Photo

Big Bad Bow Back Half Disassembly

7 replies to this topic

#1 NinjaofTerror

NinjaofTerror

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

Can anyone give me any tips on how to finish getting this apart? I got all the screws out but the adhesive on the bottom wont come off. I do not want crack the body but i cant figure out how to get it apart.

#2 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

They've been putting adhesive on them lately to keep us from the goodies inside. I use a dremel and cut along the seam of the blaster, but this looks terrible. You could try finding a solvent. I'm pretty sure it's just model glue.

#3 chase

chase

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

Just take a straight bladed knife or flat-head screwdriver down the seam nice and slow.
Because calling a nerfer a nerd is like calling water wet.

#4 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

I used a razor blade, but if you go that route, proceed extremely carefuly. I cut myself 6 times trying to open mine.
01:15 N9> The problem with nerfers: We're around plastic. Plastic contains estrogenic compounds, so we're more feminine than the rest of the world.

WTF, are you in Tony Stark's basement!?'

#5 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Location:Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan in summer; Aspen, CO for school.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

I have also used a razor blade. Make sure that all blades you use are sharp. Also, go nice and slow, there is no need to rush the process and end up cutting yourself.

#6 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

Alright, so don't go and burn the house down, but grab yourself a a sharp razor like everyone said, heat that baby up till she's red hot, and then try cutting it. Move fairly quickly, and don't breathe the vapors. You'll find that your knife will cut much more smoothly and much more easily like this. Heat it up again when the blade cools.
Or you can freeze the shell,then dip it in boiling water a few times. This will weaken the bond,because the glue and plastic expand and contract at different speeds.

#7 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Location:Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan in summer; Aspen, CO for school.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

Make sure to wear proper hand protection when using hot blades. It burns you.

Edited by utahnerf, 15 February 2011 - 09:54 PM.

#8 NinjaofTerror

NinjaofTerror

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:05 AM

I heated it up with a hair dryer and was able to get it apart by using shear man power. :P . Here i come nite finder foregrip with big bad bow combo. Thanks for the tips guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users