Nerf Dart Tag Speedload 6

Internals and disassembly instructions

5 replies to this topic

#1 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

This gun is complex. it is like a raider internals with some more parts. Yes I have confirmed it does slam fire. it has the same set up as the Raider and Trooper.

For people who thought the Sharp Shot was a waste of money I tend to agree but the Speedload 6 is gargantuan in comparison. So as a side arm the sharpshot is not that terrible.

Posted Image

It is a bit bigger than a recon
Posted Image

Start be removing yellow accent half shells.
Posted Image
Posted Image

NOTE!!!! The half shells have snaps that hold the piece in place. just keep pulling.
Left Side (screw side) has one snap at the rear edge of the shell
Posted Image

Right side has two snaps under the shell
Posted Image

Next remove the internal clip half shell.
Posted Image

The clip has two dart pushers. One is vertical which my left index finger is holding. Right above it is a horizontal dart pusher. It is actuated by a lever. The lever arm is held by a flat washer screw. remove that and pull the dart pusher out and pull the vertical dart pusher out.

Now remove the three screws in the yellow slide and the rest of the body screws. The yellow slide does NOT come off!!!! it is held in place like a recon slide.

Here are the internals.
Posted Image

You need to push the boltsled back to remove the two flat washer screws that hold the front muzzle in place. Then pull the muzzle out and the whole boltsled will come out. The bolt sled is a little complex. The dart tooth is fixed around the bolt sled/barrel attachment. You need to pop the pin to separate the plunger barrel from the bolt sled. Careful because the pin is now cross hatched so it is harder to pop out.

Posted Image

The plunger barrel is similar to the recon/raider. just remove the insides.
Posted Image

Here is the plunger tube.
Posted Image

The spring rest is this hollow collar of plastic. There is room for internal power stock in that end cap.
Posted Image

Here is what the spring looks like at rest without the endcap.
Posted Image

Edited by Solscud007, 24 March 2011 - 08:14 PM.

#2 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

However more importantly a Longshot spring is a perfect fit for the speedload 6. Dont use the stock spring rest but the end cap will hold the back of the spring perfectly.
Posted Image

Here are some important parts to pay attention to when you reassemble the gun.

This is the arm that pushes the horizontal dart pusher. There is a track that it has to line up with the bolt sled.
Posted Image

i find it helps to insert it rotated 90deg around the metal post and when the small tab on the arm lines up i rotate the arm 90deg to its stock position.
Posted Image

Here is the dart roof. When you cock the speedload6 back, the dart roof extends out and covers the clip hole so the darts dont pop out when pushed into the chamber. It helps the insert it into the left side (screw side) of the shell first and then put the two halves of the gun together. then push the dart roof down into the chamber and it will snap into place with the metal post in the bolt sled.
Posted Image

To be honest all the work to remove the ARs was not a huge difference. Even with the longshot spring. I will need to get another gun and try it stock with the LS spring.

I think the darts are leaving too early plus there is an enormous amount of dead space.

#3 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:43 PM

Ugh.... can't stand these guns. Barely better than a recon. Good job on the mod though.

#4 Y-Brik

Y-Brik

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

Ugh.... can't stand these guns. Barely better than a recon. Good job on the mod though.

But it's a recon with spring replacement potential (even if stock LS springs aren't that much of a boost- it's a start!). I'll be the moron who asks about ranges....

As I said I have not not alot of testes yet but I will be once I finish the mod.

Why I am boycotting Hasbro

#5 UberLeetSniper

UberLeetSniper

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:35 AM

Holly fuck, I didn't realize the guys at Urban Taggers weren't kidding when they said a Speedload was a bitch to open up. You probably have to have a lot of patience and not get easily frustrated to even begin with that under-taking. Just so Y-brik doesn't have to be "that guy" what are the ranges after the mod?
Don't let anyone fool you, nerf isn't a game, it's nor a religion, so what is it you may ask, it is a way of life. Once a nerfer, always a nerfer, once a NIC member, always a NIC member. It's viral, just like a ton of youtube videos. -fgclan

#6 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:35 PM

To be honest, ranges are pitiful. I had some air leaking and I fixed it. But at best i estimate 40 feet TOPS!!!

Of course Im only using a LS spring. I tried a cut down NF spring but the plunger catch was not strong enough to be reliable. Needs more springs to push the catch down.

However range then gets into the 50ft range. nothing fantastic. Also the gun is a LOT more front heavy than a recon.

The Dart Tag gun is a neat gimmick but i'll gladly take a recon over this thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users