MANO 4

It's about time

15 replies to this topic

#1 hummer

hummer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:28 AM

Copied from nerf rev and I realize this is the same day as May Minnesota Nerf Outing. I am sorry for this error, but unfortunately, I cannot reschedule due to other happenings.

Ok, I've been procrastinating wayyy too much on getting this she-bang going again, so with out further ado:
Posted Image

Date: May 7th

Time: 10ish - 5ish

Address: Park Dr, West Allis, WI 53227 (Greenfield park, that address is for those of you who just copy-paste to a mapping site)

Posted Image

What to bring:

+ At least 1 pistol for the pistol rounds.
+ Melee Weapon if preferred. Your melee weapon can only be 2-4 feet long and less than 1 ft wide.
+ Enough ammo
+ Eye protection is mandatory
+ A bag lunch with plenty of water or some other type of drink.
+ Some money for buying/selling, etc.
+ Appropriate clothing

What not to bring:

- Painful darts. Only slugs and stock darts are allowed. No domed darts are allowed
- Anything that could inflict a welt from 20 feet away or closer. Have doubts? Don't bring it.
- Anything painted entirely black, silver, or any form of camouflage.

Relevant Information:

~West coast rule-set

~ Don't be afraid to ask questions! The only dumb question is the one not asked.

~ Anybody is welcome to attend, including family and friends. Said people should be 13 years of age or older.

~ If any guns have any sharp or pointy objects on it, try and duct tape it down. This is mainly for Toaster boy.

~ Barrel taps: Must tap then discharge your loaded blaster on the ground immediately after. Blow guns may not barrel tap due to this being much akin to a melee weapon

~Classes will make a return for some rounds probably:

Medic: reduce respawn to 5 seconds. Limited to single pistol/melee. Has 20 second respawn
Spartan: Only person with shield (provided). Limited to melee. 10 second respawn.
Engineer: Movable mobstacle (provided) Limited to single pistol/melee.

Possible Game-types:

Chaos/Meatgrinder/Immortal

Zombie Rounds

Defend the Core

Capture the Flag
Into the fires of battle!
Onto the anvil of war!
QUOTE(BustaNinja @ Nov 23 2010, 04:09 PM) View Post

He parkours over flat land while yelling tactical orders at no one. Demon Lord is the most legit ballsy nerfer of all time.

#2 hummer

hummer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

And Just for future reference; MANO's will now run stock ammo only/no homemades in wars ending in .5, but less stringent rules for the others. I'm hoping to encourage those of you who like to experiment to still have fun, while hosting another set of wars where a kid can show up with an unmodded nightfinder can still have fun.
Onto the anvil of war!

He parkours over flat land while yelling tactical orders at no one. Demon Lord is the most legit ballsy nerfer of all time.

#3 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

I am a strong maybe now.

All of you guys need to come; MANO's are awesome.

#4 Y-Brik

Y-Brik

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

I'll see what I can do- Are we nerfing in the new location? If all works out, I'll likely have at least 1 friend going.

As I said I have not not alot of testes yet but I will be once I finish the mod.

Why I am boycotting Hasbro

#5 hummer

hummer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

I'll see what I can do- Are we nerfing in the new location? If all works out, I'll likely have at least 1 friend going.

Nope, at good 'ol picnic area #5. Hoping to not experiment with new locations for a while unless I find something cool.
Onto the anvil of war!

#6 Edible Autopsy

Edible Autopsy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

I am a strong maybe now.

All of you guys need to come; MANO's are awesome.

That's because Hummer's a hell of a host :D
Hot glue is my best friend.

#7 hummer

hummer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:26 PM

That's because Hummer's a hell of a host :D

Thank you for the compliment, but in reality, I just organize stuff. I wouldn't still be doing this if you guys didn't keep showing up, thank you.
Onto the anvil of war!

#8 Edible Autopsy

Edible Autopsy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

Thank you for the compliment, but in reality, I just organize stuff. I wouldn't still be doing this if you guys didn't keep showing up, thank you.

But then again, we wouldn't keep showing up if you didn't do such a good job!

#9 Evilbob

Evilbob

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:23 AM

Put me as a maybe. Have to check schedule probably stay till 3:30.
Clan A.D.D

#10 Evilbob

Evilbob

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:29 AM

Nope, at good 'ol picnic area #5. Hoping to not experiment with new locations for a while unless I find something cool.

I like picnic area #3 the playground is right next to tables it is bigger then the other place..
Clan A.D.D

#11 Edible Autopsy

Edible Autopsy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:01 PM

I like picnic area #3 the playground is right next to tables it is bigger then the other place..

Bigger is boring, smaller is more runnin n gunnin :D

#12 Evilbob

Evilbob

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:40 PM

But the playground was right next to the pavalin and the pavalin was bigger plus there were trees a little off the pavalin
Clan A.D.D

#13 jamesthefisherman94

jamesthefisherman94

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

Nevermind.

Edited by jamesthefisherman94, 07 May 2011 - 06:02 PM.

#14 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

It would be nice to have some idea of attendance for the war. I was planning on attending, but I don't want to spend 6 hours driving to have a nerf war with 6 people. I know this attitude can result in a self-fulfilling prophecy, but I'm really only interested if I can get some indication that people will be there.

edit: Attendance lists aren't just for showing your popularity--It might be too late for this war, but such a list goes a long way to getting out-of-town folk to show up.

Edited by KaneTheMediocre, 06 May 2011 - 06:40 PM.

RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#15 hummer

hummer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

Alright, sorry I haven't been posting much for this war, I meant to yesterday but early Mothers day obligations got in the way.

Anywho, the weather tomorrow says light showers, but in the mid 50's. This war will happen, irregardless of a drizzle/anything mother nature attempts to throw at us.

While it is closer to the parking lot as well, it's closer to the paved path and has less natural cover. Thanks though for the suggestion!

And yes, Kane, you make a valid point, I didn't feel it was fair to you guys if I had an attendance list if I knew I couldn't update it as much as I should.

Edited by hummer, 09 May 2011 - 07:31 PM.

Onto the anvil of war!

#16 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

This was a fun war.

+ Picnic tables are surprisingly good mobstacles
+ The weather was nice all day
+ I bought a snapbow from Louie. You should buy one too.
+ No blasters of mine broke
+ The N-Strike tactical vest is actually extremely useful, despite it not really fitting me right
+ I believe that this was the first 8-hour war that we have had.
+ Good turnout
+ Not having much to complain about

PHOTOS

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

WE HAD A GOOD TIME