Effeminate 2.1

The Pimp is back....Bling!!!

103 replies to this topic

#1 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

You guy's ready for another season of awesome Nerfing?

Meeting place: Windmill area

Time the war will start: 11:00

Date: April 17 ( Sunday )

Rules:

Eye protection mandatory
No head shots
No ball shots
Bring your own blasters
Bring ammo
No blaster that goes over 150'

Blaster Restrictions:

No singled Titans
No pump plugged Titans, BBBB, Cobras, Spy Gear Launchers unless it has a RSCB, Hopper, ect on it

Dart restrictions:

I know there has been a lot of debate about darts so I'm just going to make it easy:
I don't really care if the dart has glue dome heads or felt heads. As long as the blaster that fires it stays with in the 150' mark its legal. The only dart that is banned is tac darts for safety reasons.

Game types:

We have some oldies and some goodies:

Death Match
Capture The Flag
Pimp
Ammo Depot
Kingdoms
Wondering Monster
Zombies/ Mad Cow ( If you have melee weapons feel free to bring them )
Civil War
Dodge Ball
Pistol Round
Medic

Field Supervisors

The Pinkertons:
Dayko/Thrax
TearKitty
Darth Freyr

Attendees:

Dayko
Thrax
TearKitty
Nisaburo
FoamMaster + 2-3
Darth Freyr
TantumBull
Necrose
Tuna The Fish + 1-2
Broderick
OlympiaFoamSociety 4-12
Lizard Messiah + 1

Maybe:
Wickbuddy

"OlympiaFoamSociety"]

For people coming from the Thurston County area, the Oly Foam Society is organizing a carpool up to this war. Other nerfers from the Olympia area who need a ride are welcome to join our carpool if they contribute their fair share of gas money. If you live in that area and need a ride up, make a post on the Olympia Carpool page, here: http://www.facebook....202083636482637

Looks like were going to meet some new nerfers.

Bring yourselves, bring your family, bring your friends, bring everyone you know. Lets make the first war better then the seven from last year put together.

Edited by Dayko, 03 April 2011 - 04:06 AM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#2 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

The war will be in April but we need a date. What date works best for everyone?

Saturday's best for me. I'm good on the 2nd, the 9th, and the 16th, but the last two are probably not happening for me.

Here's what I'll be bringing as darts (Dayko permitting, o'course):

Posted Image

Those are my homegrown 'bumper head' darts, but on b1g13en's white foam. (Sorry, they're not for sale.)
Fugly is a feature.

#3 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

Yes, yes a thousand times yes! I can make whatever work, but I just need a few weeks notice to clear it with the boss. I've been working on my supped RF20 and got the ranges up to around 60' with new barrel lengths. It needs to be tested in the field though.

#4 FoamMaster

FoamMaster

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

I'll be there, I had too much fun at the last one to miss it. I'll bring probably 2 or 3 friends, but I'll need to borrow some darts since I don't have too many. As for the date, It would have to be on a weekend since I have school.

Glad to see you're doing this again!
This was a triumph.

#5 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

I can't speak for what Dayko will bring this time, but in the past he's brought a huge assortment of blasters as loaners, and a bin of community darts. He also brings a boatload of melee weapons and some 'themed costumes' as well.

Even if not, I usually travel with at least two primaries, two secondaries, and enough darts for two or three people, so you and your friends should be covered.

Effin' wars are part arms bazaars, too. Many people bring buckets o' blasters, either to sell/trade or to just show off. Seeing the new insanities that some of the regulars have is a personal highlight for these wars. Speaking of which: Nisaburo, did you replace the spring on your RF20, and, if so, can I haz a part number? :)

(Note: I know FoamMaster has attended Effin' last year. I'm more posting to extol Dayko's generosity as a war host.)

===

Edit: Anyone have anything for sale this year?

Edited by taerKitty, 03 March 2011 - 07:43 PM.

Fugly is a feature.

#6 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:32 PM

Nisaburo, did you replace the spring on your RF20, and, if so, can I haz a part number? :)

I actually just doubled up on the spring. Unfortunately I just used a random spring in my parts box. I'll see if I can't revisit the mod before the war and come up with and answer for you though.

#7 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

Those look good, Taer. Bumper Heads are cool with me. Glad too see that everyone excited about this.
I think the 16th would be best. That gives us a month and a half to prepare for it. Everyone in agree?
Hey Nisaburo, could you ask Tuna if he wants to come? I haven't seen him on the forums lately.
I also edited the first post for the time the war will be starting.

I'm super excited for this.

#8 Darth Freyr

Darth Freyr

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

Sweet, I'm open for any Saturday in April, I can't do the 10th (Sunday). Time to make darts and finish my blasters. This is going to be awesome.
Please email me rather than sending a PM. I am DarthFreyr at gmail dot com

#9 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

2011-04-16 works for me.

Here's a crazy idea for a game, seeing as it's the day after Tax Day:

Tax Day
  • Tax evaders start with 100 darts (including ones in their magazines!) They'll all wear flagging tape bandannas.

• IRS agents have no dart limit. Let's start with two of them, Mr. Smith and Mr. Jones. They have 15-second respawns. No flagging tape bandannas.

• Everyone is free to scavenge for darts.

• When a 'tax evader' is hit, he has to pay a 'tax', say 10 darts, then both parties have a 15-second respawn.

• If he can't pay up, he "turns states evidence" against his fellow tax evaders (becomes an IRS agent, in other words) and runs back to the bench to ammo up. And he takes off the flagging tape bandanna. Both parties also have that 15-second respawn.

• While an IRS agent is collecting taxes both parties ignore hits until business is completed.

• If it's a 'blind hit' (i.e. the tax evader doesn't know who shot him), he'll just call that he's hit and go to the nearest IRS agent to pay his bill, etc.

• Winner is the last person who 'dies' in a hail of darts. Bonus props for screaming cliches from films, such as "Top of the world, Ma!", "You won't take me alive!" or "Say hello to my LEETTLE FRIEND!"
===

What do you think?

Edited by taerKitty, 04 March 2011 - 09:12 PM.

Fugly is a feature.

#10 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

I'll be there for a few rounds at the least. I also have some stuff for sale (LS, clipped PAS, rearloading 1.5k).

#11 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

War is going to be on the 16th. Can't wait for it. Game sounds fun, Taer. We'll try it out.

On a side note. I know there is more of you Washington Nerfers out there, come on. Let's start off this year with a big bang!!

Edited the first post for the new time the war will be starting.

Edited by Dayko, 05 March 2011 - 04:10 PM.

#12 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

Who is Thrax? Steavie?

I have too many WIPs...

#13 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:02 AM

Who is Thrax? Steavie?

I have too many WIPs...

Ya.

#14 Necrose

Necrose

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hmmmm..... I'll see if i can make this one, it'd be nice to get back into things here. my prototype may be functional by April 16th too.
...and so it begins.

#15 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

Dammit. I just dropped into the lamer, I mean no-show bucket. Family is requiring my presence at a function.

Dayko, really, really, really sorry for pushing you to post this and then to flake out. When's May's Eff-up?
Fugly is a feature.

#16 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

Awesome Necrose, hope you can make it.

That sucks Taer. We might be able to change the date if no one has requested the time off of work yet. Has anyone requested the day off?

#17 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

That'd be great. I may bite the bullet and try to Nerf after my double-shift, so I'll offer either the 23rd or 30th as options. I suspect my 6th will soon be booked as well...

Now, if others have already put in for the 16th off, that's fine. No point moving a war just for me, especially when I had to flake out like this.
Fugly is a feature.

#18 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:42 PM

So how does everyone feel about switching the date? Has anyone asked for the day off yet? Sould we keep the date the same? Let's have some input before it gets too late.

#19 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

Well, it may conflict with some schedules, but Sundays would be best for me. Not sure about other people but if a Saturday is better for everyone, keep the date.

#20 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:34 AM

I can do Sundays!

Dayko - you've already seen my Nuthead darts. Would you be okay with wadcutters as well?

Posted Image

Basically, it's a 1/4" chunk of hot glue stick atop some FBR. It also weighs about 1g, and it's metal-free.
Fugly is a feature.

#21 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

I PMed most of guys about changing the date. How do people feel about it being on a Sunday?

They should be fine, Taer. But let's leave the option open that if they hurt more then regular darts we won't use them. I have made a few myself and they rip through cardboard with ease while the slug styles have trouble. Range
Wise there were almost identical compared to slugs,so I think it has something to do with how hard they are. Or I could be way off base with my assumption.

#22 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

Effin' Wars are an outdoor laboratory for me, anyhow. :)

We're okay with 'bumper heads' (so far - but if anyone balks, I'll gladly switch to slugs). The 'nutheads' are merely this round's experiment - just because they look okay doesn't mean they'll be okay. Same holds for wadcutters - if anyone isn't okay with them, I'll switch to slugs.
Fugly is a feature.

#23 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:03 AM

So how does the 17 sound? Its a Sunday. I would like to get the date fully confirmed before the weekend is over.

#24 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:03 AM

Weird double post.

Edited by Dayko, 11 March 2011 - 02:06 AM.

#25 tuna the fish

tuna the fish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:04 AM

Yeah i'm down to go. Saddly i work 4 days a week and they are all over the weekend but i'll try to get that day off. I have an unmodded manta if anyone might be interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users