Photo

Internal Air Compressor Titan (nerf Modification)

13 replies to this topic

#1 Fu-BJ

Fu-BJ

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:48 AM

There's alot of things you can do with an Air Compressor. Pump your tires, up with it... well that's all I can think of. You can also put it inside a Nerf Titan! This is probably one of the best Nerf AC Titans you will have seen around.

If you've noticed, MANY of these modifications are freaking bulky, have a tube running from a backpack or fanny pack and has a HIGH RISK of snagging on something unpleasant, ripping off, and BAM GG there goes your Nerf Blaster. Yes, at many wars these AC Titans are banned, but doesn't stop my good friend phuonguyen in putting an awesome compressor inside it.

Specs:
Pump Relocation (So you can use it after the battery dies)
Inbuilt AC 12V
12V RC / Tamiya Battery
Pure Awesome
Safety switches (check the video).

Video covers most angles of the Titan.

If you want this commissioned then PM phuonguyen on the youtube channel. Also subscribe if you want more crazy modifications.

We definitely have a surprise for you guys in a few weeks times (when we can be bothered to make the video) - Especially aiming towards you RyanMcNumbers :D.

#2 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

Very neat looking. I like how you have the pump as a backup.
What kind of air compressor are you using? Was it originally portable, or did you modify it?
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#3 Keola88

Keola88

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

Wow, that thing is awesome! Do you mind if I ask what the ranges are, or how much one of those demons would go for?

#4 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

Very useful modification. Although I object to the lack of using rockets and missiles from such an over-sized tank. If you don't mind me asking, I'd really like to see some internal photos (or video if your camera only records in video) to see how you've configured the thing inside of there.

Also, where exactly are your accents from? They sounded like a hash up of Aussie and Asian to me.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#5 Fu-BJ

Fu-BJ

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:03 AM

@Wes7143 - We're from Brisbane, Australia :). We live down undaaa (slang). Unfortunately my friend is not too keen on exposing the internals of our blasters as he likes to keep the audience in 'suspense' :). However! If you are wondering how we're getting 'miniture' sized ACs that fit in Nerf Blasters...

I can add that you probably saw the switch on the side. The trigger activated switch to turn on the AC is just a push button switch - Similar to the Stampede and Swarmfire mechs. If you're electrical savvy, it shouldn't be too hard.

Posted Image

@durka durka & Wes7143 - My friend basically just hacks it apart to get the actual 'compressor' motor inside it. The size decreases it to 1/3 of the original compressor size. So hopefully, that helps. Alot of our other Australian members across the nation has taken on board this idea and have made AC Magstrikes. Compact and Powerful :).

@Keola88 - Here are some statistics.

20PSI - Tank half full (/w OPV intact) - 80ft-100ft
40PSI - Tank FULL (/w OPV intact) - Typical Titan Ranges 100ft-130ft)
60PSI - Whistler can hit up to dare I say 150ft-200ft.
120PSI - Well, let's just say you shouldn't be using it at that high because it shoots probably as hard as a paintball gun. Maybe even worse.

Also. My friend can commission one of these for $200 (excluding postage). Pretty cheap if you ask me. Blaster costs about $120 to make. + 5-8hours of labour. If you want to contact him. I would suggest you PM the youtube channel and I will direct the mail to him :). It weighs about 7-8kg (15-16pounds)

#6 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

You have to be joking with the 120 dollars in parts thing... And 200 dollars for this? The titan costs around 20, and you can get those air compressors here for around 10 (if not cheaper). Where does the rest come in?

#7 Fu-BJ

Fu-BJ

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

You have to be joking with the 120 dollars in parts thing... And 200 dollars for this? The titan costs around 20, and you can get those air compressors here for around 10 (if not cheaper). Where does the rest come in?

Hmm. You forget that I live in Australia. It costs about $40-$50 to get one of these in Australia. $15 for the compressor. $30-$40 for the Airsoft / Tamiya Battery and Charger. Schrader valve $5. Switches and wires $10. Tubing replacements $5. Did you remember to take everything of those accounts into consideration? Nope.

Never assume, you'll make an ass out of you and me. Nevermind that, you just made yourself look like an ignorant 13YO (presumably you probably aren't one, but your mindset is of one).

The question is, if you were to be able to 'commission' this. You will realise how much time and effort it is to structurally create. It's like people making LED Mavericks. For US - Costs about $30-$40. If you made an LED Maverick, would you sell it for $50? You would sell it for $100+. The demand value is approximately that much.

#8 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

Buying a new Titan here still costs at least $50, plus shipping since I haven't seen one in a store for a long time. These guys are also in Australia, which I seem to remember reading has some pretty high markups on Nerf guns.

Edit: Dang, that's what I get for being slow and double checking prices while I post.

It would be cool to see some pictures of the inside though.

Edit again: ↓ Well, I do still think $200 is a pretty crazy price for a nerf blaster, but if somebody will pay that then I guess it worked out for ya.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 28 March 2011 - 03:52 PM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#9 Fu-BJ

Fu-BJ

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

Buying a new Titan here still costs at least $50, plus shipping since I haven't seen one in a store for a long time. These guys are also in Australia, which I seem to remember reading has some pretty high markups on Nerf guns.

Edit: Dang, that's what I get for being slow and double checking prices while I post.

It would be cool to see some pictures of the inside though.

Thank you for understanding VelveetaAvenger! You actually understand the value of Nerf Blasters. We get alot of those people from the Oznerf forums who 'question' the value of Blasters without prior research. I wish alot more people like yourself would do the research before making statements :).

It's like the old question of Blaster Vs Blaster? What should I get.

Edited by Fu-BJ, 28 March 2011 - 03:50 PM.

#10 Keola88

Keola88

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hmm. You forget that I live in Australia. It costs about $40-$50 to get one of these in Australia. $15 for the compressor. $30-$40 for the Airsoft / Tamiya Battery and Charger. Schrader valve $5. Switches and wires $10. Tubing replacements $5. Did you remember to take everything of those accounts into consideration? Nope.

Never assume, you'll make an ass out of you and me. Nevermind that, you just made yourself look like an ignorant 13YO (presumably you probably aren't one, but your mindset is of one).

The question is, if you were to be able to 'commission' this. You will realise how much time and effort it is to structurally create. It's like people making LED Mavericks. For US - Costs about $30-$40. If you made an LED Maverick, would you sell it for $50? You would sell it for $100+. The demand value is approximately that much.

FU-BJ, I don't think he was trying to roast you like that. I think, if anything, he was inquiring as to why it is so expensive. But then again, he could've been a bit nicer about it.

Anyways I think that thing is really worth it, although I can't exactly come up with that kind of cash. Oh well, props, that thing is amazing.

#11 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

I wasn't trying to be a "ignorant 13YO" about this, I was just curious. But, since you're taking it there... That 40-50 dollar thing would get you the hornet and the scout. Those will cut the price down to about 20 dollars, would it not? I can understand the airsoft battery thing, but I would hope that you know you don't have to get the better ones. Cheaper ones work. Your total cost is more like 75 dollars, unless I'm missing something. I would never sell or buy a nerf gun filled with LEDs for 100 dollars. That is ridiculous. In fact, you can buy LEDs super cheap here (on ebay, from china). It would cost about 20 to make one. Paying 100 dollars for ANY maverick is just stupid. I don't care if it has lights and was touched by jesus. Make me a gold plated one. I might pay 100 for it... Toss a few diamonds and maybe a ruby or two in there.

#12 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

It seems that the compressor fills up the tank very quickly, which is quite nice. Also, did you sew that battery holder yourself? I love sewing......

#13 Fu-BJ

Fu-BJ

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:07 AM

I wasn't trying to be a "ignorant 13YO" about this, I was just curious. But, since you're taking it there... That 40-50 dollar thing would get you the hornet and the scout. Those will cut the price down to about 20 dollars, would it not? I can understand the airsoft battery thing, but I would hope that you know you don't have to get the better ones. Cheaper ones work. Your total cost is more like 75 dollars, unless I'm missing something. I would never sell or buy a nerf gun filled with LEDs for 100 dollars. That is ridiculous. In fact, you can buy LEDs super cheap here (on ebay, from china). It would cost about 20 to make one. Paying 100 dollars for ANY maverick is just stupid. I don't care if it has lights and was touched by jesus. Make me a gold plated one. I might pay 100 for it... Toss a few diamonds and maybe a ruby or two in there.

Sorry. It's hard to interpret the tone of people over the internet. I was the one who was acting like the ignorant (and arrogant) 13YO. I'm 19 by the way <,<.

Fortunately, the ebay market have 'stupid' users who CBF doing an LED Maverick themselves, and that's where you get the $100 from. This includes the aesthetic mods that nerfnerdaniel does. His stuff is full of sh*t and just there for asthetics. Nerf forum members generally go for purchasing Nerf Blasters with 'performance' over looks.

Nope. Here in Australia Nerf Unity Titan packs costs $70. So that drops down $40-$50. That's already almost half the cost of the Titan. However, you need to pop into the modders seat (which you did with the LED Mavs), would you spend 5-8hours on a creation that would dominate the playing field and sell it at cost price?

1. It's got an AC and Batt
2. It's got an back-up pump when the AC runs out
3. Charges under... I'm not sure, check the video.
4. Put multiple darts there - your hit% will increase dramatically
5. When the enemies here the nenenenenenene from the AC, they will flinch.
6. It's compact and doesn't have leads pulling from anywhere (unlike the uin13 design, and many others), you won't snag it on something.
7. Can still use Titan Rockets (not demonstrated in the video)

Disadvantages>
1. Costly of $200 commissioned (w/o postage) (worth it though?)
2. Pretty heavy, but if you have a hefty dominant arm, it'll be like a feather.

@Utahnerf - I'm not actually too sure where my friend got his battery sack from, he might of sowed it haha.

My friend has commissioned one, but you get to choose what you want on it. The one he commissioned though didn't have the external manual pump as it was not requested.

#14 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

The idea of valuing a nerf gun is not useful at all. People will pay whatever they feel it's worth. For example, Jerm78 put up many of his awesome mods on ebay but they often went below what the cost of the parts to make them was as they sold. And the idea of $50 for a stock titan... If anyone actually wants one, I'd sell a stock one with a cut down Missile barrel included for $15 plus ship. Also, contracting anything from Australia is a terrible; shipping is killer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users