Photo

Rscb Barrel Length Question

3 replies to this topic

#1 GeshmanWG

GeshmanWG

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

I am having a hard time finding a good length of barrel for my rscb. I am using an air tank that has sufficient enough air that I am able to choose how much air I fire. My problem is that if when I pump to a certain point instead of increasing ranges the clip just starts double and even triple firing, but no matter what ranges are only in the 30's. I have already tried 6" cpvc nested in PVC that had been reamed out for better feeding (like you would do for a hopper). I tried using PETG nested in PVC but it is too loose and the darts double load by themselves.

My question is what length/material should i use in order to get more range out of my darts before double feeding?

Also as a precursor to all responses telling me to use a hopper or BRSCB or Hopper these will not work for my current application.

#2 Mills

Mills

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:53 PM

I believe a a too loose barrel material causes that problem. Maybe try CPVC, some airguns benefit from it.
Random IRC moment...
thedom21: mills pm me you address on NH so i can shit your stuff

#3 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

Well what tank are you using them for?

I currenly have a 4b with an rscb. It has 1 foot of 5/8ths brass in a 1/2'' CPVC - T with an endcap on it and then 1 foot of CPVC and it works like a dream!
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#4 GeshmanWG

GeshmanWG

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:31 PM

Found the optimal barrel length/material. Just needed to use slightly tighter CPVC (turned out what I was using was reamed out) If you are wondering what I was working on look here to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users