March Meltdown '11

71 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

It pains me to do this, but since Grid Code was my first complete failure at hosting a war I want to make sure everyone has fun at this one. So two questions:

A. Do we want to play at Mill Creek? The addition of hoppers may mean this field officially needs to be put to rest.

B. What date? 5, 12, 19, 26

I know it's short notice so we can always hold Meltdown in April, but we need to get the 2011 season kicked off. Speak up.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

It pains me to do this, but since Grid Code was my first complete failure at hosting a war I want to make sure everyone has fun at this one. So two questions:

A. Do we want to play at Mill Creek? The addition of hoppers may mean this field officially needs to be put to rest.

B. What date? 5, 12, 19, 26

I know it's short notice so we can always hold Meltdown in April, but we need to get the 2011 season kicked off. Speak up.

Talio.

12th and 19th I could possibly do.

#3 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

12th and 19th I could possibly do.

Same here, 5th and 26th are out for me. I don't mind Mill Creek that much, so I'm indifferent on location.

#4 faddle

faddle

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:12 AM

The 12th sounds good. I don't care where the war is because I will go anywhere.
NERFSTRONG#114

#5 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

I've been as big a backer of the abandon mill creek movement as anyone, but I'm not entirely sure if the prevalence of high range/rof weapons will further diminish, or enhance mill creek. I know we'll lose all our darts in the woods, but that's not a serious consideration.

The major problem we've seen at Millcreek in the past has been standoffs down the wood-lined corridor, where most of the action always seems to end up happening. We've found that hoppers have done a good job of relieving standoffs in open spaces, but it's hard to know what it'll do here. The skirmishes in the woods between that path and the road will certainly be more lively, and I'm curious to see how the bridge area plays (though the number of participants has been the limiting factor there in the past).

With the right mix of participants pushing the pace it might just work. I think it's hard to say until we try it.

#6 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:49 AM

With the right mix of participants pushing the pace it might just work. I think it's hard to say until we try it.

Agreed on this one, as long as it's not entirely flooded.

Gears and I are busy on the 12th, will almost definitely not want to nerf on the 19th, and he's almost definitely busy the 19th anyway. I vote 26th. Would definitely miss bpso though.
Teehee.

#7 T dog

T dog

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

I would be down for the 19th or 26th.
Grains not brains!

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

Alright. Now I'm interested to see what will happen at Mill Creek and since it's kind of tradition to play there for March Meltdown we'll go for that. Keep the dates coming, I'll pick one at the end of the week.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#9 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

Agreed on this one, as long as it's not entirely flooded.

Gears and I are busy on the 12th, will almost definitely not want to nerf on the 19th, and he's almost definitely busy the 19th anyway. I vote 26th. Would definitely miss bpso though.

If the 26th looks like the best date, I can try and make it... I'm 90% sure I have to work that weekend, though. If it's confirmed, I'll see about swapping shifts.

#10 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

I won't be able to go if the date is the 19th. The wife and I have tickets for a concert. At the moment, any other date is good for me but I won't know more until Maryann gets her schedules.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#11 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:15 AM

I could make in on the fifth.

#12 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:02 AM

The 12th is pretty much a def no for me, and the 5th is just about as bad. 19th or 26th should work.
The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#13 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:26 AM

Cannot do the 5th.

#14 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

There are other things going on nerf related in the PA and it's surrounding areas for the 12th and 19th. So i would prefer if it was not on one of those days. But, if it doesn't work out, meh.

#15 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

I'm only going to make the 26th.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#16 MAC

MAC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Put me down as a maybe for any of the dates. (contingent upon successful completion of a hopper for my xbow/BBBB). I haven't nerfed in about 5-6 years but I got the itch. I thought i was retired for good but what did I know.

Also any dart restrictions? I used the fbr w/bb + hot glue. Word on the boards is people are using felt tipped darts only at some wars. I gotta learn to make those.

#17 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

Ok, 19th works a lot better for me. If it's going to be the 26th, I need to know imediately.

#18 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

Put me down as a maybe for any of the dates. (contingent upon successful completion of a hopper for my xbow/BBBB). I haven't nerfed in about 5-6 years but I got the itch. I thought i was retired for good but what did I know.

Also any dart restrictions? I used the fbr w/bb + hot glue. Word on the boards is people are using felt tipped darts only at some wars. I gotta learn to make those.

Holy shit. Welcome back, sir. It's been a long time.

#19 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

I'd hate to miss this one, but the 19th and 26th don't work for me. The 5th and 12th do, but it looks like things are leaning towards the 19th.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#20 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:23 PM

Actually, it looks like it's leaning to the 26th. I made a little visual thing to help us organize it:

CLICK ME

Thanks to btrettel/Doom for showing me this site.

Edited by Split, 16 February 2011 - 09:23 PM.

Teehee.

#21 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

Well, unless I can get someone to drive my wife to and from work, or if she lucks out and is off, I am out for this one.

We have a convention to go to on the 5th and a concert on the 19th. The other two days she would be working.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#22 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:31 AM

Actually, it looks like it's leaning to the 26th. I made a little visual thing to help us organize it:

CLICK ME

Thanks to btrettel/Doom for showing me this site.

Thank goodness we have that site. If not, how else could we ever count to 9?

#23 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:24 AM

Bitch I know you've never seen 9 look so pretty.
Teehee.

#24 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

This chart makes the inaccurate assumption that everyone's potential attendance is of equal weight.

#25 LT DAN ICE CREAM

LT DAN ICE CREAM

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:48 AM

I, for one, would love to partake in the shootings of the foam darts at peoples. Any date is fine for me, so long as I get my Rainbow pump sometime soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users