Photo

R3l Re-shelled

28 replies to this topic

#1 irfanzain

irfanzain

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:56 AM

Hi guys.. I love SGnerf's R3L design but wanted a more solid feel to it, so what I did was I took a Longstrike and dremelled away all the internal ridges and inserted the R3L into it. Here's what I got. Lemme know what u guys think.
I call it the snip3R mainly because of its looks, but it does go 130ft with the "stock" R3L coil spring.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by irfanzain, 29 December 2010 - 04:59 AM.

#2 BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:24 AM

I think you should never, never take this outside. We'd prefer you not get shot by the police and add to the media frenzy around our harmless hobby.
REVOLUTION Be there or be square.

#3 irfanzain

irfanzain

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:28 AM

I think you should never, never take this outside. We'd prefer you not get shot by the police and add to the media frenzy around our harmless hobby.

They're a bit more restrained about shooting here in Singapore. Already played a few games here with it. Although the games are played in remote areas like woodlands with very little traffic

#4 phillypretzel

phillypretzel

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:54 AM

They're a bit more restrained about shooting here in Singapore. Already played a few games here with it. Although the games are played in remote areas like woodlands with very little traffic

Good thing. In the States, douchebags are shot first, then questions are asked later. There is a thread for this type of thing and it can be found here: Paintjob/modification pictures or here: Homemades picture thread.

Edited by phillypretzel, 29 December 2010 - 05:56 AM.

#5 irfanzain

irfanzain

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:58 AM

Paintjob/modification pictures[/url] or here: Homemades picture thread.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope u guys wear Kevlar vests to school... U know.. Just in case :)

#6 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:12 PM

STV is right this is a sick gun but is risky to take it outside. Although it wouldn't look as cool, you should put some orange tape on the front.
Please, call me Busted.

#7 LT DAN ICE CREAM

LT DAN ICE CREAM

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

Or Knex could have read the entire thread and known that he is in Singapore, where police officials are less ready to draw upon you whenever you've got anything in your hands that closely resembles an actual firearm.

Very nice job reshelling this homemade blaster. My only gripe, as with most other people, is the color.

#8 Goldie

Goldie

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

:"Saying what everyone else has said and will say 10 more time after brokenSVT:"

So there soft on guns in Singapore?

I wounder how many gun dealers have just walked in downtown Singapore with M16`s saying there nerf guns.

Jokeing aside this is the tits. You a cosplayer?

Edited by Goldie, 29 December 2010 - 12:46 PM.

Longshots are terribad and you should feel bad.
Crossbow shells suck and your mom sucks.

S.C.U.N.

#9 phillypretzel

phillypretzel

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

It is a sick blaster, despite it's color. And since you gave it it's very own thread I may as well ask some questions: What is the barrel material and length? Does the thing on the end of the barrel serve any purpose other than cosmetic, and is that a yellow light bulb under there? Do you have any pics of the internals, specifically the trigger/catch? I always liked the ergonomics of the longstrike, and not very many people have completely overhauled one (I believe Split posted a pic, but never a write-up). And if I hadn't mentioned it already, props.

Edited by phillypretzel, 29 December 2010 - 01:44 PM.

#10 ghost recon

ghost recon

• Banned
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

if you do bring it to the state bring some orange duct tape or paint just as a precaution and dont shoot tword old ladies they tend to call the cops
--------------------

"This thread must be either pregnant or just not that time of the month cause I don't see a period anywhere."

#11 qwertyupp

qwertyupp

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

if you do bring it to the state bring some orange duct tape or paint just as a precaution and dont shoot tword old ladies they tend to call the cops

Unless the old lady is participating in the war.

#12 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

Now painted in all-black for the extra thrill of the possibility of being shot by police! Nope, no other colors or even details, just flat black! Have fun with your SUPER COOL JET BLACK BLASTER!! :D If it's fun for you, more power to you, but I wouldn't be caught in any war with someone using that in a public park. I guess I'm also just a old fogie if I like my blasters with more than one color and without needless attachments like the bipod and scope.

Though I do believe this is blaster is a very definition of a L-O-S-E-R rifle.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#13 hockeyfights118

hockeyfights118

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:57 PM

If you live in Singapore or not, I'm sure you can put some orange on there. It's not worth the risk. Would you rather be shot or spend a few dollars on some orange tape?
I love nerf.

QUOTE(Poseidon @ Oct 2 2009, 05:28 PM)

Stalk... do you mean "stock" or are we talking about corn now?

#14 irfanzain

irfanzain

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

It is a sick blaster, despite it's color. And since you gave it it's very own thread I may as well ask some questions: What is the barrel material and length? Does the thing on the end of the barrel serve any purpose other than cosmetic, and is that a yellow light bulb under there? Do you have any pics of the internals, specifically the trigger/catch? I always liked the ergonomics of the longstrike, and not very many people have completely overhauled one (I believe Split posted a pic, but never a write-up). And if I hadn't mentioned it already, props.

The barrel is PETG encased in 15mm PVC. Yes the muzzle brake is purely cosmetic, and the yellow thing below it is the key to the tightening ring. As for the internals its basically an R3L, SGNerf's deign reshelled for ergonomics. Thanks

#15 irfanzain

irfanzain

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

:"Saying what everyone else has said and will say 10 more time after brokenSVT:"

So there soft on guns in Singapore?

I wounder how many gun dealers have just walked in downtown Singapore with M16`s saying there nerf guns.

Jokeing aside this is the tits. You a cosplayer?

Hehe, no they're not soft on guns here, but the whole idea is not to go into a high traffic area with it. Like i've mentioned, we play in remote woodland areas. Theres a group of us here who play mil-sim type wars. There's hardly anyone who ventures into the areas we play. Yes we do cosplay sometimes but i've got another very similiar looking longstrike for that.

#16 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

To provide some context:

http://nerfsg.freefo...tups-t1783.html (Tell me if you can't see that)

Singapore is a good deal less anal about this stuff. Keep in mind, every male citizen over 18 serves in the military (barring an exemption) for 2 years, so they know what is and is not real.

Tl;dr It is their Nerf and cannot effect us on the other side of the world; bugger off.

Edited by Ozymandias, 30 December 2010 - 12:22 AM.

If you wish to post anything HvZ related, here ya go.

"...if you've ever suffered the effects of a fucking faggot retard overpopulation, you'll understand what devistaiting effects it can have on one's psyche." - Talio

#17 irfanzain

irfanzain

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:55 AM

Thanks Ozy.

#18 Darksircam

Darksircam

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:27 AM

Without the hopper clip and barrel, it looks stock. Well, besides the paintjob. Fantastic blaster, very clean.
And it doesn't look extremely long like the normal R3L either. Interesting how it all fits together almost perfectly. Seems that the internals were made for the longstrike shell.

Now making a SNAP version of this would probably result in the hopper clip being stuck in the middle of the blaster or a weird trigger system or something... just because the pipe fittings are shaped so differently.
Travel Cost to TRU = $2. Eliminator pack = $15. Momentum testing = 2 lost darts. Outranging Recons with your mini pistol = priceless.

#19 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:08 AM

This looks awesome. The only thing better would be if you could get it working with the clip system.

#20 irfanzain

irfanzain

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:10 AM

Interesting how it all fits together almost perfectly. Seems that the internals were made for the longstrike shell.

That's what I thought when I put them side by side. Thanks

#21 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

Yeah, don't shoot any strangers with that thing. I shot a lady's car where I live, with a modified red at2k, and she flipped a shit. I guess I just live in an area full of tight asses. She thought some gangster shot her car with a 9mm.

#22 irfanzain

irfanzain

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:23 AM

Yeah, don't shoot any strangers with that thing. I shot a lady's car where I live, with a modified red at2k, and she flipped a shit. I guess I just live in an area full of tight asses. She thought some gangster shot her car with a 9mm.

I'll keep that in mind.

#23 Inferno Falcon

Inferno Falcon

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

A name suggestion would be "SnipR3"

Not only would "snipre" be a bit more unique, but it keeps the "R3"

#24 echo 408

echo 408

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

I have a Longstrike myself and you really just put some cool ideas into my head.That looks very hot, I give an 11 out of 10. :)
I learned that sometimes, it's better to keep what you know to yourself-simple as that.

Life can be awesome at times, but it's all about how you look at it.

Nothing is true, but everything is permitted.

#25 ghost recon

ghost recon

• Banned
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

Unless the old lady is participating in the war.

you had to see the video to know what i mean it was one of forsaken_angel24's it was a bonus vid with questions but i think it was split or k10 that shot and missed and almost hit the lady and she called the cops
--------------------

"This thread must be either pregnant or just not that time of the month cause I don't see a period anywhere."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users