5th Annual Minnesota Spring Break War

MNSBW

54 replies to this topic

#1 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

The 2nd MNSBW that happened in March of 2008 was my first war, we must continue the tradition.

Date: Saturday March 26th
Time: 9:00-4:00
Address: Juniper Lane, St. Paul, MN 55116 (make sure you have the zip code!)

The Rules:
-Padded washer darts are required.
-No additional weights other than one standard #6 or one #8 washer may be used on one micro stefan. If you have an alternate, equivalent weight in your darts ask me about it ahead of time.
-No realistic looking blasters. We have plenty of issues with police and bystanders as is.
-No "blanket bans" as far as blasters go. Bring whatever crazy powerful homemades you've created. Keep in mind......
-I reserve the right to ban anything I deem unsafe. This has never been a problem since the introduction of the dart limits, but it's still possible.
-Don't be a douchebag.
-Be respectful towards everyone in the park, not just nerfers.

Edited by venom213, 21 March 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

Take advantage of Newell while it is still cool out, as you won't be able to get much use out of it in the summer.

#3 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

Take advantage of Newell while it is still cool out, as you won't be able to get much use out of it in the summer.

That's what I have in mind. Newell can still be somewhat crowded even when it's cold so I'll just have watch the weather conditions.

Edited by venom213, 05 March 2011 - 09:00 AM.

#4 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

I should be down. Did we miss this war one of the past couple years? Seems like it should be the 5th one.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#5 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

I should be down. Did we miss this war one of the past couple years? Seems like it should be the 5th one.

Yeah...good point. I think last year or the year before we just called it March Nerf Outing, so I was off on my count.

#6 LuckyLotto21

LuckyLotto21

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:05 PM

There is a possibilty that 2-3, plus me will be able to come. We are from southern MN.

#7 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

There is a possibilty that 2-3, plus me will be able to come. We are from southern MN.

Sweet! Always glad to have new people attend.

I should be game for having a mod party at my house the night before if enough people are interested.

#8 36thShadowBattalion

36thShadowBattalion

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

Yeah luckylotto and I will have a strong possibility of being there. I'm hoping to get atleast 3 or 4 more people to come with. Is there any more specific info for this war like where it will be for sure?

#9 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

Yeah luckylotto and I will have a strong possibility of being there. I'm hoping to get atleast 3 or 4 more people to come with. Is there any more specific info for this war like where it will be for sure?

Newell and Highland are less then 5 minutes apart from each other, so that shouldn't make much of a difference. You could check out some of the past war threads if you're looking for rules or whatever.

Probably plan on wearing boots and maybe snowpants, I think the snow will still be pretty deep there.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 11 March 2011 - 10:12 PM.

#10 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:31 PM

I will try to be there but I may need darts depending on if I can sell a few things this week.
Funny Irc moments

22:32 hookerninja I would just switch to 2 full 69's
22:32 hookerninja that would diddle shit

11:44 Zorn Her butt is too tiny even for limp 6th grade penis?
11:44 Zorn ergo the dildo

#11 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

Newell and Highland are less then 5 minutes apart from each other, so that shouldn't make much of a difference. You could check out some of the past war threads if you're looking for rules or whatever.

Probably plan on wearing boots and maybe snowpants, I think the snow will still be pretty deep there.

I have no clue how fast you drive, but Newell and Highland are realistically like... 15 minutes apart. I mean, if you blow all the stop signs, lights, and do 70 through peoples houses, 5 minutes is reasonable.

Eh, its me. I might show up, I might not.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#12 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

how fast you drive, but Newell and Highland are realistically like... 15 minutes apart. I mean, if you blow all the stop signs, lights, and do 70 through peoples houses, 5 minutes is reasonable.

Eh, its me. I might show up, I might not.

I guess they are a bit further apart then I thought. Seems like they only take a couple minutes to get to from the freeway, but it's not like I'm paying that much attention either.

#13 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

Bumping this. I'll have to contact most of the usual guys individually, hardly anyone checks the forums anymore.

#14 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

Woot 200th post!!!!

I am going to need to borrow darts for sure now. I also am looking to buy some of the small larami darts. The ones that work in a sm1k.
Funny Irc moments

#15 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

Bumping this. I'll have to contact most of the usual guys individually, hardly anyone checks the forums anymore.

I didn't get any contacts :(

Despite your jackassery I am IN FOR THIS WAR!! Yeah, I said it! I'll be laying you sluts to waste with my cadre of awesome blasters! (mostly a 4B, HAMP, and Quadshot. Whatever, they work).

TRADING: I am looking for the shell of an Ultimate Rapid Fire or Ultimate Tommy 12 or whatever BuzzBee is calling the battery operated small Tommy 20 in the Ultimate line. JUST the shell, I'm planning some integration-y things with my UMB.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#16 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

I didn't get any contacts :(

Despite your jackassery I am IN FOR THIS WAR!! Yeah, I said it! I'll be laying you sluts to waste with my cadre of awesome blasters! (mostly a 4B, HAMP, and Quadshot. Whatever, they work).

TRADING: I am looking for the shell of an Ultimate Rapid Fire or Ultimate Tommy 12 or whatever BuzzBee is calling the battery operated small Tommy 20 in the Ultimate line. JUST the shell, I'm planning some integration-y things with my UMB.

You still want that longshot plunger tube stuff?

Edited by thedom21, 16 March 2011 - 01:16 PM.

Funny Irc moments

#17 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

[/quote]
You still want that longshot plunger tube stuff?
[/quote]

If you have an LS PT/spring/plunger you are looking to unload I would for sure be interetsed. I might even trade for darts as I have no lack of thoes.
The Difference:

I do not play with guns.

#18 Stark

Stark

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:17 PM

I'm in.
"Road trip." -Atomatron

BITCHES GO CRAZY FOR RAINBOWS

#19 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

Looks I won't have to cancel this after all, I was getting concerned. I'm trying to bring as many of my friends as possible as well. Is anyone in for modding before the war at my house? I'm on spring break the entire week before, so any day should work.

#20 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:12 PM

If I can come I will but don't count on it. If I can come be prepared to dig me out of the snowbank again! :(
Funny Irc moments

#21 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

Looks I won't have to cancel this after all, I was getting concerned.

FACT: six active participants a Nerf war make! You can get some good CTF, 2v2v2, and high-speed DTC.

So you and Me. Velveeta is usually good to go. Stark chimed in, and he counts for like three guys. And if between Lotto and ShadowBat and company two show up we have one happenin’ time!

So what can I do to help people show up? People need ammo? Loaner blasters?
The Difference:

I do not play with guns.

#22 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

I need ammo and if I bring friends they will need ammo and guns.
Funny Irc moments

#23 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

I will have extra ammo. I made a bagfull months ago and hardly used up any of it. I'll bring whatever blasters that aren't currently in pieces waiting to be put back together too.

#24 Stark

Stark

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

I've got 3 or 4 good primaries that people could borrow if need be. Looking forward to fielding the RainBow!

Edited by Stark, 18 March 2011 - 01:27 PM.

"Road trip." -Atomatron

BITCHES GO CRAZY FOR RAINBOWS

#25 LuckyLotto21

LuckyLotto21

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

Yeah so our group is going to be 6 people in all. I have enough darts, but some of them might need some good blsters. I am also looking to buy some 1 1/2 thinwalled pvc. i will need around 5 feet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users