Stampede Broke.....

Stampede fixed....

3 replies to this topic

#1 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

So last sunday my stampede broke, after a few weird and fast back and forth slams, it made a whizzing sound when I pulled the trigger........oh-o....we thought it was the common catch spring jam...... after opening we saw it wasn't that.....It was the gear-box....oh my...

Today after work I opened up the stampede and went on dismantling the gearbox, it is actually a "box" with the motor screwed on one end and just the half-gear sticking out on the other:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Inside the box are some gear-combinations, offcourse allot of down gearing, for more torque less rpm, but 1 combination wassent molded in 1 piece....

Posted Image

It is some kind of motor protection I think.... It doesn't show that well on the picture, but the hole in the large gear and the nub on the small one are supposed to be square but they are worn to a roundish state

When I pulled the trigger, the motor (running 12v 2600mah) forced the 2 gears appart (the "box" isn't made out of the same thickness of plastic as the rest of the shell) so the could slip....

So after I let a BIG sigh of relief I glued the 2 parts together and thats the fix!! Tommorow Test-day(I hope this is the correct place to post this....)
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#2 keeks

keeks

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

i know this sounds really irrelevant but why not single it? you could get a lot better air seal but lose speed. but hey its just an idea

#3 Inferno Falcon

Inferno Falcon

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

i know this sounds really irrelevant but why not single it? you could get a lot better air seal but lose speed. but hey its just an idea

Why would he single a stampede? The whole point of the stampede is rate of fire. A singled stampede would probably get all of 40 feet with a new breech.

#4 NerfGeek416

NerfGeek416

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

You guys should shut up.
He already said he fixed it by gluing the two pieces together. Christ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users