Armageddon XII Planning Thread

Date and location set

46 replies to this topic

#26 Irish8

Irish8

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:33 AM

I'm making a Secret Vice Presidential decision here, and saying it's gonna be on July 2nd. Seeing as how Avatar of Woe(Brian), shmmee, and a few others stated that they can not make the 9th

So DEFINITELY July 9th? :unsure: I just want to be %100 sure of the date before I tell my guys and we start planning for everything. It would kinda suck if it was a typo, I know that I can make quite a few when it's late/early.
I'm going to bludgeon the smaller parts with the larger parts till I have plastic shards which I will melt into foregrips for blasters that WORK! - SonReeceSonJensen

#27 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

Well the time has come to begin planning this year's largest west coast war so here goes.

Date: July 9th
Time: 9:30 am to 4:30-5ish pm

I'm making a Secret Vice Presidential decision here, and saying it's gonna be on July 2nd. Seeing as how Avatar of Woe(Brian), shmmee, and a few others stated that they can not make the 9th, it would be better to base the date around those with a longer travel distance, rather than the locals who live within 10 minutes of the location.

We'll give the thread another update this weekend after our SCUN war PAVLOV, and make the final decision on the location(s).

So DEFINITELY July 9th? :unsure: I just want to be %100 sure of the date before I tell my guys and we start planning for everything. It would kinda suck if it was a typo, I know that I can make quite a few when it's late/early.

I'de like to second that confused look, and seek clarification on the "official date" discrepancy.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#28 Apollo256

Apollo256

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

date is fixed. war is on the 2nd.
Monkies learn sign-language so they can tell dolphins they love them.

A horse is a horse of course of course, unless it is a zebra. What the hell is a zebra anyways?

#29 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

Added to schedule.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#30 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

I'm more of a maybe now. Family reunion in wisconsin may run longer than I thought. I might be back the night before the war, which would work out perfectly. So we'll see.

#31 Irish8

Irish8

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:54 AM

Housing is also something we local guys usually don't mind doing so if you are coming from out of town and need a place to stay speak up about it here or book a hotel room.

Since the date is set in stone, is there anyone who'd be willing to house me+2 more for Friday and Saturday night? Also, none of us smoke or drink since that could be a concern (especially with parents).

Edited by Irish8, 30 May 2011 - 06:59 PM.

I'm going to bludgeon the smaller parts with the larger parts till I have plastic shards which I will melt into foregrips for blasters that WORK! - SonReeceSonJensen

#32 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:40 AM

Can't. sorry :/
Hope to see you guys sometime in the future...

Edited by Watari, 02 July 2011 - 03:03 AM.

#33 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

I can make it! So it'll be me plus 2-3 if I'm lucky.

#34 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:30 AM

You should buy my things so I can come.

trans as shit because fuck you

#35 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

Ugh. I'll be there. Plus one.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#36 Irish8

Irish8

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:03 AM

Bleh, my group no longer has access to a working vehicle so we're out for this year >_< pretty bummed. Well there's always next year.

#37 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:36 PM

On a scale of one to ten, is it cool if we bring dates to the war?

Rnbw Cln

#38 Scooter1

Scooter1

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

I will be thar, prolly with +2.

#39 KoRnEd

KoRnEd

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

Ice that'll be a definite 367.9/10. Furthermore, I'll be bring a pool noodle sword/missiles.

20:07 tiredKitty living in NYC, you could spend a lot of time in Chinatown and only speak the mother tongue
20:07 tiredKitty Not a good idea, btw.

I have identified the problem: "maverick"

#40 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

I thought you guys would want the extra publicity, so I put the war on Craigslist and invited everyone to come! It was hard to find a good section but since I think we'll almost all be guys, and most people with Nerf guns are guys, it went in the m4m section.

My guest situation is confusing and so just expect me, with other people being a bonus.

Rnbw Cln

#41 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:45 PM

Oh man you guys, I had a great time today! Its too bad that it was hot, but that didnt stop me from enjoying myself.
-those wedding shows were great
-my cat was so good at CTF, dodges all over the place!
-that mid day nap followed by cops, superb
-all the video games i played? great!

a+ war, will attend again

trans as shit because fuck you

#42 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:20 AM

Might as well just recap here...

First off, I'd just like to thank everyone that came out. I don't think anyone ever got the body count for the day (not that it's breaking any records), but that was one classy group of people who all participated. It was also good to see a lot of newer guys there, you guys are the future of SoCal Nerf, and the fact that you brought some friends helps spread our aura of awesomeness to the masses.

• Not taking any darts to the face (an unusual turn of events)
  • Introducing my cousin Max to the wonderful world of Nerf wars
  • Shooting my Splitfire at Tommy from literally 15 feet away and having the darts go around each side of him. Then I proceeded to slip and fall, drop my Splitfire, and as I was falling my Splitfire bounced off the ground and smacked me in the face.
  • Missile Crisis seems like a success, and the Nuclear Stockpile rule was a good addition.
  • Slayer's speech about "how to not suck"
  • Football Coach/Hobbyist Photographer Dad
  • I didn't bring nearly enough darts for my group with the absence of Soccerdog as Co-Huntington Beach Nerf Captain Guy Leader Person
  • Managing to revive my SS2 from the death seal of the leaky tank, only to have the coupler come off half way through the day
  • Zeke forgot one of his hoppers, so I have a nifty souvenir until we meet again.
All in all, a great day. It's always awesome putting some faces to the names and meeting everyone.

PS - We're never going to get the group photo. T_T

Edited by Axelion_burnout, 04 July 2011 - 02:24 AM.

\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#43 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:58 AM

So did that photographer just abscond with our group photo? I hope that kid's on the forums...

anywho, it was a pretty good day.

Kind of sad that my Maximizer broke though. looks like I'm in the market for one.

- awesome attendance. Glad we had some new faces. Sorry I couldn't remember all your names all the time. Make sure you new guys stay in contact with us. We do wars monthly. So let's repeat the fun!
- some old faces. Glad we've got such an awesome nerfing group here, fellas.
- camping at the top of the slide was fun while it lasted.
- missile crisis was pretty fun
- running up on Wesley with my ball gun as the other team looked on.
- Pirate captains is always fun
- That whole multi-team game was pretty fun. I had a fun team to play with at least.

Kind of bummed that I had to leave before the day was through, but I had fun anyway. Can't wait till next year.

#44 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

• Zeke forgot one of his hoppers, so I have a nifty souvenir until we meet again.
All in all, a great day. It's always awesome putting some faces to the names and meeting everyone.

PS - We're never going to get the group photo. T_T

I wondered where that went! Thanks muchly, sir. I will get it in the nearish future.

And yeah. That photo is lost. Who was that guy? He kept shouting strategic advice at me while I shot people.

I had a good time on Saturday. Thanks to everyone for putting on such a fun war. My guests had a good time too, so there's that. I'd put up an apology on Jake's part, for being kind of a dick. My bad.

Also, sorry a bit to Bags for that argument towards the end. When my blood sugar drops, my emotional palette becomes anger-colored, and so most anything becomes ingredients for an argument. Thankfully we were both tired so it lasted almost no time, so yeah, sorry for that.

• I have video from the Missile Crisis round. I really liked it, especially the stockpile rule. This is pretty much the only objective game besides Carpe that I feel even a little inclined to play the objective, rather than shoot people playing the objective. I have two videos from the second round of it that'll go up a little later this week.
  • My +bows performed very nicely throughout the day, even though the colorful one has a pretty nastily cracked plunger tube around the bushing. Gotta fix that at some point, I guess.
  • Hitting Wesley to end the VIP round when he was standing between a tree and a dude from about one hundy feet away. That was enjoyable.
  • Meeting some people in a little more earnest than I had met them in the past. Hey Schmee, did you know that Van Winkle Expressway in SLC is named after my great-grandfather? I wish I had a chance to talk to you for a bit, my mom's side of the family is from there.
  • My Maximizer is a ticking time bomb. I'm kind of anxious about using it.
  • The Hat is excellent. My guests were very happy.
  • Too bad we got kicked out of Cullen so quickly. I like playing at the school, at least for a bit.
  • I lost a lot of darts. Like, eighty percent. Looking forward to getting some o' dat pink foam back here.
  • Now my college friends know that I'm internet famous.
  • I liked that this was a kind of calm and chill Armageddon. Thirty-ish people, good energy, nice breaks, lots of fun.
  • Back to the basics on the speedloader all day. I really enjoyed that. I think I'll move down to 3/8" PVC barrels soon for extra pretty on my +bow.
  • Kind of some weird reactions to my female friend coming. The morning was a little awkward.
Anyways, thanks everyone for a fun time. I'll post my videos here after I put it up. Looking forward to seeing you guys again in the future.

Edited by Ice Nine, 04 July 2011 - 06:24 PM.

Rnbw Cln

#45 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

Solid war guys, per usual.

We got a crapload of footage, man am I happy I have all those Playsports.

Oh man you guys, I had a great time today! Its too bad that it was hot, but that didnt stop me from enjoying myself.

^ Pants once again wins the "Surly humorous way to say I didn't get to nerf today award" seriously dude, almost as funny as your commitment to your Falcon Costume for C.A.N.D.Y.

Sorry a bit to Bags for that argument towards the end. When my blood sugar drops, my emotional palette becomes anger-colored, and so most anything becomes ingredients for an argument. Thankfully we were both tired so it lasted almost no time, so yeah, sorry for that.

I have video from the Missile Crisis round. I really liked it, especially the stockpile rule. This is pretty much the only objective game besides Carpe that I feel even a little inclined to play the objective, rather than shoot people playing the objective. I have two videos from the second round of it that'll go up a little later this week.

S'all good brosef, its just the same stupid dart argument we get into every like 6 months(stupid, because our opinions never change no matter how much we discuss), and you must remember that I'm a dick and pretty stubborn, which makes it easy to turn where it went. We just have to remember we need someone to distract us with discussions of obscure music or art or pokemans next time it comes up.

Please send me that footage dude, Apollo and I have a bunch of stuff for a "How to have your own Nerf Missile Crisis" video started, but the more "in round footage" would be great. Also, every bit counts when it comes to making the 'geddon video.

The Highlights:

*Pre-geddon Vloging and forgetting the SCUN YouTube password, thus not posting it before 'geddon.
*Using every bit of self control I had to not be a total ass to the random Dad who was trying to be a camera snob, I agree that this year's group photo is most likely never to be seen.
*Getting to Cullen early, only to find Shmee already there.
*Finding another Glendora Police officer who didn't know who we were, and getting kicked out of Cullen Sucked. (seriously, what happened to "Oh they're just nerf guns? Well, have fun then!")
*Roboman modded me a couple of rather Sexxy 2ks, and they were awesome to use, until I broke them. at least they were minor problems, so its an easy fix.
*Watching Sage dominate with Roboman's Squeaky Hammer.
*Slayer's "How to not Nerf like a Retard" lecture.
*Lots of good Captains Games
*Pranking people with the Missile Crisis Motion Alarms.
*Getting to give Sandman(Brandon) the Ryan Witherspoon Memorial Trophy, for "Spooniest attendance" when he showed up just in time for lunch.
*Missile Crisis is a Success in larger groups, Axelion's "Nuclear Stockpile" rule helped.
*Team Ginger-Beard
*Being on an exceptional Multi-Team er...Team.
*Not getting sunburned, although I think I had some sort of weird reaction to GuyintheKilt(Kevin)'s sunscreen: the day after the war my forehead broke out like CRAZY. Seriously, it looks like a pinkish-beige orange peel.
*Literally spending hours post war wasting time at Ole Hammer while we lazily cleaned up.

So like I was saying, there is A Lot of video for this war, and I have a feeling that there's a little more out there, if you have some please contact me so I can get it ASAP(Email me Bags@Scunnerf.com)

I'm trying to keep my usual "still haven't finished war videos from last September, but get the 'geddon video out in less than two weeks" schedule here.

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 06 July 2011 - 08:26 AM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#46 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:54 AM

Video is Up ;)

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#47 baghead

baghead

Cheetos