Choppered L.O.N.G.S.H.O.T.

Bored and haven't posted this yet.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Irish8

Irish8

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:05 AM

Truthfully I should be writing my college essay and currently I'm suffereing from ADOS. So with no further ado and in the tradition of Kids Next Door I give you the Choppered L.O.N.G.S.H.O.T.

Legitimately
Overlarge
Nerf
Gun
Shoots
Horribly
Obnoxious
Targets

(If you have a better acronym I'm open to suggestions.)
Posted Image

And here's a better shot of the priming handle.
Posted Image

I moved the handle forward so that it would be more comfortable to prime. Having the handle branch directly off the T felt awkward and made my arm cramp up after just a few shots. The chopper holds eight 1.5" stefans and feeds to an 11" barrel. Also the original spring is now in my trusty Quadshot so it has been replaced by two intertwined BBB springs and a Raider spring (because it was sitting around being lazy so I put it to work). When it still took n-strike mags I was actually getting around 110' (when it didn't decide to jam) but I have not done an offical range test with the chopper and I don't really plan to because it goes plenty far for me (and I think I'm past my phase of "range one-up manship"). Well, THAT OUGHTTA TEACH IT TO BREAK ON ME THE NIGHT BEFORE 'GEDDON!!!

Opinions, suggestions, anything I could have done better?
I'm going to bludgeon the smaller parts with the larger parts till I have plastic shards which I will melt into foregrips for blasters that WORK! - SonReeceSonJensen

#2 shardbearer

shardbearer

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:12 AM

Nice job, I especially like the bacronym. The handle seems clunky and like it would flex as you prime it, but oh well, personally I would have it attached straight across to the barrel and cut a slot in the shell. This gun really reminds me of RazGrizInferno's Vengeance.

Edited by shardbearer, 16 May 2011 - 03:14 AM.

#3 Irish8

Irish8

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:25 AM

Nice job, I especially like the bacronym. The handle seems clunky and like it would flex as you prime it, but oh well, personally I would have it attached straight across to the barrel and cut a slot in the shell. This gun really reminds me of RazGrizInferno's Vengeance.

Thanks for the props! Yeah the foregrip flexing was a concern of mine so I reenforced it internally with aluminum rods. I really liked the asthetics of the blaster and didn't want to do much shell cutting, also because I have other things planned for this. This post has been sitting around for about 5 months and about 3 months ago is when I first saw Vengeance which gave me a nerdgasm because my 2 favorite primaries are the Longshot and Quadshot. If I had seen it before this I probably would have done mine even closer to Inferno's. I'll probably update this as I finish up more work on it in months to come.
I'm going to bludgeon the smaller parts with the larger parts till I have plastic shards which I will melt into foregrips for blasters that WORK! - SonReeceSonJensen

#4 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

Great job on this! Personally I really like the look of the whole system. Does the entire system move back and fourth like the vengance? It doesn't look like it has that much clearance in the jam door space.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#5 Irish8

Irish8

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

Thanks, but no the entire system doesn't move. It's like a singled longshot but with a wye and chopper just before the barrel. Since these pictures have been taken I've added an extention spring to help the forward return and a new skid plate that holds the priming mech in line with the wye so I don't have to worry about getting it aligned while under fire. Once my finals are over I'll be working on it again because I want to have it ready for armageddon (and have it work).

#6 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

As much a I really HATE hoppers and choppers, this is actually very well done, congrats on the innovation. Im also interested as to whether or not the hole assembly moves while priming the blaster or if it disconnects at a coupler or joint.

Edited by ice, 16 May 2011 - 01:54 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

As much a I really HATE hoppers and choppers...

Woof.

I like this modification, especially with the Kids Next Door acronym. I'm working on a Ls with a hopper, and I might have to copy this. (slightly.)
Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#8 robodef12

robodef12

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

I love It!
Thats all that there is to say.
Dude, we're talking about mass produced Chinese pieces of shit here.

#9 Irish8

Irish8

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

As much a I really HATE hoppers and choppers, this is actually very well done, congrats on the innovation.

Thanks for that Ice, I know that some people prefer the n-strike mags or singling them but I'd been eternally pissed with the mags before because if you have multiple mags pre-loaded it's great, but once you run out of mags reloading takes too long for my preferences. Whereas I've gotten pretty good at getting a handful of darts in the chopper no problem. My foam is also a bit softer and got squished alot in the mags :blush: I'm glad that you like it even though it has a chopper.

Woof.

I like this modification, especially with the Kids Next Door acronym. I'm working on a Ls with a hopper, and I might have to copy this. (slightly.)

Hahaa I literally spent 2 days going through variations of the name trying to find words that fit. I can't wait to see what you do with your LS. As for mine, can you say "decimator?"

I love It!
Thats all that there is to say.

Thanks dude, I'm glad you like it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users