But the Cake was a Lie

5 replies to this topic

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:56 AM

I was able to get the Portal (main page) more or less back the way it was before the upgrade. I have also added a new skin which is available to logged-in members via the drop-down menu in the bottom left of the page. It's a badly ported update of the skin we used before the upgrade. A really badly ported update. It does some glitchy things with the UI, so I wouldn't use it unless the new white theme has sent you scurrying back into your burrow, clutching at your primitive mole-person eyes.

Finally, if you were wondering why the site was down last night, you should be following me on twitter at http://twitter.com/nerfhaven where I will post announcements and information about forum downtime.

- Langley
Vice President of IT Services
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:18 AM

...you should be following me on twitter at http://twitter.com/nerfhaven where I will post announcements and information about forum downtime.

We'll also keep you up to date on my bowel movements and anything that we find even mildly interesting!

Sneak preview of our latest tweet: "@baROCKEDYoMAMA MY DOG JUST YAWNED AND IT SOUNDED LIKE SHE'S TALKING!"

#3 Warthawk

Warthawk

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

Now that we can follow you on Twiiter, you guys should make a Facebook page for NH. I actually searched for you guys when I got my FB. Looks like you haven't yet.

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

I only set up a twitter account so that people would stop bothering me on IRC (a 30+ year old technology) when I'm working on the site, and Vacc isn't even on Facebook. At this point, you're lucky that we don't operate this forum via ham radio and smoke signals.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#5 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

If you want to go RFC1149, I'll supply the birdseed.

Back on topic, thanks for herding the cats.

Meow.

(And, IRC is only 22 years old. :) )
Fugly is a feature.

#6 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

Vacc isn't even on Facebook.

I'm afraid of buttons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic