Registration will be open for NerfHaven on a trial basis for the next 72 hours. Instead of being manually validated by an administrator as in the past, new members will be added to a Waiting list group. After a few days, each member will be automatically promoted to the Fucking New Guy (FNG) group, which is allowed to post with certain limitations. Finally, after a few weeks, the FNGs will become regular members.
To help prevent forum spam and advertisement bots, I have implemented a few new features including an improved captcha system and a spam filter similar to what you probably already have in your e-mail client. I have also added a reporting system to allow members to report spammers that have made it through the defenses. You may have already noticed the report button that has appeared in the bottom left of each post. This will allow you to quietly bring spammers and trolls to the attention of the administrators.
During this trial run, I expect new and current members to observe the following rules. For anyone who fails, I will be gleefully handing out suspensions like they are candy.
- DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS. If a new member is obviously a spammer or a troll (ie intentional harassment, not well-intentioned ignorance of the rules) do not reply to them. You are only perpetuating their bullshit. Use the report system, that is what it is there for.
- DO NOT ABUSE THE REPORT SYSTEM. If you file a report for anything other than spamming and trolling, you may be suspended.
- DO NOT BACK SEAT MODERATE. There will be new members. Some of them will not know what the fuck. Be reasonable. Pointing someone in the right direction is fine if you're not the third or fourth person to do it in the same thread. Acting like an authority figure and posting YOU'SE GONNA GET BANNED LOLZ will get you suspended.
- READ THE CODE OF CONDUCT. Some of us take a perverse pleasure in removing members from our boards. Try not to give us an excuse.
- SEARCH BEFORE YOU ASK. Our built-in search function (top right of every page) and google are the best way to find your answers. Also check the stickied topics in the relevant subforums before you post a new thread asking a question. We've got almost a decade of posts here, so we've probably already got the answer you were looking for.
- LURK MORE. Read, read, read, read, read. By the time you make your first post, you should have a pretty good idea of whether or not we're going to bust your balls about it.
- DON'T SASS THE ADMINS. This forum is not a democracy. It is a totalitarian dictatorship. If someone wants to ban you because they don't like the way your avatar looks, that's just how it is. If you don't like it, there are other nerf websites.
If you can handle all that, feel free to Register Here
Edit: I don't know why *@gmail.com was banned, but that has been fixed. Sorry GMail users. Try again now.