Air Bazooka Mod

from $7 to sweet

6 replies to this topic

#1 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:35 PM

I had this gun kicking around for a while, and I decided to try and mod it. I poened it up and found that the pump system doesn't come apart, I felt :evil: However I did do a barrel swap.

You begin by taking the gun apart. Now, the trigger mechanism is simple, but still, DON'T FORGET HOW IT WENT TOGETHER since it will come apart in a bunch of pieces.

Next, pull the barrel off the dark grey box-like trigger mechanismand replace it with a 1' piece of 1/2" CPVC (it must be CPVC or else you won't get an airtight seal)

next, there is kind of a wall where the stock barrel went through, the hole is too big for the cpvc, so wrap the part of the CPVC that passes through that hole in masking, duck, electrical, scotch, whatever tape so it's a tight fit.

now, with thirty pumps, and the dart rammed down the barrel, it should get good ranges, mine got 100-120' flat.

And this is what it'll look like when you're done: Posted Image
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#2 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:43 PM

Is there an overflow valve on the end of the pump that you can plug? If there is, then maybe you can modify the pump so that it takes fewer pumps to fire the gun.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#3 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 01:25 PM

I don't know, the pump assembly doesn't come apart, so I can't get to the pump to find out, although, I think there is, since after about 30 pumps, it makes that noise.

On Pudding

On a Sweedish Chainsaw

#4 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 02:03 PM

I know I'm double posting, but, it's important to the discussion. I made the barrel about seven inches longer, and it gets twenty more feet. also, with a good dart it is dead-on accurate at 70 feet. and last, this gun shoots a HUGE volume of air at mediocre pressures, I believe the pump system would be useful for homemades, or as a repacement pump for broken guns, especially if someone could find out how to open the pump housing.

On Pudding

On a Sweedish Chainsaw

#5 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:28 PM

if you knew you were double posting, why didnt you just edit your last post?

its a good mod but 30 pumps is way too many pumps to be usefull. mainly because when there are many other guns that can get 70' with one cock or many less pumps.

mabey if you used brass you could get more range?

#6 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:38 PM

So now it shoots about 120' to 140'?

Yeah, you might want to try brass, though you can't have as long a barrel. Also, what exactly is preventing you from opening up the pump assembly? Is it all glued together?

The SSPB pump assembly is glued together, but you can saw the end off to get access to the pump valve. You just have to hotglue the end back on when you are done.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#7 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:57 PM

well, no stores around where I live sell brass, and my mom doesn't trust buying things over the internet, so I can't buy PETG either, what does that stand for anyway?

On Pudding

On a Sweedish Chainsaw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users