Octo-Shot

this is not mine

24 replies to this topic

#1 Nate45

Nate45

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

I am sharing these two videos with you guys because the guy in the video can not get validated on NH.
This is a video tutorial on how to make an Airzone Triple Shot into and Octo-Shot.

Part 1:

#2 Nate45

Nate45

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

Part 2:

#3 WicketTheModder619

WicketTheModder619

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:02 PM

Wow, I hadn't seen the video for this yet, but it looks awesome. He went a little overboard with the reinforcing though eh? I need to go raid my TRU now.
23:06 Buffdaddy: As long as they aren't doing it all night, don't care.

#4 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

Part 2

I can't help but be the recognition-loving asshole that I am. I came up with the turret seal mod using the front rubber off the plunger rod.

Edited by oodalumps, 28 April 2011 - 09:24 PM.

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

I can't help but be the recognition-loving asshole that I am. I came up with the turret seal mod using the front rubber off the plunger rod.

I can't believe that from over twenty minutes of footage that's all you could think of to say.

#6 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:25 PM

Honestly, I think this goes down as one of the best overall modifications on the Haven.

I myself have basically quit Nerf, and therefore have no intention of performing this mod. However, I was able to sit through that whole 20 minute modification video with complete interest. The modification is done so smoothly and the video is absolutely perfect. It has the perfect mix of clearness and stupid humor.

The obvious question is, ranges?

Mod: 9/10
Video: 10/10

Great job, especially for an unvalidated member.

And I also loved the overdone reinforcements. I guarentee that gun will last years with everything you put into it.

Edited by ilzot, 28 April 2011 - 11:26 PM.

QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#7 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:44 AM

I can't believe that from over twenty minutes of footage that's all you could think of to say.

You didn't say much relating to the video either. Not sure what you expected me to say. If I had to give my opinion on the video, I would say it was a very cool mod and a professionally done video (fancy talk for "dats kool!"). But people can see that just by watching it themselves.

#8 Nate45

Nate45

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

If you go to his channel he has a view videos on him shooting it and I think it went 140ft flat with slug style stefans and pierced cardboard at 25ft.

Range test:

#9 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

Dang it you beat me to it!

I made one of these but the turret got messed up.

I loved it while it was working but the turret had fractures on the bottom and was unsalvageable.

This might be because I used the original turret which worked really well but I think it failed because if the way I drilled the extra holes.

Nice work though!

Edited by SlightlySane813, 29 April 2011 - 01:39 PM.

Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#10 sharpshooter35

sharpshooter35

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:44 PM

I think the new spring is a little to strong for the mod, because he, a very strong looking guy, looks like he's struggling to cock the gun, so maybe he should downgrade it a little bit.
92% of teens would cry if Miley Cyrus was about to jump off a building.
If you are part of the 8% who would say "Jump B****, JUMP!!!!" . . .
Copy and paste this in your signature.

Don't forget about the Jones Brothers

http://frozenfoam.blogspot.com/

#11 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

I think the new spring is a little to strong for the mod, because he, a very strong looking guy, looks like he's struggling to cock the gun, so maybe he should downgrade it a little bit.

He did seem to be working kind of hard to prime the blaster.

Edited by father time, 29 April 2011 - 02:10 PM.

Ask her if she wants you to give her a multiple orgasm.
And when she looks stunned show her a picture of the blaster.
But if she gets excited. You're in.
-Miguel Ramos
Time is the one thing you can never escape.-Father Time

#12 ugh112

ugh112

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

This mod originated on Canadian Nerfers.

http://canadiannerfe...p?showtopic=582
QUOTE(Floppyjack @ Dec 1 2010, 06:57 PM) View Post

Too small? Mine are always too big, only one is the perfect size. Sorry, no pics, I'm in bed with my iPod.

QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 15 2010, 12:59 PM) View Post

I'd like to bid $15 for your dick.

#13 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

This mod originated on Canadian Nerfers.

http://canadiannerfe...p?showtopic=582

Actually, if you would have even bothered to look at the date the video was posted on youtube, and then the date it was posted on Canadian Nerfers, you would understand why you are wrong.

I suggest starting this mod with a fresh LSG/Quad-Shot. I am now down a Octo-Shot and a LSG after a rage blackout.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#14 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:07 AM

Pretty boss. Makes my writeup obsolete.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#15 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

Pretty boss. Makes my writeup obsolete.

Awww....

While I like the 8-shot turret, it sucks that you just can't replace the original turret. Assuming of course, you have already modded the blaster.

Edited by blitz, 30 April 2011 - 06:53 AM.

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#16 Chadpuff

Chadpuff

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:04 AM

Very nicely done. Wonder why he can not get validated on NH? If he does more stuff like this I think he'd make a great addition to our comunity.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." ...Han Solo

#17 The Irresponsible Toymaker

The Irresponsible Toymaker

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

I second Chadpuff's suggestion.

It sounds like people have been making these. Have any of you ever tried shotgun loading it, and if so, how did it work? I was wondering just for comparison to the other overhaul which gets a lower range and only has 4 shots but keeps the shotgun spread, which I personally enjoy.
"Babies are natural zombie killers-- it's in their blood."

#18 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:15 PM

I didn't have high expectations after the initial explosion of exuberance. But then... it turned into the best writeup on the NIC. Huh.

#19 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:09 PM

When I saw the youtube window, I was dreading another 15 minute video of some 13 year old drawling on and on about their mod while being completely incoherent the entire time.

Not only was the video very entertaining, it was also very informative and easy to understand. Someone with much less knowledge could easily pull this off.

At first I thought the reinforcing to be excessive, but after watching the range tests and the effort put into priming the gun, the reinforcements seem to be necessary.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#20 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

Actually, if you would have even bothered to look at the date the video was posted on youtube, and then the date it was posted on Canadian Nerfers, you would understand why you are wrong.

This is makeitgo's video, and the Canadian Nerfers thread is makeitgo's write-up. This makes sense, seeing as how makeitgo is a Nerfer from Canada.

Here is his writeup thread posted on SgNerf Forum: http://nerfsg.freefo...-o-b-t2679.html

Also, food for thought:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ocNtjn1jXw

I cannot wait to see this go up against a Doomsayer.
If you wish to post anything HvZ related, here ya go.

"...if you've ever suffered the effects of a fucking faggot retard overpopulation, you'll understand what devistaiting effects it can have on one's psyche." - Talio

#21 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

If anyone cares, Hipponater (Or his brother?) did a very similar mod about 2-3 months earlier where he used the stock turret and a firefly rotation mechanism. http://www.youtube.c...u/2/0oI2ZFG8NH4

The 140 foot range thing sounds very believable, and it's also very reasonable that the gun survives with all that reinforcement. However, as others have already mentioned, it just isn't practical to struggle so hard to cock back the blaster. I'm wondering if this breaks 90 flat with just a BBB and LS spring, or some equivalent to that. Also, I would like to say that acrylic is absolutely terrible as a barrel replacement. If your blaster takes a hit from a BBBB or other such powerful gun using a glue dome dart to any of the barrels, they WILL crack, or even shatter. Take a stumble or accidentally drop it and they will break. I know it isn't super likely, but eventually it will and then your gun will be down a barrel. I have no experience with polyseter, but if you want clear with similar ID you might want to look at that. Thanks very much for making a real quality youtube video and this awesome contribution.

#22 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

Polyester is pretty fragile as well. I dropped my speedloader onto concrete at the last war I made it to and the tip cracked. It's still functional, but I was pretty disappointed.

Overall though, this is a spectacular mod. I love when someone does something innovative to an actual toy blaster these days. It hasn't been happening often enough. And the video was great. He clearly put considerable effort into putting all of those shots together and streamlining the whole thing without sacrificing clarity.
Sex Dwarves: Drug test? What kinds of drugs are we testing?

#23 landstricker

landstricker

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

I agree with durka durka, I like how he shows you ho to build, it makes everything seem easier. But I wonder if he down-grades the spring, will all that reinforcing be necessary?

#24 Darksircam

Darksircam

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

Looks like a doomsayer-type blaster you can make with local supplies. Pretty sure the acrylic barrels are gimping the range - it feels tighter than CPVC, and it's not an optimal barrel material overall. CPVC will be unharmed if you drop it, while my spare acrylic tubes have gotten chipped from just bouncing around in a bag of stuff.
Travel Cost to TRU = $2. Eliminator pack = $15. Momentum testing = 2 lost darts. Outranging Recons with your mini pistol = priceless.

#25 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

Sorry.

Edited by Blue, 03 May 2011 - 11:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users