#31 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

Ok first of all I want to say sorry for not updating the thread in a few days, that was because I was on the Appalachian Trail for four days and I had no access to a computer.

Ok so I saw a bunch of topics come up in the bunch of comments that I have not read since the trip and the front and foremost is the date.
1. I would like to make it July 9th. I know that is sortof far away but there is good news. I would like to do a 'mod party' on the 18th of June. It would be at my house and I will give out details of my location in a PM, (for reference, my house is in Elizabethtown, PA). I will probably make another thread and soon so be on a watch out for that.

2. The other thing is dart restrictions. As you guys probably already know, I dont really care what darts people use :] as long as there is no exposed metal. I guess I can change that if people REALLY want me to but for now that is as it stands. I think the real issue is here, its at your own risk to wear eye protection. That is what really counts!

3. Super soakers... I dont know if I can/want to put a ban on them. I think that they are subject to testing at the war. If it deems itself 'to powerful' then it would be banned, but at least for now let me know what you had it mind. Tell me guys, your feedback on this thread for what ss blasters should be banned for sure.

If there is anything else then please let me know, I am currently updating the TEPAW 3 thread right now so yeah.

Thanks everybody!
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#32 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

9th sounds great for me :D i'd love to come to the mod party, but sadly i have something going on that evening D:

#33 LTJG Rob

LTJG Rob

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

I'm all in for the ninth. I'm going to try and bring someone with me but I don't know yet.

#34 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

Alright sounds great! Lets get all the people we can get!

Also any and all donations will help for the rental of the pavilion and the mobsicals.

Thanks guys!
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#35 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:25 PM

LTJG Rob,

If you're still interested in my slugs, let me know your e-mail address and we can discuss things that way.

#36 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:00 PM

I will have to adjust my plans to make this war. I guess it will mean no Vermont and working during the summer. If anyone coming from New York or New Jersey wants to give me a ride that would be nice. Redshot put me on the list as a not sure please. Anyone that can give me a ride post on my wall please.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#37 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

RedShot,

If we want to sell a few things, can we post them in this thread?

#38 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

Yes sir, absolutely please do! You guys can post your wtb/wtt/wts's here and I can update the main post if needed. :]
[RedShot]

#39 NerfNoob10

NerfNoob10

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

Hey I am fairly new to nerf, and have never been to an actual war. I have been interested in going to one for some time, and this looks like the only one that is some what close to me (about 2 hours away) So is it open to everyone, or would it be kinda awkward if I showed up not really knowing what to do? Also my current primary is a BBBB with a hopper clip, and the only darts I know how to make are 1.5 inches with 1/4 inch steal sling shot weights and a hot glue dome, will this be allowed? Again I am fairly new to nerf so I haven't ever really tired to make another kind, but I guess I could try. If I am allowed to come put me as a maybe for now, but I will most likely be able to make this. Thanks.

#40 LTJG Rob

LTJG Rob

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

Hey I am fairly new to nerf, and have never been to an actual war. I have been interested in going to one for some time, and this looks like the only one that is some what close to me (about 2 hours away) So is it open to everyone, or would it be kinda awkward if I showed up not really knowing what to do?

You should come. In fact, you need to come. TEPAW 1 earlier this year was my first war. It was great. You'll know what to do, I promise.

#41 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

[quote name='NerfNoob10' timestamp='1307318697' post='299363']
...my current primary is a BBBB with a hopper clip, and the only darts I know how to make are 1.5 inches with 1/4 inch steal sling shot weights and a hot glue dome...

-_-
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#42 LT DAN ICE CREAM

LT DAN ICE CREAM

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

Most definitely a maybe for now.

And for safetys sake, learn to make slug darts. If you can operate a hot glue gun, you can make a slug dart.

Edited by LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!, 06 June 2011 - 06:50 AM.

#43 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

If you're trying to decide whether to come or not, COME! TEPAW 2 was my first war :D i had a great time! Red and his dad hosted a great war

Haha, last time though, i used a stock Break Barrel as my primary, that failed a lot xD Red was kind enough to let me use some of his guns (even his BBBB :o) so don't worry if you don't have a good gun! This time, i'm prepared, and i have a singled longshot getting 70+ and my AT3K soon to get an RSCB ;)

Edited by thesaz123, 06 June 2011 - 09:04 AM.

#44 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

I will add: RedShot hosts a great war at an excellent location. :)

#45 TheSilentRebel

TheSilentRebel

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

-_-

My thoughts exactly, ice.
Anyways, I'll be at the mod party as well, and I'll try to stay the whole time.
We are men of action, lies do not become us.

#46 NerfNoob10

NerfNoob10

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

Ok, so I guess I will need to make slug darts. I probably should learn at some point any ways. So I know this isn't exactly the best place to post this, but I thought maybe it would be ok. Do any of you have some tips for making the tops for slugs that isn't estreamly time consuming? I was thinking about just cutting a tinny bit of the foam from the blank and putting it back on top over the washer. Will this work?

#47 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

Ok, so I guess I will need to make slug darts. I probably should learn at some point any ways. So I know this isn't exactly the best place to post this, but I thought maybe it would be ok. Do any of you have some tips for making the tops for slugs that isn't estreamly time consuming? I was thinking about just cutting a tinny bit of the foam from the blank and putting it back on top over the washer. Will this work?

Well for my war, I dont have a dart restriction, but many places do so it is a good thing to learn. I would suggest the felt pads from McMaster (dont have the product number off the top of my head) and #8 washers.
[RedShot]

#48 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

I am looking to sell a few things:

1. NIB (unopened) Clear Recon [$15]
2. Stock orange Furyfire; used but in great shape [$10]
3. New Raider stock (blue) [$5]
4. NIP Streamline darts (I have 2 packages, a 36 and 45 dart pack) [$7 for the 36 pack and $9 for the 45 pack]
5. Unassembled, but complete Rattler (doesn't work properly when assembled) [$8]
6. 8 x almost new 6 dart box magazines [$3 each, but quantity discounts are possible]
7. Stock blue Nightfinder (original) [$20]
8. 2 x used, but good condition, AT2Ks [$45] for both or [$25] each

I am looking to buy: BBBB and BBUMB pump handles (stock); I want their OPRVs.

If some attendees need some darts, I also have #8 slugs that I can sell, but they are really only designed to work with CPVC (see prior posts in this thread for a brief discussion). Also, these prices are negotiable on the day of the war. Until them, the prices are firm.

Edited by shandsgator8, 08 July 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#49 shepard

shepard

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

I might be able to make it.
LEGALIZE IT!!!!!

#50 NerfNoob10

NerfNoob10

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:31 PM

Go ahead and move me to confirmed, I'm going to try to bring a friend, but it will most likely just be me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users