Brocken Ls Plunger Tube

need Advice......

18 replies to this topic

#1 soloz1

soloz1

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

So, I was singling my Ls when I broke the plunger tube. First, both of the screw ports from the black disc thing (no clue what it's called) from the back of the PT that holds the spring turned to white pieces of shit. I forced the screws into the screw ports the wrong way. Then I tried reinforcing them with epoxy putty... then goop... Yeah, I wasn't thinking and covered the remains of the screw ports with goop-oxy. After, I covered the sides of that black... thing with more epoxy putty and goop.
I think I need a new PT. It kind of looks like a grey and orange dick. And yeah, I used the almighty search button.

Moderaters, please move or delete if this shouldn't be here.

Edited by soloz1, 21 March 2011 - 07:53 PM.

...Man, if I lived on Oahu, I would've dropped in on Pineapple by now. On Molokai. Via Kayak. ...Fuck, we're depending on you guys to defend us from 3DBBQ, get your shit together already.

#2 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

So, there is no way the black piece (I think its called the spring rest) will come off at all? If it can come off, don't worry about putting it back on because there is a part in the shell that holds the rest in place, and it will also hold the spring in place if you take off the spring rest. Long story short, if you can't get the rest off, I don't know what to tell you, if you can get it off, keep it off.
Please, call me Busted.

#3 soloz1

soloz1

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:27 PM

So, there is no way the black piece (I think its called the spring rest) will come off at all? If it can come off, don't worry about putting it back on because there is a part in the shell that holds the rest in place, and it will also hold the spring in place if you take off the spring rest. Long story short, if you can't get the rest off, I don't know what to tell you, if you can get it off, keep it off.

No, it won't stay on. Either that or your talking about different piece.

...Man, if I lived on Oahu, I would've dropped in on Pineapple by now. On Molokai. Via Kayak. ...Fuck, we're depending on you guys to defend us from 3DBBQ, get your shit together already.

#4 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

That's probably it for your LS then, unless you can machine the part out of some polycarbonate, or make yourself a new plunger tube and single it, crossbow style. Or you could just replace it with a titan tank. Just some constructive ideas that work.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#5 soloz1

soloz1

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

........Or you could just replace it with a titan tank. Just some constructive ideas that work.

Might. I mean, maybe. I'm looking for some pvc the diamater of the ls pt.

#6 Y-Brik

Y-Brik

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

I can sell you a LS PT; PM me

As I said I have not not alot of testes yet but I will be once I finish the mod.

Why I am boycotting Hasbro

#7 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

If you're looking to replace the PT with PVC, you may want to look here. That may be a bit over the top, but you get the idea.
However, without shell modifications you won't get PVC with the right wall thickness. Try aluminum.

Edited by Broderick, 21 March 2011 - 09:37 PM.

#8 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

If you hadn't started with charmander then Brock wouldn't be a problem.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#9 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

It's always a good idea to start with squirtle, people who are smart go with squirtle, even if their longshots are brocken. I believe that someone is selling aluminum Longshot plunger tubes somewhere....

Edited by utahnerf, 21 March 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#10 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

I never had a problem with Brock and I always started with Charmander... Then again I always used a gameshark.

My point being, just stick a titan tank in it and hopper it, or make a clip accepting breech, It's not that difficult.

Edited by andtheherois, 21 March 2011 - 11:39 PM.

The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#11 Astray

Astray

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

I remember seeing a guide where the plunger end cap was replaced with a PVC cap and then epoxied on after a hole was cut in the center so the plunger rod could still move. Of course this means you wouldn't be able to open up your plunger tube again without removing the end cap some how. I wish I could find the guide but I haven't had any such luck. Maybe someone else knows where it is.

#12 soloz1

soloz1

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

I started with a Charmander and a Squirtle in the past. Brock kind of sucks.

I think your getting somewhere, Astray. I'll try as you described. Tanks, Brah!

#13 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

Ok, the initial pokemon comment, I assumed, was amusing to those familiar with the subject. What I won't allow is a pokemon discussion on the forums. Violators will be rewarded with suspensions.

#14 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:37 AM

No, it won't stay on. Either that or your talking about different piece.

Oh, then I having the same exact problem with my Ls plunger tube right now.
Please, call me Busted.

#15 event

event

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

You could always just go without it. there is reinforcements in the shell where the spring could sit.

#16 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

Ir you could slap a homemade PT in there. If you need one made contact me.

Edited by thedom21, 09 October 2011 - 06:34 PM.

Funny Irc moments

22:32 hookerninja I would just switch to 2 full 69's
22:32 hookerninja that would diddle shit

11:44 Zorn Her butt is too tiny even for limp 6th grade penis?
11:44 Zorn ergo the dildo

#17 spencerak

spencerak

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

You could maybe do something like this:
http://nerfhaven.com...opic=19242&st=0

Edited by spencerak, 09 October 2011 - 08:35 PM.

Holy shit it's Captain Slug.

#18 spencerak

spencerak

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

Sorry for double post, Internet gliched.

Edited by spencerak, 09 October 2011 - 08:34 PM.

Holy shit it's Captain Slug.

#19 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

You could always just go without it. there is reinforcements in the shell where the spring could sit.

Ir you could slap a homemade PT in there. If you need one made contact me.

Sorry for double post, Internet gliched.

event - you necro'd an old post. Try not to do that. If a thread hasn't been replied to in several months, just leave it be. PM the person, or start a new thread if you've really got something to say.

The rest of you should know better.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users