Photo

Ball Valve Mod

2 replies to this topic

#1 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 03:53 PM

So, finally I've come to modifying my modification materials. Click here to see it.

It's fairly easy to adapt the purpose of a ball valve from one that has on open and closed position, to one that has a barrel 1 and barrel 2 position. First close the valve. Now drill a hole in through the coupler that your air source will be at until you hit the middle of the valve. For the second hole, drill through the top of it until you break through and have a right angle route from the air source coupler to the hole in the top. Stick a vinel tube, or a right angle pvc coupler to the new hole and secure it with some sort of glue.

When the valve is open, the main barrel fires. When closed, the air is diverted and shoots off a secondary shot. I'll be getting a bbb in a week or so, and hope to apply it to this gun. I'm working on another integration in the same blaster with a sspb in the front handle. I'll get a pic of this triple shot beast when I'm done. So, how do like my idea?
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 03:59 PM

That's a pretty nice barrel selector, as far as the seal you're going to achieve. Not very expensive either. Let us know how it works out with your 3B.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:18 PM

Here's another idea:
Posted Image
I don't personally know how much pressure it can withstand though. I have looked at one personally, and twisted the little knobs. They work just like miniture ball valves. It runs around $6.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users