Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I haven't had a chance to formally test the distance yet, because it shoots farther than I have straight open space in my apartment. I think I've easily doubled the range between this and removing the AR's.

Edited by shirtninjas, 09 March 2011 - 11:44 PM.

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:52 PM

All you did was stick PVC pipe in the faux barrels right? Removing the AR's is what doubled the range, what you did here more than likely is counter-productive or does nothing at all to range increase. You can't change two variables (The PVC pipe and taking out the AR's) then say that the PVC improved the range. The darts are now more likely to hit the walls of the barrels and lose range if you fire while you are moving.

#3 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:14 AM

Nest some CPVC in the PVC. Then you'll have some shit.

Scratch that, nevermind.

Edited by Ozymandias, 10 March 2011 - 03:35 AM.

If you wish to post anything HvZ related, here ya go.

"...if you've ever suffered the effects of a fucking faggot retard overpopulation, you'll understand what devistaiting effects it can have on one's psyche." - Talio

#4 shirtninjas

shirtninjas

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:19 AM

I removed the AR's first and that improved the range, but not all that much. Adding the PVC trapped the air behind the dart better than the 7/8" barrels on the gun and improved it much more.

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:02 AM

Nest some CPVC in the PVC. Then you'll have some shit.

No, you will not. The barrels are not where he put the PVC, they are in the gun. The faux barrel pushes darts back into the barrels then removes the barrier once you click it all the way in. If you put CPVC in the pvc barrels, you would have to rig up some sort of coupling system and remove all the pushback stuff from the faux barrel.

I removed the AR's first and that improved the range, but not all that much. Adding the PVC trapped the air behind the dart better than the 7/8" barrels on the gun and improved it much more.

I doubt that, there is no seal between the pvc barrels and the air output of the stock barrels to trap any air. If it works for you, then that's good though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users